The Rise of AMD- How One Woman Changed The CPU Industry

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Lisa Su was appointed president and CEO of AMD in October 2014 after holding a C-Suite position for 2 years prior...when Lisa entered, everything changed...a business plan was adapted for a long term outlook...she instituted an effective strategy to minimize debt and focused processor design and manufacturing on computer gaming, cloud and data center compatibility...

https://medium.com/the-innovation/the-rise-of-amd-69c46148c8fa

Ehhhh.... Not so fast. I love Lisa. And she has executed brilliantly. But Rory Read is the one who came in, did intelligent cost cutting, and put the company on stable life support by pushing into semi-custom - saving the company from bankruptcy. Not to mention that the efforts toward Ryzen started on his watch.

Dude deserves a fucking medal of some sort.

Wikipedia said:
At AMD, Read inherited a company that had approximately 95% of its revenue driven by the PC market.[15][16] Read diversified the portfolio to produce revenue of 50% from five new high growth markets, building over US$2 billion in new businesses.[17][18] Under Read, AMD lowered costs by over 30% while restructuring AMD debt, strengthening the balance sheet, and returning to non-GAAP profitability.[5][19] He was responsible for implementing an ambidextrous X86/ARM architecture and the clean sweep of AMD GPUs or APUs in new game consoles during his tenure.[20][21]

Read also served as an executive advisor for AMD.

Last edited:
Ehhhh.... Not so fast. I love Lisa. And she has executed brilliantly. But Rory Reed is the one who came in, did intelligent cost cutting, and put the company on stable life support by pushing into semi-custom - saving the company from bankruptcy. Not to mention that the efforts toward Ryzen started on his watch.

Dude deserves a fucking medal of some sort.
I was about to say the same thing, that Rory Reed deserves the credit for keeping the company a float and starting Ryzen development.

Back