The Return of the Duke

SeymourGore

Supreme [H]ardness
This announcement got a bit lost during all the Scorpio news yesterday, but MS and Hyperkin are bringing back the original Xbox 'Duke' controller for the Xbox One and PC.

Pretty pumped for it, it wasn't everyone's cup of tea but I found the controller to be extremely comfortable and played many hours of Halo on it. I liked the shape of the face buttons, felt like I could switch between commands easier. My only real gripe was the squishy d-pad.

Anyhow, detachable 9ft cable (hopefully this also means wireless capability), new LCD logo screen (hopefully programmable), and two added bumpers are being added to the original design.

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre...ontroller-original-the-duke-all-hail-hyperkin

r0l5wiva700kk1esdxwf.jpg

Man that controller sucked. Thankfully they updated to the S controller prior to buying my Xbox.

A friend had one though and it was almost as bad as the Mad Catz ones lol

I'm definitely in the minority in that I have huge hands and thought this controller was absolute perfection.

This is great news!

I have big hands and it was....eh. I seem to recall trying to reach those white/black buttons was a hassle.

In for Duke Nukem, instead get advert for Xbox Controller......

Return of the Dook indeed. :(

Reactions: Youn
like this
I actually liked the duke controller alot. I eventually moved over the S a few years later. Liked it more then the dualshock 2 and gamecube controller.

Im predicting it wont be cheap or have pressure sensitive buttons like the original did.

I never cared for the button placements (they're almost directly above the right analog) but never minded the heft of it.
I'm still convinced an Xbox 360 controller with the Xbox One's analog sticks and triggers would be the best controller ever.

I used to play Project Gotham racing with the s controller with a bunch of friends. Then I tried it with the Duke™ and started to destroy them in it. So much easier to play with that contorller

That controller was tested on the guy who plays The Mountain in GoT. It was far too large for the average person, and too round. That being said, it still doesn't take away the fact that it allowed us to play the awesomeness that was Halo.

Back