The Retaliation Begins: Google Profiles Get Schmidt-Faced

Everyone could simply change their age to 15 yrs old in their profiles. Thereby eliminating any chance they will be used in any google propaganda.

This is going back a bit, but this whole social network thing makes me think of a line by Joshua in WarGames: " A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. "

Google is pissing me off lately. Every time I go on YouTube these days, it basically forces me to sign up for Google+. Actually, according to the wording, apparently I already have a Google+ profile even though I never signed up for one, or wanted one. Pretty annoying Google; you lost me. Really wish someone would come out with a good YouTube alternative, then I can completely leave Google and their ad-based business model behind.

Google is pissing me off lately. Every time I go on YouTube these days, it basically forces me to sign up for Google+. Actually, according to the wording, apparently I already have a Google+ profile even though I never signed up for one, or wanted one. Pretty annoying Google; you lost me. Really wish someone would come out with a good YouTube alternative, then I can completely leave Google and their ad-based business model behind.

Yeah, Google has been getting really aggressive in their identity scheming lately. First google maps no longer sorts results by distance but instead by sponsorship. Look up a gas station or an ATM machine and instead of getting the closest one, you get whichever company paid to have theirs displayed, often times upwards of 15 minutes away from your current location, even if one is literally on the corner where you stand.

Then the whole youtube comments things trying to force you to create a G+ page, and then forcing you to link the two together. I get it, advertisers know "AnalThrash69" is not a real profile they can market to, so they're trying to build a list of "real" users so they can go "see, see! Here are REAL people's information for sale, buy here!".

Now this? I'm getting reaaaaaaallllly close to migrating my mobile platform to another brand, the same way I did when I started using Google services.

They don't force you to link them together, I was able to bypass the linking. Still don't use my real name on either. (You don't have to click the 'okay' buttons.)

As much as I love google -- they have been pissing me off in the maps dept.

I was searching for some info on a chase branch that I know to exist not even 5 min from my house. Put in "chase + my zip code" and the bank doesn't populate, the OTHER chase banks 15 min away populate just fine, but the one by my house tha'ts been there for years doesn't

Thus how it goes with megacorporations that started from nothing, they get too big, too greedy, and too spread out trying to do everything everywhere at every time.

Microsoft, Google, facebook, all grew from small compaies to being true badasses in their areas... but then they all hit a point where they are trying TOO much and everything turns to crap slowly.

Really wish someone would come out with a good YouTube alternative, then I can completely leave Google and their ad-based business model behind.
There already are Youtube alternatives, but sheeple are too lazy to learn the name of a new website.

do people not read the fine print, sure facebook states they can do the same and use your public content for advertising as they see fit.

The worst thing about google is that they seem to be losing functionality. OK yeah no surprise that they want to whore out advertising but somehow recently my google navigation experience started to suck. It seems like it takes 2x as long to finally get to navigation now that they rolled it in with maps. Plus when I try to zoom out at a certain level it wants to zoom out way I cannot seem to control the pinch to zoom to be where I want.

I've changed search engines.. duck duck go, Ixquick.. Google has changed.. the search results are not that good anymore.. I wouldn't have told you that 6 months ago.. Bing/Yahoo have never been that good.. I guess they are all the same pretty much.

The worst thing about google is that they seem to be losing functionality. OK yeah no surprise that they want to whore out advertising but somehow recently my google navigation experience started to suck. It seems like it takes 2x as long to finally get to navigation now that they rolled it in with maps. Plus when I try to zoom out at a certain level it wants to zoom out way I cannot seem to control the pinch to zoom to be where I want.

Dear God, don't get me started on the shit Maps pulled on me Friday..I had to take my dad to the VA Hospital in Baltimore, MD..Its a big building, you know, a few square blocks or so? Well he had to be there for a while so I left and went over to Micro Center in Towson..

Upon trying to get back, Google Maps takes a complete shit on my S3 right about the time the monsoon started back up. AT 5 pm. On a Friday. In rush hour traffic in downtown Bmore..I literally drove in a square 3 times due to the fact that GM swears there is no #10 Greene Street in B'more. I almost through my phone out the window I was so fucking mad. I smashed it on the steering wheel so hard I actually was blown away I didn't crack the LCD:mad::mad:..

Dear God, don't get me started on the shit Maps pulled on me Friday..I had to take my dad to the VA Hospital in Baltimore, MD..Its a big building, you know, a few square blocks or so? Well he had to be there for a while so I left and went over to Micro Center in Towson..

Upon trying to get back, Google Maps takes a complete shit on my S3 right about the time the monsoon started back up. AT 5 pm. On a Friday. In rush hour traffic in downtown Bmore..I literally drove in a square 3 times due to the fact that GM swears there is no #10 Greene Street in B'more. I almost through my phone out the window I was so fucking mad. I smashed it on the steering wheel so hard I actually was blown away I didn't crack the LCD:mad::mad:..

You couldn't remember how to get back where you already where? :confused:

Back