The race to 4 billion

We should hit 4bil @ 6pm EST. As of 5pm EST:

[H]ardOCP 3999715431
folding@evga 3992067199

I want to be the first to cogratulate you guys an a great effort to get to 4 billion before us. As I have said before there are no losers in this, only winners. The race is not to 4 billion, nor is it a race to number one. It is a race for cures to devastating illnesses. Sometimes in competition it is easy to lose sight of that. I am a fool with sirjames who feels our two teams can have a better relationship. You guys have a tremendous amount of knowledge and dedication, and we would be wise to learn from you.

Trust me, Apollo, it's not my intention to come to your place and lob unfounded accusations.
I think it's got to be a process which both sides can take part in...and although not everybody is perfect, it is encouraging that there are a lot who are all about congratulating [H] for the accomplishment without having a suspicious and accusatory tone. Just hey great job, wonderful day for science!
Perhaps I'm just chasing my tail...but I hope not.

*facepalm*
Two of my computers have been running for about a week as default anonymous users....
that's about 3k/day.

Respectfully, that's the kind of remark that keeps inflaming the us vs. them going on...
I don't recall reading anybody on the EVGA forums calling a particular member here at [H] a moron or drama queen. If they have, I haven't come across it. Yet I can specifically recall those things being said about more than one EVGA Mod in just the last week.
I'm not defending whatever they have said, but this relationship between the forums won't get better on either side unless the name calling cools off.
And I'll say the same to anybody I come across on EVGA calling an [H] member a name.
fine :p

I want to be the first to cogratulate you guys an a great effort to get to 4 billion before us. As I have said before there are no losers in this, only winners. The race is not to 4 billion, nor is it a race to number one. It is a race for cures to devastating illnesses. Sometimes in competition it is easy to lose sight of that. I am a fool with sirjames who feels our two teams can have a better relationship. You guys have a tremendous amount of knowledge and dedication, and we would be wise to learn from you.

Trust me, Apollo, it's not my intention to come to your place and lob unfounded accusations.
I think it's got to be a process which both sides can take part in...and although not everybody is perfect, it is encouraging that there are a lot who are all about congratulating [H] for the accomplishment without having a suspicious and accusatory tone. Just hey great job, wonderful day for science!
Perhaps I'm just chasing my tail...but I hope not.

Guys, thanks for the congrats and good wishes, but ultimately we're all in this together. If it wasn't for the drive and efforts that you guys have brought to the table, we might not have ever seen the kind of production for Stanford that we've witnessed over the past month - especially the past week or so. Massive WU's being processed and returned. :cool:

I know that we've been in the top slot for a number of years, and I'm proud of the fact that I've been able to personally contribute to that happening. I'm hoping that when EVGA takes that number one position away, even if it's just for a short while, that you guys will continue to drive forward and carry the banner of science as the ultimate reason for bieng there.

All of the teams on the list (not just the top few) have contributed an enormous amount of processing power for Stanford and science, so while we're handing out congratulatory statements and well wishes, I would just like to say a big *THANK YOU* to the *ENTIRE* folding community. If you've contributed anything to the project as a whole, you deserve to be recognized!

Carry on, and FOLD [H]ARD!!!

Lots of class shown over the evga thread about [H].

This has been so much fun...thank God the next race is soon starting ;-)

Lots of class shown over the evga thread about [H].

This has been so much fun...thank God the next race is soon starting ;-)

Uh-Oh. Another race. I better put a better oil in my gas in my two stroke engine so I can pop a wheelie or two.

hope we don't crash their stats servers hitting refresh so many times

1 33 [H]ardOCP 4000154868 12157382
2 111065 folding@evga 3992604657 6840723
Whoo-Hoo!

:) good job everyone on [H]

yeahthat.gif
thumbsup.gif

Congratulations guys. I have a tremendous amount of respect for you folks. My grandfather died with Alzheimer disease and my mother has Parkinsons so I have a real grasp on what is going on here.

Amen kyle (similar reasons here), maybe you should give a post in the "Why we Fold" thread

Here it is, in all it's glory!

4Bscreencap.jpg

Cert will follow as soon as I can - I have to add it to my 2B & 3B certs!

Very nice everyone!! Congrats [H]!!!I will be helping out as long as the weather doesn't get too hot here in Texas! :) Fold on!!!!

2.png

We did it without needing high speed cameras to tell that we did it. That is impressive with the amount of points they are throwing up.

CONGRATS and THANKS to all.

AWESOME!!! Front page goodness on the OCP is schweeeet indeed! Thanks a billion (or four) Kyle! :cool: :D

That is sweet!

Now I know that our friends from MaximumPC will probably go back to their former teams, but we should not back down.

Wooo!! We did it, against the odds we rose up and stood our Way to fold brothers and sisters!! Thanks to all who helped us hit this goal!!

Hey ive been away from computers all day so I missed you all passing 4 billion but I would like to congratulate everyone now. Great job!!!

youve only been here 8 days shovel? Holy shit, the last week feels like it took forever

I spend wayyyy too much time watching my rigs then, damn
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Back