The race to 4 billion

Anyone feel we should have an official [H] song for the battle for 4 billion? I feel it should be a reggae, Hall and Oates, or Huey Lewis song.

Black Roses by Inner Circle, I love that damn song when the speed is increased a bit.

Dunno would love a good beat song, no heavy metal/rock stuff. I want some smooth stuff. Hawaiian scene stuff even...anyone heard of Mana'o Company? They have a song Drop Baby Drop....we can be like its droping points on EVGA. Or evan a song called Driving Me Pupule by Three Plus, basically the song means driving me crazy...we think of it as driving me crazy to drop 4 billion first. Not to mention it gets people into the Hawaiian scene.

Jermaine Stewart, We dont have to take out clothes off......I think it suits us vs EVGA. Basically we just we be we to try and beat them. Its a pretty damn good song.

Last edited:
I set a personal best this week by pulling down 475k over the last 7 days.:)

Tomorrow at 1AM EST I will be switching all my clients over to team 33 until we cross the 4 billion mark. I should be good for around 50-60k PPD on average.
As promised, all of my clients are now folding for team 33.

i've added my 4870 and q9450, good luck on 4bil

if someone wants to take the time to do a remote install of a VM and do all the linux stuff to max out my PPD, PM me.

if someone wants to take the time to do a remote install of a VM and do all the linux stuff to max out my PPD, PM me.
You will very likely see maximum production in native Windows. Nobody uses VMs now that all the SMP WUs can be processed in Windows and more quickly to boot. I'd help you if it were necessary for max efficiency but it isn't so anymore.

whats the problem and what client are you using on it?

It won't even let me boot into windows, it just locks the whole computer - not even a BSOD, 258.96 drivers are installed and I ran driver sweeper before the install to clear out all the crap. The rig is completely stable (with a 460 and a 275/250 combo card) until this card goes in so i'm about to try a different slot and see if that makes any difference

UPDATE:- Got it to work in a different slot but then nearly cooked both 250's with the heat, need to readdress cooling before i can get her going again so back down to 36-37kPPD

Furtehr update - 460 is stuck in power saving clocks - nothing will force it back into 3d clocks - evga precision and nvidia control panel are doing squat - any idea's anyone??

Last edited:
i was gonna say something about the rawhide song lol

Huge congrats to each of us grassroots, personally funded fighters on this team for standing our ground against a corporately sponsored team.

If they ever stumble, (or if evga ever stops the bucks program) we'll kick their ass.

I'm just blown away by the fact their own forum mods say its ok to handpick and dump some WU's just so they can get a bit more PPD

You wonder why we are so short on good units? Well, shit like that don't help. And the mod locks the thread to drop the hammer once someone calls him on it. Wow, out-fucking-standing right there boys, Class A dick move EVGA. As if people werent already annoyed at the team this oughta throw em over the edge. And they wonder why no one likes them lol

Reason #211 why Team33 is the best team in the world

/rant

Fold on brothers, I'm interested in beating them to 4bil now solely as a means to piss them off after that bull shit stunt

(PS, I'm gonna be down 30k today on just one rig cuz I caught a slow bigadv and I'm not going to dump it and screw another folder over just so I can get more points :) )

that statement might be worth bringing to the attention of PG
I'm just wondering if their team being as huge as they are, have any beta testers, and where are they when controversial topics like this are raised by concerned members...?

Tobit, which other thread were you alluding to at the OP of your link?

/hopes this topic won't horribly derail another thread...

I'm just wondering if their team being as huge as they are, have any beta testers, and where are they when controversial topics like this are raised by concerned members...?
As a beta tester, I haven't run across any beta testers from their team.

Tobit, which other thread were you alluding to at the OP of your link?
/hopes this topic won't horribly derail another thread...
Agreed. I, regrettably, was not at my best last night, neither here nor on their forums. Very disappointed with my self actually, I should have handled both situations better. I'll talk to you in private about "the other thread".

No need, its obvious that while they have outstanding members on their team, if they don't take serious action against what their own mods aprove of then there's no point in going there. I ask each Horde member to keep their thoughts on the issue here in our own house, when we go there and express our views they just delete it, cover it up, and move on their merry way. It's a shame there isnt more people like Parja that see why that is so wrong.

But alas, we can't change the rules of someone elses house and its been proven in 3 threads already, no more need to try to talk sense into them. Let them solve their own issues themselves, and if they don't, its a shame, but it kind of labels a team a lot of people already have minor issues with.

Let's stay concerned with our own team, our own goals, and the best interest of science. Let's not forget why the Horde is the best team in the world. While the shiny points are nice, we've risen to the top via the commitment of our folders, as can be demonstrated by the long term commitment of some of the members here that have been thru it all.

We fold for a cure first and fore most. If others want to bring down the system, that is not our job to police them, the proper people will by now know

Tobit, it's called being human. We know who you are... that's all that matters

Hey [H]orde. Just dropping by. I'd like to apologize for some of EVGA's members comments that have grouped everybody here into being the same as those few members that cause problems (No, I'm not talking about you Tobit. I appreciate that you are apologetic for what occurred last night, and understand that it happens). The problem is, some of your fellow members do the same to us. With both teams taking low blows at each other all the time, it appears that there is no end in sight to the hostility, which is unfortunate, because we are all after the same goal.

I would like to comment on some of your statements regarding a few of our members "flushing" work units. It is clearly not all of us, nor do all of us approve of what they do, but we cannot do anything to stop it. Also, the mods comments on the subject were not on behalf of EVGA. Also, as a mod it is his job to keep things in check. Asking people to respect everybody else regardless of how they choose to fold falls under trying to fulfill that task. I would also like to point out that I have read here about some of the [H]orde doing the same thing, as well as others that are refusing to remove the fermi flag from non fermi clients. Those things make it clear that a few people from every team will always get a bit over zealous and not do things right -- and refuse to admit that they are wrong once it has clearly been pointed out that they are.

I'm getting tired of the blanket statements from both teams. One in particular that irks me is the bucks program. I do not fold to make a profit -- I spend much more than I make in bucks. I fold because I, as well as my sister, have cystic fibrosis, a chronic disease caused by protein mis-folding. Her lung function is down to 28% and is soon to be admitted into the hospital. I am very fortunate and my lung function is in the 90s. I fold for her, and I take it very personally when people think I (obviously not me in particular, just EVGA as a whole) only do it for the bucks. Yes, I started folding for EVGA because of this program, with the sole reason that it will allow me to replace hardware much more often then I would be able to afford to otherwise. I have accrued 145 bucks at this point, and am about ready to finally replace my 8800GT. Without EVGA bucks I would not be able to do this for a long while as I simply cannot afford it. The more I upgrade, the more I can help the project. I am just simply trying to help the research as much as possible with what I have. Please understand that.

Thanks for reading, and fold on.

-Flip

The posts that were deleted over there were clear violations of our TOS. I did not delete anything that did not have profanity (Tobit speak up) or personal attacks against members in our community. Similar posts were deleted from our current team members. I did not single out [H] members. The context of the thread remained intact.

I read over that thread. (I have an account but don't post there). I was the one who close the thread (here at [H], not a mod. It was out of sorts and was way off topic. I had control and a way to stop it, so I did.

I will have debate of the deadline issue, and have in the past, but not sending back WU or corrupting the data to get more ppd is just wrong. It hurts and slows down everything we are trying to do. It is just that simple. If anyone is found doing things like this and are reported to PG and their points zeroed I will not shed a tear, no matter who's team they are on.

Now, I might suggest we talk about the fact that we are 2.8 weeks away from overtake. This is a good thing because we have pushed them back a bit more, but we are still in their sites. Fold on [H]orde. Make them earn it!

@rcranfield

I dont really think anyone was upset about the profanity. I think people were most bothered by the fact that some members think that its ok to change the rules for themselves so they get better points at the cost of derailing the science (ya know that thing that were doing this for).

As for personal attacks, i dont think calling people out is really needed. As a mod of another forum I would think you would know better. Then again i never thought i would see a mod telling his team to break the rules.

Im seriously disappointed in how all of this has turned out.

flipback, thanks for coming over here. I enjoy interaction between teams because it keeps things interesting. However there is no comparison between the Fermi flag issue here and cranfield's condoning flushing WUs.

Cranfield condoning flushing WUs is in direct violation of PG's stated goals, as is the fermi flag on g92 cards. However, he has a responsibility to keep his act together as a moderator, a leader of the forums. I was glad to see Parja stick up for what's right, but last I saw Cranfield closed the thread, ending the discussion, and perpetuating his ill-advised opinion.

The user here that was arguing for the fermi flag is a minor voice among the team, and you saw the leadership of this team come out in force in swift opposition.

@rcranfield

I dont really think anyone was upset about the profanity. I think people were most bothered by the fact that some members think that its ok to change the rules for themselves so they get better points at the cost of derailing the science (ya know that thing that were doing this for).

As for personal attacks, i dont think calling people out is really needed. As a mod of another forum I would think you would know better. Then again i never thought i would see a mod telling his team to break the rules.

Im seriously disappointed in how all of this has turned out.
Not calling him out, just asking for for concurrence. I was accused of deleting posts in a biased manner. That was not the case. Since those posts are gone, I simply asked Tobit to back me up.
I was just over at the folding forum looking for those rules. I certainly do not want to support breaking the rules. Could you post that link for me? I am not real familiar with navigating that forum. As long as I have been folding, no one has ever posted the rules to fold by. Nor provided a link. Thanks.

i think the point is not that its against the rules per say, hell not much is in direct violation of any rules, but rather the idea behind it. PG's goal is to get WU's done. So flushing a unit just delays the ultimate goal, yes you get another one done, but the unit that was flushed takes a while to get back out there......

as for the fermi flag on non fermi hardware, I was one of the members that did it, but i stopped a day or so after the announcement that it is preferred not to do it since it goes against the point of Fermi.

I simply asked Tobit to back me up.
and I simply just want to move along. I've admitted on several occasions that I was wrong, whether your membership wants to believe it or not, in the way I handled my posts on your forum. Enough said. I'm done rehashing this.

I think we should get back to the issue at hand....our race to 4 billion!!! Some people do things wrong, it happens. We should just move on.

and I simply just want to move along. I've admitted on several occasions that I was wrong, whether your membership wants to believe it or not, in the way I handled my posts on your forum. Enough said. I'm done rehashing this.

I believe you, Tobit. I am done with it too. Time for this to be put to bed.
The posting rules here are different than at EVGA. Once profanity creeps into the post we will always remove it. You guys allow it in the body of the message but not the title. We welcome all opinions there. When we were a young team and had little knowledge, we would almost have paid to have some of you guys visit and help out. I wish the feelings were better between our groups. We are not enemies, we are the same in what we do, just different names for teams with exactly the same goals.

One more thing about achieving the goals of folding. PG put out a call to fold more of the single core CPU clients. They apparently have a huge backlog of them that no one wants to do since there are better WUs to utilize the capacity of our machines. A call went out in our forum a month or so ago to try to do more of those. As stated, this is also a goal of PG.

Now for the challenge. I'll throw this back at ya, but in a friendly way. If cherry picking WUs is against the goals of PG, and we all want PG to achieve its goals, why don't both teams push hard to complete more of the single core WUs and knock them out. With both teams taking on PGs goals, those WUs would be done pretty quickly.

BTW, I already knew there were no rules, just wants and needs.;)

flipback, thanks for coming over here. I enjoy interaction between teams because it keeps things interesting. However there is no comparison between the Fermi flag issue here and cranfield's condoning flushing WUs.

Cranfield condoning flushing WUs is in direct violation of PG's stated goals, as is the fermi flag on g92 cards. However, he has a responsibility to keep his act together as a moderator, a leader of the forums. I was glad to see Parja stick up for what's right, but last I saw Cranfield closed the thread, ending the discussion, and perpetuating his ill-advised opinion.

The user here that was arguing for the fermi flag is a minor voice among the team, and you saw the leadership of this team come out in force in swift opposition.

If you are referring to me, let me once again make it clear as you obviously didn't understand or want to understand my posts.
My argument was to make a rule and/or client change for all, and thus eliminate these types of debates. As it still stands, (unless a change was made to the F@H rules since my posting) it is not illegal to use any more than the bigadv. Some of you were too hair triggered to jump in with accusations, name calling and presumptions and made the situation worse. People both new and old see these threads and it can be quite the put off. This happens on every team, it's how it is handled that matters. Some handled it badly. Some made it right.
On a side note, Tobit and I have put it aside, moved on and so should you. Move past this and do what you like best, fold.
This is my last post on the matter.

PG put out a call to fold more of the single core CPU clients.
I've always been a big proponent of folks running at least one or two single core clients if they have the spare hardware for it. See my post here. The best way to benefit science, IMO, is to run the most variety of clients as you can afford to run. See my semi-live folding stats and you can see I run plenty of classic clients: http://teamtobit.net/fahstats/

Back