The race to 200 million.

16 days to go and still looking like Musky by a nose, unless Keith can wangle some moar D.

Patriots ramp is humungous, but starting from too far back.

Watch for my upcoming thread on first to 300 million ;)

sooo MIBW who is your farm folding for right now?
:rolleyes:

I'll tell you what is tough....trying to figure out how to ramp up for the next couple of weeks when you are starting at 1;5M ppd. I don't think that firing up the herd of dual cores or the couple of 8400s I have laying around is going to really be noticed at all...I'd need a dual hex SR-2 just to see a difference these days... :)

Musky - I am reminded of pre WW1 naval arms races that nearly bankrupted Britain ever before the balloon went up. So you are stuffed basically. It is more 4p or bust. :p

Well I guess we have to beguile the hours while waiting 16 days for this race to be decided, I guess Kiwi vs Aussie is as good a waste of time as any... FYI, Kiwis often call us "underarmers" after a disgraceful episode in a cricket match 30 years ago. Kiwis needed 6 runs off the last ball of the match, which could only be done by hitting a six (over the fence - equivalent of a home run) The Aussie bowler disgraced the nation by underarming - just rolled the ball down the pitch like a lawn bowl, making it impossible to hit it out of the park. They are still mad about it.

PS wife is in background listening to childbirth videos on youtube, so I am struggling to concentrate while overhearing phrases like "nipple stimulation causing uterine contraction". :eek:

After a dismal day by me yesterday (if you can call 800K "dismal"), it looks like dropper has taken a 2+ day lead in the race. This is all going to come down to WU allocation - if i don't stay loaded up with 6903s, I don't have a chance. A 2689 and a 2684 plus me blowing my main breaker yesterday screwing around with a bitcoin box hurt a bit...

Bitcoin has nothing to do with it. Me being an idiot is the problem... :)

Well, unless dropper decides to turn off his entire farm tomorrow, i think it is safe to say that this race is over. He will pass me before 190M, in under 3 days. An early congratz to dropper - way to fold!

I just added another blade to the moar, just to fend off that other guy :). We should both be breaking into the top 20 when we hit 200M.

Keith

I just added another blade to the moar, just to fend off that other guy :). We should both be breaking into the top 20 when we hit 200M.

Keith

just added a 4p to crush that other guy...;)

"I am reminded of pre WW1 naval arms races that nearly bankrupted Britain ever before the balloon went up."

This springs to mind, especially given the last couple of posts.

Fold on!!

This is why I must bow out of this race - you two are freakin' nuts!! :)

All I can say is, I'm glad you both are on my team...
+1.

Last winter I was in the top 5 PPD on the team. Now I'm struggling to stay in the top 20. Keep on folding brothers.

+1.

Last winter I was in the top 5 PPD on the team. Now I'm struggling to stay in the top 20. Keep on folding brothers.

I have doubled my output since I took #1 in April, and am running #8 in the world for 24 hour point average....and STILL I am about to get double mowed...insane i tell ya...

Looking over at hardfolding, I noticed something funny about the badges. Not the fact that they stop at 90M, but that the next milestone is at 899,999,999. Now, when they set up the site, I'm sure they didn't think anyone would hit that anytime soon, but it looks like a few of us have the possibility of hitting that mark in ~1 year and it could break the site.

Keith

Haha, that could get quite interesting! We will have to see what happens.

Well, as of 10 minutes ago we have a new leader!

Congrats Dropper, Very [H]ard.

This team blows my mind, when I started the thread it looked like a neck and neck race, and now it looks over already... although lookout Keith, Musky added SR2's at a rate of two per week:eek: to knock me off back in January, so look over your shoulder the whole way to 200 million ;)

Looking over at hardfolding, I noticed something funny about the badges. Not the fact that they stop at 90M, but that the next milestone is at 899,999,999. Now, when they set up the site, I'm sure they didn't think anyone would hit that anytime soon, but it looks like a few of us have the possibility of hitting that mark in ~1 year and it could break the site.

Keith
I think the internet might explode.

Well, as of 10 minutes ago we have a new leader!

Congrats Dropper, Very [H]ard.

This team blows my mind, when I started the thread it looked like a neck and neck race, and now it looks over already... although lookout Keith, Musky added SR2's at a rate of two per week:eek: to knock me off back in January, so look over your shoulder the whole way to 200 million ;)

I am out of capacity, and adding anything noticable at this point is too pricey to justify. I may sneak back ahead for an update or two when this 6904 drops, but the two 2684s I picked up yesterday are going to seal my fate an give Keith the title for good by tomorrow.

I think it is time to put the SR-2s up for sale and start sniffing around the G34 market a bit more. I doubt I will ever hit dropper or Patriot levels of output, but maybe I can get a little closer...

Well, congrats to Dropper on the first to 200 million, outstanding achievement.

And congrats to Musky and Patriot and everyone in [H] for putting on such a great show, slugging it out at levels that were unimaginable only 6 months ago.

A lucky team to have leaders like this. :D

Congratz Keith! That is heck of a lot of horsepower you continue to bring to the party. On behalf of the rest of the team, we thank you for taking the time to bring it all on-line for [H]...keeping that number of machines crunching along is quite an accomplishment!

Did you all happen to notice that even though we saw a ~20% drop in bigadv points/day, both dropper and Patriot actually increased their production??? Insanity....

Did you all happen to notice that even though we saw a ~20% drop in bigadv points/day, both dropper and Patriot actually increased their production??? Insanity....

mine did not go up (yet) it still went down... my ppd 7 day average went back up to what it actually was... having 2p and rigs busy for 4 days on 6903s messes with the avg...and then give you a massive day....
ticked that stanford kicks a broken system and says its better... but w/e I will grind on them for a long time... however... resistance is futile... I will push on...

You guys at the top are just super hardcore. Pretty amazing how you guys are quadrupling the output of the famed AtlasFolder back in the older days and he was running like 30 GPU's.

With no change in rigs, I'm seeing ~400K point drop in PPD, now.

Keith

Was just in a training class, and since I have mentioned that I use Dell products here, as per the FTC, I need to state the following:

Hi, my name is Keith, and I work for Dell.

Keith

Last edited:
Was just in a training class, and since I have mentioned that I use Dell products here, as per the FTC, I need to state the following:

Keith
:confused:

whatever you say, sir :)

Last edited:

Keith
thats ok keith, we won't hold that against you :p

Best thing to ever come from Dell :p

But both Keith and Patriot are doing over 2 million average. :eek:

Back