The Privacy Phone.

Turn off Background App refresh on any iPhone and don’t install a bunch of shit apps that claim to need your location or tie into Facebook and Google services. I never use my Google account so sign into anything except YouTube and Gmail.

Also all apps have options for using your location “Never” “While using the app” and “Always”. When stupid people click always, they get what they asked for.

Maybe they aren't stupid but just don't care.

Turn off Background App refresh on any iPhone and don’t install a bunch of shit apps that claim to need your location or tie into Facebook and Google services. I never use my Google account so sign into anything except YouTube and Gmail.

Also all apps have options for using your location “Never” “While using the app” and “Always”. When stupid people click always, they get what they asked for.

And you've personally looked at the source code to confirm that isn't just a fake dropdown list with no actual function?

I'd argue it's also stupid for people to see an option to turn off something like GPS tracking and assume it's doing exactly that, without questioning it because 'it's apple, not evil google or microsoft'......

Back