The Post Pics Of Your Rig Thread! - ABSOLUTELY NO COMMENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
30bi4vd.jpg
Just got the 600T in earlier this morning...As you can see very nice looking and a little smaller than my 1200 :)..Other parts haven't been ordered yet but will have soon.

Argh! trying to put photos on but when I put a link to a flickr picture it doesn't show up and I can't delete the post. Having a nightmare :confused:

Not a work of art like many here. Just a safe place to move my render/folding/computing farm instead of sitting on the motherboard boxes on my desktop.

SDC10541_s.JPG

Work in Progress,

The GPUs go under water in 2 weeks waiting on the kamodo Full blocks.

Just installed the new rad Aquacomputer Airplex Modularity System 360 Radiator - Copper Fins, Dual Circuit

ex-rad-306.jpg

photo1.JPG

photo5.JPG

photo4.JPG

IMG_3320.JPG

Last edited:
holy shit batman, i'm seeing awesome rigs everyday love these forums

nice - copper rad huh was it more expensive? worth it?

the copper version is about $70 more.
Worth it if you like the looks of it, I think it is drop dead gorgeous

So from that standpoint alont it was worth it to me.
I also wanted this rad as it is 2 loops in one rad.
I wanted two loops but wanted a clean install. We will see if it all works out that way when the GPU's get added to the rad on there own loop.

the copper version is about $70 more.
Worth it if you like the looks of it, I think it is drop dead gorgeous

So from that standpoint alont it was worth it to me.
I also wanted this rad as it is 2 loops in one rad.
I wanted two loops but wanted a clean install. We will see if it all works out that way when the GPU's get added to the rad on there own loop.

does the copper dissapate heat better

does the copper dissapate heat better

yes copper would dissipate heat better. copper has almost twice the thermal conductivity of aluminium. silver is slightly better than copper tho cost is the obvious limitation for its use in components in large quantities. there are silver water blocks on the market tho rare and extremely expensive for only a relatively small increase in conductive performance.

correct me if i'm wrong, but almost all radiators have copper cores/fins. in early days there were radiators made entirely of aluminium. nobody uses those anymore b/c of corrosion when mixing metals in loop (copper/aluminium/nickel). in regard to the fins on rads, imagine many use aluminium to reduce cost/weight. I wonder what the performance hit is for a full copper radiator that's undergone oxidisation (turned green).

i dont mean this to turn into a watercooling thread but when you buy w/c gear it's all copper stuff just been painted right or layerd with a black of some coating as all i see are black radiators and stuff

i dont mean this to turn into a watercooling thread but when you buy w/c gear it's all copper stuff just been painted right or layerd with a black of some coating as all i see are black radiators and stuff

not sure if this is a question?

typing on a phone has issues...

I mean to ask if all w/c gear nowdays is copper that has just been painted over to be black?

typing on a phone has issues...

I mean to ask if all w/c gear nowdays is copper that has just been painted over to be black?

the cores (flat tubing) most certainly is copper. the fins between the tubes, not sure. suggest you pop over to the 'water cooling' sub forum and ask there.

correct me if i'm wrong, but almost all radiators have copper cores/fins. in early days there were radiators made entirely of aluminium. nobody uses those anymore b/c of corrosion when mixing metals in loop (copper/aluminium/nickel). in regard to the fins on rads, imagine many use aluminium to reduce cost/weight. I wonder what the performance hit is for a full copper radiator that's undergone oxidisation (turned green).

In the automotive industry, the change has been FROM copper core/finned radiators TO aluminum radiators - mostly because the copper radiators disadvantage is in the mating of fins to the core (and the price of copper - never forget cost). Moving the heat from the core to the fins is the most important part of a radiator (most earlier copper core radiators were soldered together), and any well built radiator will get the job done.

Another vote for Al is that aluminum forms a protective oxide layer, whereas copper does not, and is usually painted to avoid corrosion (it doesn't take much, and does anyone know off hand what paint does to the heat transfer ability of copper?). Granted, in a home the environment is much more forgiving of bare metals than it is outdoors.

It would seem that overall quality is the deciding factor in radiator effectiveness over time, and as someone who races a car with a 25 year old aluminum radiator (who's cooling system contains, iron, aluminum, steel, and copper, at the very least), I have seen no drawbacks to using corrosion inhibitors and an aluminum radiator in an environment with all kinds of evils (road salt [ewww], sand, soap, rocks, smoke, etc).

As for copper radiators being totally copper, it all depends on the manufacturer. Some companiers use brass tubes and copper fins, HWLabs, Swiftech, and XSPC RS and EX series. XSPC's RX series radiator is copper tube and copper fins. Best advice would be to contact the radiator manufacturer of the radiator you want to buy to find out if it is copper/brass or copper.

Gaming Rig.
Specs below:

6779874376_d5a70fb8a6_z.jpg

6925991303_3a2761f339_z.jpg

6925991233_a3d4bbd4f0_z.jpg

6925991157_9162ecc300_z.jpg

Phenom X4 [email protected]
Corsair Vengeance 16 GB @1600MHz
Dual XFX HD 4890 @900MHz
120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD
1TB Samsung F3 HDD
Gigabyte GA- 990FXA-UD3 mobo
Silverstone Raven RV03 case
Various Enermax Apolish fans
Antec Kuhler 620

Just sleeved PCI-e cables, but haven't taken any new pics. Gives it a slightly cleaner look.

Current rig as of 2-27-2012
specs below

mjv0o6.jpg

2w23lt1.jpg

63vbk8.jpg

system specs
i2500k 3.3 @ 5.0 16GIG (4x4) DDR3 Sniper Low Voltage Series 1.25V, Gigabyte A-Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard, ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3 Deluxe soundcard, 2 x GTX 480 SLI, 2 x X25-V intel SSD in raid 0 (main OS), 4 x 1.5TB drives, KINGWIN Mach 1 ABT-1000MA1S 1000W PSU.

custom watercooling loop
XSPC Raystorm CPU Block, 2 x Swiftech MCP355 pumps on a XSPC Dual Acrylic Top, 3 x 120mm radiators( XSPC RX120,EK-CoolStream RAD-XT,Swiftech), Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 400 Reservoir

Last edited:
DSC_0177.jpg

DSC_0189.jpg

DSC_0179.jpg

DSC_0181.jpg

DSC_0184.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg
  • CASE - Silverstone FT02
  • MOTHERBOARD - Intel DB67BG
  • CPU - I-5 2500k (overclocked at 4.5GHz)
  • MEM - Kingston 120gb SSD boot & 1tb External HHD
  • GPU - HIS HD6970 2gb
  • PSU - Kingwin 1000w LAZER
  • RAM - Corsair VENGEANCE LP 8GB(4GBx2)(overclocked at 1600MHz)
  • DVD - Lite-On 20x DVDRW
  • OTHER - Corsair CAFA70 Dual 120mm CPU Cooler
  • 2x Xigmatek 120mm Purple LED Fan
  • 3x Silverstone 180mm Blue LED Fan
  • Thermaltake 120mm Blue LED Fan

It does the job, I am usually the mac hater..... but the mac book air is nice and portable and the keyboard and trackpad are of great quality. I enjoy using this system. Miss my ubuntu rig tho.

IMG_20120228_131833.jpg

the monitor stand where'd you get it?

i have a bookarc too it's awesome

the monitor stand where'd you get it?

i have a bookarc too it's awesome

book arc is well worth the money its a solid piece. Monitor stand is part of a ikea desk. the half round. Drilled and added legs myself, as well as LED under shelf lights. Ikea <3

Just got a new camera, so I thought I'd post a better picture.

6947022585_1242881528_b.jpg

Phenom X4 [email protected]
Corsair Vengeance 16 GB @1600MHz
Dual XFX HD 4890 @900MHz
120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD
1TB Samsung F3 HDD
Gigabyte GA- 990FXA-UD3 mobo
Silverstone Raven RV03 case
Various Enermax Apolish fans
Antec Kuhler 620

Last edited:
Status