The Post Pics Of Your Rig Thread! - ABSOLUTELY NO COMMENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally Happy with the way it turned out with all the little finishing touches...

SDC12005.jpg

SDC12015.jpg

SDC12020.jpg

Before:
rig01.jpg

After some tidying up:
rig02.jpg

Way back (xfire 1950 pro's, ageia PPU):
rig1.jpg

rig00.jpg

And the support infrastructure:
racksmall1.jpg

Hi there!
I'm a newbie in [H]ard Forum, I saw many cases here and they're very sexy :cool:
My HP Workstation case does not have any cable management at all, but here it is....

a0784afb822fb17a474276af45b71a30_38238332.dsc038931.jpg

and with my own fan duct

73c7e7ce6070b5a87baf662fb7633fba_38241808.dsc039001.jpg

:D

At least nobody can complain about your Cowboys comforter. LOL

haha i remember that.

Hi there!
I'm a newbie in [H]ard Forum, I saw many cases here and they're very sexy :cool:
My HP Workstation case does not have any cable management at all, but here it is....

73c7e7ce6070b5a87baf662fb7633fba_38241808.dsc039001.jpg

:D

hey man that looks great! if you turned those hard drives around it would look a lot better (if you can) but as it is its a fantastic job for having so little to work with.

Hey, that's pretty neat. Not bad at all.
thanks man :)
hey man that looks great! if you turned those hard drives around it would look a lot better (if you can) but as it is its a fantastic job for having so little to work with.

thanks for your comment :) I have thought about turning HDD around to hide sata and power cables, but it can not. May be I will made a cover to hide HDD cables :D

what kind of cpu cooler is that?

It is a custom sigle-stage phase change cooler that was made for me by SDumper. Here is a pic of what the cooler looks like. Not pretty, I didn't want to pay extra for it to be cased and besides, you can't see it anyway. (sorry for the blurry pics) It holds a temp of -55C at the evap head when the CPU is OC'd to 4.6Ghz at idle and -50C when loaded. Not sure what the CPU temps are as none of the software-based CPU temp readers are able to read negative temps. :D

2dihz5w.jpg

Here is a pic of where it lives... I have since painted the "stand" flat black.

11scoq1.jpg

IMAG0094.jpg

Another iteration. I still have to clean up the wiring. I had everything hidden but I installed a new PSU... then I got tired.

thats the antec solo II is it stock, did you take the hdd cage out?

thats the antec solo II is it stock, did you take the hdd cage out?

yes, antec Solo II. The only modification is removal of front Hdd cage. I drilled out 3-4 rivets only. totally reversible. I only have 2 SDD's in top 2 5.25" bays.

haha thats what I want to do too

im planning on using it as a htpc case with a ssd and a hdd for games and what not

why did you put your cpu fan that way? i have mine blowing down on my axp-140 to help cool the rest of the motherboard components better. did you test it in both orientations?

I have tried both ways, and only saw a marginal difference with it aimed towards the motherboard. Having it aimed away from the mobo also keeps excess dust from being blown into the tiny crevices of the board, which makes for easier cleaning. Ill be replacing that old thermaltake with a Corsair HXX cooler at somepoint.

I have tried both ways, and only saw a marginal difference with it aimed towards the motherboard. Having it aimed away from the mobo also keeps excess dust from being blown into the tiny crevices of the board, which makes for easier cleaning. Ill be replacing that old thermaltake with a Corsair HXX cooler at somepoint.

Pushing air onto a hot surface is almost always better than pulling air across it. Especially with the added benefit of the air cooling the chipset and power circuits.

haha thats a lot of kickass hardware in that dinky antec case, i built a comp for my dad with that case

Lol yeah everything was a tight fit :D

The case is a bit shatty, but honestly I love this setup, is super efficient for cooling :cool:

Tho it can get a bit loud if I ramp those fans up

why did you put your cpu fan that way? i have mine blowing down on my axp-140 to help cool the rest of the motherboard components better. did you test it in both orientations?

Pushing air onto a hot surface is almost always better than pulling air across it. Especially with the added benefit of the air cooling the chipset and power circuits.

You guys don't realize that PSU fans are intakes? lol I thought everyone knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back