The Pope Goes HD

HardOCP News

[H] News
The Vatican now has a high-definition mobile unit that broadcasts the pope’s messages to the masses in HD. Wow, how things have changed. :eek:

The Vatican on Tuesday unveiled a new euro4.5 million ($6 million) high-definition mobile unit to let the Vatican broadcast the pope's Masses, audiences and trips in high definition.

I had this big joke about the pope going HD (High-Def not Holy Diver) but I figured it’d be best not to joke about the pope. :eek:

Sweet, now we can watch all the propaganda is high def!! woot!!

*this joke was not meant to offend Catholics or any one of religious faith*

Sweet, now we can watch all the propaganda is high def!! woot!!

*this joke was not meant to offend Catholics or any one of religious faith*

Really? Why not? What's life without a little 'poking' fun.. Errr.. They would know more about it than me. The poking, not the fun. lol

Surely they had better things to spend $6 million on? Like the poor and needy, for example?

Oh my God. If Jesus knew about this - He'd be rolling in his grave!

This is EXACTLY what he stood up against - people taking money from the commoners and living in unbelievably luxury.

If Jesus were alive today, he'd probably be living in a small hut outside the Vatican which he built by himself to house only what he needed.

The Vatican is an abomination to what Jesus preached in the most.. extreme way imaginable.

Oh my God. If Jesus knew about this - He'd be rolling in his grave!

This is EXACTLY what he stood up against - people taking money from the commoners and living in unbelievably luxury.

If Jesus were alive today, he'd probably be living in a small hut outside the Vatican which he built by himself to house only what he needed.

The Vatican is an abomination to what Jesus preached in the most.. extreme way imaginable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prosperity_theology

God WANTS us to be rich! ;)

I know some of you are trolling, but the CC is one of the largest charitable organizations in the world with shelters, kitchens, free hospitals, schools, and mental health facilities. While I am not catholic and don't pretend to know their financial reports, it's silly to say they are an abomination for spending 6 million on television equipment when billions are spent on helping people.

No, you fool! Don't you understand?

No one knows what God wants - we can only know what Jesus wanted.

So anyone who says "God wants something" is an idiot.

And in this case, an abomination before Jesus Christ himself.

Jesus Christ taught against this.. his followers, being idiots he tried to save but couldn't, made into the fallacious crap Christianity is today.

I know some of you are trolling, but the CC is one of the largest charitable organizations in the world with shelters, kitchens, free hospitals, schools, and mental health facilities. While I am not catholic and don't pretend to know their financial reports, it's silly to say they are an abomination for spending 6 million on television equipment when billions are spent on helping people.

You're setting a bad example by believing things you don't know to be true.

The Vatican 'Church', if you can call it that, is the largest criminal organization in the world.

They pay no taxes because they're their own Fucking state, which they gained because they made everyone believe that they have something, anything to do with God - which they do not!

They spend as little money as possible to APPEAR as though they are just, and the rest.. well, they make billions every year and they have a gigantic castle. You do the math.

Actually, the Catholic Church is the single largest charity in the world - both in terms of dollars donated and in personnel. People making fun of the Church for spending money just show how little they know.

The Vatican 'Church', if you can call it that, is the largest criminal organization in the world.

They pay no taxes because they're their own Fucking state, which they gained because they made everyone believe that they have something, anything to do with God - which they do not!

They spend as little money as possible to APPEAR as though they are just, and the rest.. well, they make billions every year and they have a gigantic castle. You do the math.

Lemme guess, Baptist or Atheist?

Yeah, no.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2005/14/CH0030.html

Nice try though!

Actually, the Catholic Church is the single largest charity in the world - both in terms of dollars donated and in personnel. People making fun of the Church for spending money just show how little they know.

That is the most ignorant statement I've ever heard.

Go read up on.. No, you know what? Just go to Google Image Search and type in "Vatican", then you tell me where those BILLIONS of dollars are going.

And again, from wikipedia:

Nearly 90 cents of every dollar donated to Catholic Charities agencies goes directly to programs and services.[7] In 2008, Catholic Charities agencies served over 8 million individuals.
Together, with the local, diocesan-associated Catholic Charities, it is the second largest social service provider in the United States, surpassed only by the federal government.

You really look retarded now, Taer.

That is the most ignorant statement I've ever heard.

Go read up on.. No, you know what? Just go to Google Image Search and type in "Vatican", then you tell me where those BILLIONS of dollars are going.

I just showed you exactly where those billions go. Refer to my previous two posts.

:D You just failed epically :D

Oh come ON. It's the fricking Pope! You think he can't just fucking write whatever he wants and have everyone believe him? Did The Godfather III teach you nothing?

But even if you were to believe this, they still spennd 300,000,000$ on themselves. Seriously.

Oh, I didn't realize you were just trolling. For a minute I thought you were actually retarded enough to believe what you're writing. :p

Oh, I didn't realize you were just trolling. For a minute I thought you were actually retarded enough to believe what you're writing. :p

Oh, I didn't realize you were too busy gloating to read what I wrote. For a second I thought you were taken aback by the aura of the lord.

You forgot to add that spending money on percieved charity doesn't cancel out hiding pedophiles in your organization, spreading lies about condoms causing AIDS to Africans, or my personal favorite from last year; excommunicating an 11 year old girl in South America because her doctor performed an abortion on her since carrying the twin fetus's to term would have killed her nevermind the fact that she was raped by her own father to begin with. I bring up stuff like this all the time to my Catholic wife since I can't see why anyone can justify belonging to such an abhorant organization.

You forgot to add that spending money on percieved charity doesn't cancel out hiding pedophiles in your organization, spreading lies about condoms causing AIDS to Africans, or my personal favorite from last year; excommunicating an 11 year old girl in South America because her doctor performed an abortion on her since carrying the twin fetus's to term would have killed her nevermind the fact that she was raped by her own father to begin with. I bring up stuff like this all the time to my Catholic wife since I can't see why anyone can justify belonging to such an abhorant organization.

Well, like I've been saying, Christians have completely screwed up Christianity.

It's about as moral as a Nazi foot soldier.

See what a bronze age mythology makes people do on internet forums?

@Taer,

128757430485470679.jpg

Trolling is a great excuse for when you're proven idiotic. Not that I know nothing of that of course.

See what a bronze age mythology makes people do on internet forums?

I'm not a religious person but there is nothing wrong with a belief in god or religion for that matter. What it all comes down to though is that nobody really knows if there is a god or not.

I'm not a religious person but there is nothing wrong with a belief in god or religion for that matter. What it all comes down to though is that nobody really knows if there is a god or not.

Which is precisely why we shouldn't believe in God.

You're saying "We don't know if it's true - but let's believe it anyway".

That's insane. Only believe things that you can prove.

Oh, and I think the people who died in 9/11 would beg to differ that there is a lot wrong with religion - particularly because they're dead and now know there is no afterlife.

From the article
The pope is going HD -- and gearing up to go 3D.
Soon we can watch the pope in 3D :eek:

Seriously, is that a little pointless:confused::p

And again, from wikipedia:
Nearly 90 cents of every dollar donated to Catholic Charities agencies goes directly to programs and services.[7] In 2008, Catholic Charities agencies served over 8 million individuals.
Together, with the local, diocesan-associated Catholic Charities, it is the second largest social service provider in the United States, surpassed only by the federal government.

:eek: That's 8 million individuals that have had their childhood ruined!

Which is precisely why we shouldn't believe in God.

You're saying "We don't know if it's true - but let's believe it anyway".

That's insane. Only believe things that you can prove.

Oh, and I think the people who died in 9/11 would beg to differ that there is a lot wrong with religion - particularly because they're dead and now know there is no afterlife.

Your logic sends yourself in a circle if you want to be overly critical. You're saying we absolutely shouldn't believe in God simply because it's existence cannot be proven, and that we should only believe things we can prove. There is no way to prove that God does not exist either, however, so no one should believe you saying that it doesn't.

Course I'm just being picky, but I get the feeling that faith is a life lesson you wouldn't understand.

As for the 9/11 comment. Odds are quite a few of those people were uncompromisingly religious. I feel that speaking your opinion on behalf of those who are no longer able to speak their own is a rather shitty and arrogant tactic.

As said, there is no way to prove a god does or does not exist. But, Science has gotten us much closer to finding out and has been leading in new developments of our understanding of how the universe came about. Religion relies on faith, something that doesn't use logic but instead but instead blind superstition, now i can't prove that a god does or doesn't exist and people can believe what they want so i could care less. I personally stay in the middle ground, im not an Atheist but im not a believer because both sides aren't a full correct way in thinking, no one is sure a god doesn't exist and vice versa. There are so many things that contradict the Bible and ''Gods word'' that is just ridiculous.

I'm 100% not with Religion though, i think the majority of people use religion as a front to say they're moral yet they go against those teachings all the time, it's very rare to find someone who actually believes in a religion and actually follows through on the teachings. Death and war followunder the religious tail also. ''Do you believe in god?, no? *dead*'', ''Do you believe in God? Yes?, but do you believe in my god?, no? *dead*''. Religion is a huge wart on the ass of society, spawning ignorant and crazy people willing to say and do anything to defend the invisible man in the say.

Just my opinion though.:)

Back