The PlayStation is 20 Years Old This Week

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
It’s time again to feel old with the 20th anniversary of PlayStation this week. It’s really hard to believe that 20 years has already passed since the first PlayStation was sold. Much has changed since its release, but to the serious player, not nearly enough has really changed.

The special edition PS4 to go along with the anniversary looks pretty nice (I like the textured cross, circle, square, triangle finish), in my opinion.

More like 20th Anniversary Scalping Edition.

Mutual dislike is the best way, that way in the future there are no mixed feelings.

:p

I remember when PlayStation just came out and the mall had it on display, I played Twisted Metal for the first time, and coming from games like Mario, I was blown away. Good times with PlayStation.

wow 20 yrs ago. I was going to college living in an apt with furniture that me and my roomy dug out from the back of a furniture store and a cardboard box covered with a sheet to use as an end table. We just rented the then new PS and 2 games. With a bag of weed at our side and two passed out chicks on the couch, we played Demolition Derby and was so much fun.

:p

I remember when PlayStation just came out and the mall had it on display, I played Twisted Metal for the first time, and coming from games like Mario, I was blown away. Good times with PlayStation.

I was pretty fond of twisted metal. Actually the console had quite a few games I liked. I just hated how easy it was to ruin a game disk and how long some of the games took to load, I mean my n64 took no time to load, c'mon! My ADD was going berserk!

Wow, 20 years. I've been gaming for only a few years longer than that. It was during the time of PS1 that my dad got me the game Serious Sam which started me on PC gaming, and since then I've been gaming on both Playstation and PC, enjoying the best of both worlds. And I'm glad I still enjoy gaming as much today. Most of my friends have stopped gaming (unless you count Facebook and cell phone games :p).

I still replay Symphony of the Night on occasion. Playstation didn't grab me much outside of that one game. I was too entrenched in PC gaming by that point, consoles just felt like a step back. Especially when it came to aiming in FPSes.

Wow, time really flies. I really loved playing the Playstation games that came in those demo disks (Bloody Roar, Syphon Filter, etc. etc.) and then of course the other titles like Resident Evil, Twisted Metal, Tenchu, the Spiderman games, etc. Fun times.

Back