The Pinball Arcade

deadrody

Gawd
Just wanted to draw some attention to this game. I have it on the PS3 and it is really incredible if you like REAL pinball. Some awesome classic tables, including Tales of the Arabian Knights included in the free to play base game. My favorite table overall.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/238260/

This was greenlit a while ago but just came out today.

Hope you enjoy it.

As soon as one of these pinball games has the original addams family table, I'll buy it and a vertical monitor to play it on :)

Sweet! Thanks for the heads-up.

I remember wasting many a quarter on Star Wars, Super Mario Bros and Jurassic Park pinball.

[L]imey;1040346355 said:
As soon as one of these pinball games has the original addams family table, I'll buy it and a vertical monitor to play it on :)

Addams Family rocks.

We had one in our house when I was growing up... That thing was awesome. I had high score in the family for a while until my dad went on a lucky tear and eclipsed me.

Sadly they sold it off after one of our moves. I would have made room in my current house for that thing :)

They usually go through kickstarter for the bigger licensing projects. The most recent was Terminator 2, but earlier they did one to get the license for the Star Trek Next Generation table.

On their site they point you to http://www.pinballarcadefans.com/ for feedback on future tables.

If you look at the international pinball database they already have 7 or 8 of the top 10 electronic tables.

Great stuff

[L]imey;1040346528 said:
We had one in our house when I was growing up... That thing was awesome. I had high score in the family for a while until my dad went on a lucky tear and eclipsed me.

Sadly they sold it off after one of our moves. I would have made room in my current house for that thing :)

A pizza place a few miles from where I live still has a working original machine.

[L]imey;1040346355 said:

I remember that one, but my favorite one to play in the arcade was the Terminator 2 table.

Yes, this game is amazing. Personally I prefer it on iPad/Android tablet (I have a shit ton of tables spread between PSN/iOS/Android), but the PC version does look fantastic. I hope they add touch screen support for the PC version...

[L]imey;1040346355 said:

I think that's going to be their next Kickstarter table.

I tried this but could have swore the game was fucking with me because the ball was falling down directly between the flippers far too many times for it to have been chance.

Are the tables in this game actually reproductions of physical tables that were made in the past?

I tried this but could have swore the game was fucking with me because the ball was falling down directly between the flippers far too many times for it to have been chance.

Are the tables in this game actually reproductions of physical tables that were made in the past?

Yes, actual reproductions. It can be cruel sometimes, but I find it to have the best pinball physics out of all the pinball games which I played.

The flippers are just a bit too far apart, this game frustrates me to no end. I prefer the ZEN Pinball flipper spacing. I own them both on PS3 though.

The flippers are just a bit too far apart, this game frustrates me to no end. I prefer the ZEN Pinball flipper spacing. I own them both on PS3 though.

The flipper spacing is dependent on the table being played. If you find it too difficult, play another table. Personally I actually prefer the tables with the larger spacing (Black Hole and Gorgar are some of my favorites).

The flipper spacing tends to be such that if the ball is going directly between them, you can usually hit both flippers at the same time to grab the ball. Also, there is a nudge feature.. just don't overuse it.

Yes, actual reproductions. It can be cruel sometimes, but I find it to have the best pinball physics out of all the pinball games which I played.

By far the best physics and most accurate depiction of actual pinball machines.

If you want to compare, you can find lots of youtube videos of people playing the actual tables. You'll notice those people do a lot of nudging of the real tables to prevent the ball draining directly between the flippers.

By far the best physics and most accurate depiction of actual pinball machines.

If you want to compare, you can find lots of youtube videos of people playing the actual tables. You'll notice those people do a lot of nudging of the real tables to prevent the ball draining directly between the flippers.

Lets jus get real for a minute, you shouldn't have to bump a machine physically in order to play it. We're not talking about a $1.00 bag of Cheetos that got stuck in a vending machine. While I'm aware that bumping exists, its stupid to think that the flipper spacing was designed so that bumping is almost necessary. If a pinball machine was designed with that thought in mind, then its not worth playing to me.

I played the heck out of Meteor and 8 Ball Deluxe. Stop talking and start chalking

Lets jus get real for a minute, you shouldn't have to bump a machine physically in order to play it. We're not talking about a $1.00 bag of Cheetos that got stuck in a vending machine. While I'm aware that bumping exists, its stupid to think that the flipper spacing was designed so that bumping is almost necessary. If a pinball machine was designed with that thought in mind, then its not worth playing to me.

LOL!!! If they weren't designed with that in mind - and I don't mean bumper spacing in particular - they wouldn't have a TILT feature.

Pinball has always been about copious bumping.

Addams Family rocks.

[L]imey;1040346355 said:

Hell yeah! If they add Addams Family, that would be great. I miss the old pinball game that came with Microsoft, very happy to see this on Steam.

I wish there was some way to buy tables at a discount for other versions. I have the majority of tables for iOS and some on Sony, I don't really want to spend money again for the PC version. I'll probably give in and buy a few favorites for the PC, sigh.

I seem to come from an older era of pinball games. My favorites were F-14 Tomcat ("no No NO NOOOOO!!!"), and Cyclone ("Hey you, with the face!")

Yeah, that's about my era, mid 80s to early 90s. Basically, when tables got to the point that you get over a million on one ball easily, that's when they went down hill to me.

Back