The perfect Halloween game?

SW8b.jpg

TW8b.jpg

VW8b.jpg

YW8b.jpg

lol, my gf and I are going to play Outlast tonight. Should be fun.

F.E.A.R. could make for some good Halloween gaming

also, Undying has its moments

Outlast!

I haven't played it yet (outside of the demo) but I'd like to think Evil Within would also be a nice Halloween game

Outlast!

I haven't played it yet (outside of the demo) but I'd like to think Evil Within would also be a nice Halloween game

It's crazy, demented and scares the crap out of you.
I love that game.

I was playing The Evil Within on Halloween. Was a little disappointed. On the PS4 there is noticeable lag and the controls got on my nerves more than a handful of times but i'm still trying to get through it.

You know I saw this thread last night and spent some time pondering, and there really aren't many games I can think of that really make me think of Halloween. About all I can think of is the aforementioned 'The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned' DLC for the original Borderlands, and the level in Banjo-Kazooie called 'Mad Monster Mansion'. I can't think of any others....

There are obviously a thousand different Zombie and Horror / Gore games out there but those don't really make me immediately go to Halloween, you know?

I really think this is actually a great thread topic and am interested to see other responses.... even if they are just DLC or certain levels within a game....

Condemned. The graphics don't really hold up all that well (no worse than RE4, though) but man is that audio and atmosphere still top notch.

Condemned. The graphics don't really hold up all that well (no worse than RE4, though) but man is that audio and atmosphere still top notch.

Condemned and Condemned 2 are both some of my favorite games of all time. I will never forget in 2 when you are in the cabin in the woods. The absolute dread and suspense walking around in the beginning and hearing that bear... *chills

qft.

Are there any ENBs or visual mods for this game? The graphics are pretty atrocious but damn if this game isn't one of the best S/H games released. I would love to strap on a HD texture pack and some post-processing.

qft.

Are there any ENBs or visual mods for this game? The graphics are pretty atrocious but damn if this game isn't one of the best S/H games released. I would love to strap on a HD texture pack and some post-processing.

Agreed. Give me proper gamepad support and some better (non-EAX) surround-sound, too. That's the one area where the 360 version was better. It had dolby digital and the game plays really well with a pad.
I'd love to see someone take those two games (#2 never came to PC) and remaster them. Pretty unlikely, though. I think most people have long forgotten about the first one and might not even know there was a sequel.

Costume Quest is actually a game about trick or treating during halloween. It's an RPG where you go to battle against monsters and become whatever your costume is during fights which are fought as turn-based. It is VERY much like the South Park: The Stick of Truth gameplay wise.

The original Silent Hill and Resident Evil 2 are at the top of my list.

RE 2 on the N64 was definitely the version to get. No load times FTW.

Did you read his newest book?

Back on topic, the Halloweentown levels in kingdom hearts hits the nail on the head.

"The Scarlet Gospels" ?

"which acts as a sequel to/reboot of his previous novella The Hellbound Heart"....

No, but apparently I need to. I've read and re-read Hellbound almost as many times as Screwtape Letters and Divine Comedy.

Thanks for the heads up! (I've been a bit behind on Barker since he turned ill several years ago)

Apparently Nightbreed just got an uncut re-release. I'll check that out as well :cool:

I almost picked up Evil Within for the Halloween weekend. Played the demo, and thought it was pure awesome for the first few minutes, but found myself getting bored before it was done. So I quit and went back to AC: Black Flag. :rolleyes:

Think I'm so jaded by tons of horror films and games, it's just nearly impossible for me to get any rush from horror games any more. I'm almost to the point where I'm just not going to bother. Stick to more action-oriented games that I find fun, and leave the run-&-hide simulators to those who understand the concept of running & hiding.

Really wish there were more horror action games that are actually scary. Clive Barker's Undying is one of the only ones in my memory that struck a perfect balance between action, suspense, and pure horror. For some reason the modern wave of horror games full of enemies you can't fight just completely rubs me the wrong way.

Undying was a really good game. I remember enjoying it a lot back in the day.
There were some community projects that improved the textures, gave better D3D support, and added widescreen modes. I never tried any of 'em (my disk is probably long gone), but I think they worked.

Back