The P5 is History... Joined the MO-RA club instead!

Hey all! Been a while since I undertook a project like this but oh man was it fun.

I recently moved to another state and discovered that the Core P5 case was so huge, heavy, and unwieldy that I had to custom crate the damn thing to move it safely.

While I loved how that case looked and how practical it was for watercooling, I felt it was time for a change.

Without further adieu:

IMG_20200607_082251608.jpg

I fell in love with the black and white scheme while I was still using Pastel coolant, and decided to expand it from just my mobo and coolant to everything else in the system.

The MO-RA3 is a little special - I 3D printed my own feet for it so that I could run the tubing and wiring underneath the rad to the back. This allowed me to keep the res up front where it's easy to fill, burp, and monitor, while the QDCs and electrical connections stayed in the rear.

IMG_20200526_223234478.jpgIMG_20200526_223500898.jpgIMG_20200526_223426018.jpg

For getting the electrical from case to rad, I 3D printed a PCI slot cover with a hole for an 8-pin EPS connector, and made my own cable. Four pins for my fans, four pins for my pump.

IMG_20200606_122153605.jpg

As for power, everything is coming from my trusty Aquaero 6LT.

IMG_20200605_211035320.jpg

The interior layout is nothing special. A basic parallel loop with temperature sensors on the inlet and outlet of the PCI bulkhead fitting, and a flow meter. There are also temperature sensors behind the two intake fans which I average to get a read on ambient:

IMG_20200606_221234619.jpg

A lot of work went into the passthrough setup but I'm very happy with it, because it lets me maintain a nice neat umbilical connection!

IMG_20200607_190803504.jpg

Here's the whole setup in my new office!

IMG_20200607_201731039.jpg

For anyone with a P5 and a desire for more rad, my custom 480mm rad bracket is up for sale. I've got the rad to go with it if you're interested!

IMG_20200530_182454941.jpg

Happy modding everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_20200607_201731039.jpg
    IMG_20200607_201731039.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 0
I have never liked the "rad outside the case" thing until right now. Somehow you made it look elegant. The total setup makes it look like the rad is an accessory to the case. I take a moment of silence for your old build, but great job on this one.

I have never liked the "rad outside the case" thing until right now. Somehow you made it look elegant. The total setup makes it look like the rad is an accessory to the case. I take a moment of silence for your old build, but great job on this one.
Thanks! I didn't really know how to word what I was aiming for until you replied, but you nailed it: I wanted the rad to look like it was an accessory to the case.

I used to run dual 1080mm externals... those were the days when quad gpus actually worked.

Nice setup! How much did all of that set you back for the WC only?

Did you order it from Europe? Its the only place I can find it in stock :(

Nice setup! How much did all of that set you back for the WC only?
Oh man, I've intentionally never totaled that up. ~$200 for the rad, ~$100 for the res, $25 fans x9, already owned the pump, blocks, fittings... it was a chunk of change.

Did you order it from Europe? Its the only place I can find it in stock :(
I got one of the last ones Performance-PCs had in stock a couple months ago. Wound up needing to order the grill from europe though (which is why it's not on there yet.)

PPCS is supposed to be getting another shipment of Watercool stuff within a couple weeks!

Hey, I remember seeing that build a while ago. Looking good! My fan grill arrives today, so I'll be doing custom cabling tonight. I'll update this thread when done with that.

Awesome, can't wait to see it! These MORAs are incredible when it comes to heat dissipation. You definitely made the right choice.

I am considering a mo-ra for my next built and I stumbled in this thread trying to find ideas on how I can get the power and fan wires inside the case. I loved your EPS idea and wanted to ask if you 're willing to share the design files along with the part numbers you've used. If the only thing needed is a rectangular cutout I might attempt to use a metal one and a router for added support. I am very familiar with crimping but I've never attempted an EPS connector. If I am not mistaken the cimp pins for the EPS are designed for a cable thickness similar to molex so there might be reliability issues with the smaller fan cables. But of course I might be mistaken, I 'd love to hear more about your experience.

Congrats on the build, it's amazing. Mine is also Β/W, as the next one will be as well.

It looks better like it is, but I would have supported the tubing separately from the feet. Lot of torque on those feet, and if one breaks, so do your tubes.

Still, nice setup, looks great!

Back