The Outer Worlds' Newest Patch Fulfills Lots Of Fan Requests

erek

[H]F Junkie
Come on for the DLC! Please

"Obsidian Entertainment has stated that due to the game’s success, there could eventually be a sequel to The Outer Worlds. However, the sequel may not be fully open-world, similar to this current title. While there are large zones to explore, these zones aren’t interconnected. Instead, there are loading screens between them that may ruin the game's immersion for some. With that said, The Outer Worlds has sold over two million units, making it one of the best-selling titles of 2019. These impressive sales signify the craving for traditional RPGs in a market that has been somewhat devoid of them."

https://screenrant.com/outer-worlds-patch-update-details-ui-text-changes/

5 months to deliver the best version of the game...it's no wonder so many people wait for Steam sales instead of buying on Day 1

I personally never found the text to be an issue, even at 3.2k upscaled to 4k or whatever that slightly off resolution is. But a friend playing on PC from across the room on a TV definitely had a problem, so I guess I've seen both sides. Anyway.
Ready for any and all DLC. Hopefully it will be significant pieces of content.

5 months to deliver the best version of the game...it's no wonder so many people wait for Steam sales instead of buying on Day 1

Game of the Year Edition: 15 Kolourful Kanukistanian Spokeydokes or less.

I buy almost no game before it reaches that point.

Quality of life changes are great and it sounds like many of them were needed. However, I'd be a lot more excited if the game would actually released on Steam; all forms of by contract exclusivity - especially on PC - are harmful to the market. As others have said things about DLC, GOTY etc... we're yet to see what sort of pricing will be granted when the game eventually arrives on Steam / other stores. I'm very skeptical that it may not be AS discounted by launch on Steam as it would have been if there was no exclusivity and simply was granted bigger and bigger sales/discounts per usual - another evidence of harm done to the player by these kinds of decisions.

Ultimately The Outer Worlds seems to be a decent title and I'd certainly consider picking it up as I was a fan of Obsidian's prior titles like Fallout New Vegas. However, the exclusivity, delays, questions of value etc.. really seem to add lots of additional cruft to a decision to buy. Until they can hash that kind of stuff out, adding a patch here or there or announcing DLC is not really that helpful at least for me , as it doesn't necessarily apply to the time table, content, of price that the game will be when it arrives via another store/launcher.

It is slated to come to Steam after a year. The Epic exclusive isn't a forever exclusive. That said if you want it now but not on Epic you can also have it on the Microsoft Store, since MS now owns Obsidian.

What? "Best version of the game"? It's relatively minor QOL changes. It's not as if the game was a buggy, broken, mess on release.

it's still the best version...the text issue seems more then minor...all the patches combined over the 5 month period makes this version the best experience

What? "Best version of the game"? It's relatively minor QOL changes. It's not as if the game was a buggy, broken, mess on release.
Yeah it's an absurd premise, the idea that a game that got improved post launch is the version they should've had from day one, as if to imply the devs are lazy or inept.

it's still the best version...the text issue seems more then minor...all the patches combined over the 5 month period makes this version the best experience
The game was fine on release. Patching minor things in later doesn't change that. Even before the internet era patches were a thing. The original Doom had multiple updates to it, going over a year from initial release. So fuck Romero and Carmack for not releasing the best version of the game? You're just being deliberately obtuse.

Updated it, I still can't get 21:9 to work on Fullscreen, only windowed fullscreen and even then I still get black sidebars. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall I think, see if that fixes it.

The game was fine on release. Patching minor things in later doesn't change that. Even before the internet era patches were a thing. The original Doom had multiple updates to it, going over a year from initial release. So fuck Romero and Carmack for not releasing the best version of the game? You're just being deliberately obtuse.

I'm not saying the game was unplayable on release...my point is that for pretty much every game you are better off waiting...bug fixes, new features and cheaper price...some games like Fallout 4, Kingdom Come Deliverance, Monster Hunter World etc they even add HD texture packs months down the road...

A few more optimization passes would nice. It runs fine overall, but some places can bog down any post-60 FPS system.

Back