The Outer Worlds (New Obsidian RPG)

They leaned into the game's strongest point which was plot, dialogue, and characters. Combat was fun, but by the end of the main game it had largely wore out.

I take that back. I had a CTD not long after. Reloading the game seemed to make it pop up. Found it in an area I had been to twice prior. Since them, no crashes or bugs.

It is much better than the last DLC. Enemies are normal difficultly and not obscene bullet sponges although so far it is light on the combat. Story is a bit more interesting and I can keep track of my goals unlike the last one. I find it a lot more engaging because as mentioned by Aireoth, the characters have a decent amount of depth and you need some basic deduction to get the story straight. I'm not done but so far I am liking this expansion now.

Finally finished "Murder on Eridanos" and I enjoyed the surprise twist at the end, however overall it left me feeling unsatisfied. I enjoyed "Peril on Gorgon" much more and wish the final DLC had been more like it.

Hopefully, Obsidian is already hard at work on Outer Worlds 2!

I don't know how I missed this one. A friend recommended it to me after I couldn't think of something to play.

Just got off the first planet and got the ship working and this game is tits/10.

Can't wait to get home and play MOAR

I haven't played in a while but IIRC I remember when I got to the first (-ish) area and didn't know it had friendly fire. Ended up shooting the cop guys and aggroing them. After I saw a vid on YouTube later, I realized I could have just walked up and talked to them ... ooops.

$16.83 on GMG

No brainer price for the experience, despite the nitpicks we've all read about it "not being enough like <insert favorite RPG>". I do wish the crafting and gun mechanics were deeper and less derivative, but then it suffices for the intended play length- it's not trying to be a 1000-Hour RPG with infinite endgame and mods. I enjoyed the hell out of this game at full price. Will go back and play the DLC's soon.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/the-outer-worlds-steam-pc/

Last edited:
The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition– Official Trailer

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition will bring you the base game and both DLCs alongside a suite of graphical and gameplay tweaks...the new edition of the game promises "Higher resolution graphics, a dynamic weather system, overhauled lighting and environments, improved performance and load times, enhanced details on characters, an increased level cap" and "much more"

players who already have The Outer Worlds and its associated DLC, Murder on Eridanos and Peril on Gorgon, for Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 or PC (Steam, GOG.com, Epic Games Store, or Windows Store), can upgrade to The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition for the latest console generation within that same console family or, if applicable, from that same PC store for $9.99 (rather than the full $59.99 price)

available March 7th, 2023...

Last edited:
I never played the DLC and I always meant to replay the main game. Hopefully this will apply to the Gamepass version of the game.

I've always wanted to play this but never got around to it...this sounds like a much improved 'Definitive' version...I love all the graphical enhancements...almost no point playing games on Day 1 anymore as performance patches, graphical upgrades and Definitive versions are released a few months/years later which make the game significantly better

Outer Worlds is one of my all time favs, so I'm stoked to revisit it with this updated version!

I played for a few hours but this was one of the most stuttering games I've ever tried to play in my life. There's just tons of little hitches walking around and for some reason just panning the mouse around is painfully distracting and blurry and feels like it's running at 30 FPS. After upgrading from a 9900k to a 13700k the difference is astounding though and there is almost no hitching. Also when running uncapped the frame rate has massively increased with the CPU upgrade getting about 50 to 60% higher frame rates. Panning around still looks like blurry shit though and this game needs to run at around 100 FPS to feel like 60 normally does for me.

Meh, sounds like they are just slapping on a new coat of paint, and IMO to a mediocre game That wears out it's welcome after 6 or 8 hours

Meh, sounds like they are just slapping on a new coat of paint, and IMO to a mediocre game That wears out it's welcome after 6 or 8 hours

sounds like much more than a new coat of paint...

"Higher resolution graphics, a dynamic weather system, overhauled lighting and environments, improved performance and load times, enhanced details on characters, an increased level cap" and "much more"

I'll be there. I hope this is the first step towards either new content or a sequel.

Game was ugly graphically so some improvements would be nice for those that haven't played it. Personally I am not going to play it, I will play the sequel though.

I've played it 3 times and enjoyed it. The only three complaints would be that the game is too short for what it is, and you can basically buy high-level armor and weapons way before your able to actually utilize them, so no grinding necessary. Loot, sell, loot, sell = early access to weapons and armor you should not be able to buy till your a much higher level.

They make it way too easy with all the consumables and other "Spacer's Choice" shit among other brands being scattered all over the place every where you go. Stealing is way easier than it should be as well, with little consequences.

To be fair, I never had the DLC's, so I don't know how much more content was supplied by them, but to me it felt like as soon as you were max level (30), the game ended right as it was getting good with no free roam. Plus it was way worse than FO3 when it came to feeling OP in the first 10 levels of the game.

The game is way, way too easy, even on the hardest difficulty. I even made an all melee build the last go around. Science weapons FTW.

I will be purchasing this new version of the game, regardless of the criticizing I just dealt it.

When it goes on sale that is....

Everything in the game looked like Play-Doh at times but I liked the environments but had too much in saturated colors nothing like Fallout.

I played for a few hours but this was one of the most stuttering games I've ever tried to play in my life. There's just tons of little hitches walking around and for some reason just panning the mouse around is painfully distracting and blurry and feels like it's running at 30 FPS. After upgrading from a 9900k to a 13700k the difference is astounding though and there is almost no hitching. Also when running uncapped the frame rate has massively increased with the CPU upgrade getting about 50 to 60% higher frame rates. Panning around still looks like blurry shit though and this game needs to run at around 100 FPS to feel like 60 normally does for me.
That's really odd. When it first came out in 2019, I played it on an overclocked i7-3770 and never had any of those issues. Of course, it runs much better on my current rig, but I never had any game play problems even when it was new.

That's really odd. When it first came out in 2019, I played it on an overclocked i7-3770 and never had any of those issues. Of course, it runs much better on my current rig, but I never had any game play problems even when it was new.
I don't know how you magically avoided the little hitches because they were there on all four previous setups that I used. It was basically like a little hiccup every minute or two just walking around that was extremely obvious especially if trying to run vsync. There were plenty of threads about it on the steam forims because even turning on g-sync did not fix the issues and in fact actually made it worse for some. I think the combination of 13700k and an nvme SSD seem to alleviate nearly all of it now though.

I never had any hitches in the game, was butter smooth.
Careful now, we know one tiny, barely-noticeable hitch every so often makes a game unplayable! /s

I bought this but never got around to playing it. Do I need to own the DLC to get the $10 upgrade? It sounds like it :(.

Careful now, we know one tiny, barely-noticeable hitch every so often makes a game unplayable! /s

I bought this but never got around to playing it. Do I need to own the DLC to get the $10 upgrade? It sounds like it :(.
Careful now, something that does not bother you or you are flat out oblivious to may bother others. It was so damn annoying that I quit playing it after a few hours and would only revisit it on other setups or after upgrading components to see if it was better.

I do not think you need the DLC to do the upgrade and it will simply upgrade the base game if that is all you have? And you can get the DLC for cheap from a key site. In fact I just picked up both pieces for 11 bucks total for the Epic store version.

you need the base game plus both DLC to qualify for the $10 upgrade...otherwise it'll cost you $59.99
Ouch! $60 is pretty steep for a four year-old game, even with the enhancements. My only worry is that I hope their remastering of this one didn't lengthen the development of the sequel. I'm ready to play Outer Worlds 2 now!

Great game, played it on Game Pass a few years ago, I think on my current rig but with a 1080 Ti, had no stutter issues.

Ouch! $60 is pretty steep for a four year-old game, even with the enhancements. My only worry is that I hope their remastering of this one didn't lengthen the development of the sequel. I'm ready to play Outer Worlds 2 now!

I was hoping to snag the current version on Steam for cheap and then qualify for the $10 upgrade but the game is still selling for $59.99

So, how is this going to work via Gamepass...or is it? I don't mind dropping some $ for it, but no more than $15'ish.

So, how is this going to work via Gamepass...or is it? I don't mind dropping some $ for it, but no more than $15'ish.

I thought Game Pass didn't have any DLC or Director's Cuts (which is why the old version of Death Stranding is the only one available)

Yeah as I mentioned earlier all you have to do is go to one of the key sites to either get the DLC or get the whole game if you don't own anything.

Whoa, don't buy all that crap... unless you want it. It looks like you just need the expansion pass (they mention the Murder on Eridanos and Peril on Gorgon separately DLCs), which is $18 at CDkeys or $25 on Steam.

Whoa, don't buy all that crap... unless you want it. It looks like you just need the expansion pass (they mention the Murder on Eridanos and Peril on Gorgon separately DLCs), which is $18 at CDkeys or $25 on Steam.
You need the base game and the pass (which gives you both DLC's) which he doesn't have if I'm not mistaken,according to his previous posts.

Reactions: djoye
like this
No word on Game Pass yet. This new version may supersede the original on Game Pass, or exist with it so Xbox One subscribers can still play it.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition Is Much More Than Just a Visual Upgrade​

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2023/03/03/outer-worlds-spacers-choice-edition/

"If you already own The Outer Worlds base game (excluding via Xbox Game Pass) and its associated DLC, Peril on Gorgon and Murder on Eridanos, for Xbox One, you will be able to upgrade to The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition on Xbox Series X | S for a reduced purchase price.*
*Based on Private Division’s suggested retail price for The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition. Actual price may differ. Limit of one upgrade per account. See platform store for details and terms. Players who own the digital version of the base game for Xbox One must be signed into an Xbox Series console using the same Microsoft Account they used to purchase the base game and its associated DLC for Xbox One."

That's pretty vague, but I at least appreciate the sentiment. IMO, it's probably worth $15-20 considering the DLC's are included along with the visual upgrades.

That's pretty vague, but I at least appreciate the sentiment. IMO, it's probably worth $15-20 considering the DLC's are included along with the visual upgrades.

it's not vague...they announced that if you already own the base game plus both DLC's you can upgrade for $9.99...otherwise the game will cost $59.99...as far as Game Pass I doubt the new version will be made available...the closest comparison is Death Stranding where the Director's Cut is not available

Back