The Outer Worlds (New Obsidian RPG)

Since I can't watch it at work, is it included with the main game or a separate purchase?

Peril on Gorgon will cost $14.99, and Xbox Game Pass users will receive a 10 percent discount...an expansion pass can be purchased as well, which will include Peril on Gorgon and a future, unannounced DLC for a total price of $24.99
I'll probably wait & see if its worth the cost & time to play.

I'll probably go for it. I might as well just replay the whole thing for that matter. It wasn't that long and I kinda forgot most of what was going on.

Disappointed that the 2nd DLC still isn't announced. Will probably wait for both to be included before playing again. Same deal with Control.

Disappointed that the 2nd DLC still isn't announced. Will probably wait for both to be included before playing again. Same deal with Control.

Same here. I really liked Outer Worlds and absolutely intend to play it again... but when it comes to replaying games like this I prefer to do it once when it's released and then wait until the game is finished before doing it again. I don't have the time to invest a new play through for each new DLC, and generally find with games like that that I don't like jumping into a finished game and just doing the DLC. I prefer it feel like part of the original game.

Same here. I really liked Outer Worlds and absolutely intend to play it again... but when it comes to replaying games like this I prefer to do it once when it's released and then wait until the game is finished before doing it again. I don't have the time to invest a new play through for each new DLC, and generally find with games like that that I don't like jumping into a finished game and just doing the DLC. I prefer it feel like part of the original game.

For me its more of a mechanic/story reinvesting thing. By the time I get the hang of the controls and remember the story, its already over. And then another 6 or so months until the next DLC. If I already finished the main game I'll probably wait until all the DLC is together before going through it.

I'll play it. I played the original on XGP for PC, but hopefully the game will soon be on Steam and I'll outright buy it.

Enjoyed it a lot.

I'll play it. I played the original on XGP for PC, but hopefully the game will soon be on Steam and I'll outright buy it.

Enjoyed it a lot.

Steam has an estimated release date of December still up on their Outer Worlds page. I think they have to wait a year for the exclusive to wear off. I am just going to wait for the Christmas sale and pick it up.

I've lost all my saves. Can i launch the DLC directly or do i need to replay the whole game ?

DLC available now at XGP, $13.49.
Or $22.49 for the season pass.

Reactions: w35t
like this
I forgot that Game Pass PC doesn't give you free access to the DLC...it's been a few months since I was subscribed

Second DLC is coming 2021. I hope soon. I may just play this DLC earlier, but wanted to play them back to back. Already been about a year since I last touched this game.

well that kind of sucks

" You have to complete a main story line quest called “Radio Free Monarch” in order to start the DLC, which means you’ll be around level 22 with about 10 hours in. If you’ve finished the main quest already, you’ll have to use an earlier save file or start a new character. "

I don't know if Ireally want to start a new game just to play the DLC.

well that kind of sucks

" You have to complete a main story line quest called “Radio Free Monarch” in order to start the DLC, which means you’ll be around level 22 with about 10 hours in. If you’ve finished the main quest already, you’ll have to use an earlier save file or start a new character. "

I don't know if Ireally want to start a new game just to play the DLC.

Same. Was a good game, but not THAT good.

Same. Was a good game, but not THAT good.

it was a good game but shouldn't have to go through hoops just to play the DLC. Why not just let me continue playing after the last mission and when I go somewhere the DLC starts like it does now.

it was a good game but shouldn't have to go through hoops just to play the DLC. Why not just let me continue playing after the last mission and when I go somewhere the DLC starts like it does now.

I agree. I ponied up the money and bought it, only to find that with the limited amount of saves the game has, I'm screwed and can't go back before the final mission.

I was looking forward to doing the DLC at Lvl 30 with all my gear. Now I have to start all over from scratch!

Ugh, this is a perfect example of what not to do with a DLC! Makes me gun-shy about the second DLC: What ridiculous requirements will it have?!?

The game does have a "point of no return" save. If I recall it is called that in the save load screen. See if you can find that one, it loads right before the final mission starts. I did that to experience two different endings when I played.

The game does have a "point of no return" save. If I recall it is called that in the save load screen. See if you can find that one, it loads right before the final mission starts. I did that to experience two different endings when I played.

There is a save right before the final decision but you cant go back and leave tge building you are stuck loading right where decide.

There is a save right before the final decision but you cant go back and leave tge building you are stuck loading right where decide.

For me it made the save in the bridge of the ship. Could be some inconsistency. I know I noted where I wanted to reload a while back, so hopefully I'm not screwed to.

It would be so much easier if it was lime fall out, you finish the main quest and can just go on in case there were other things you never did that werent part of the main story.

So I loaded the game save called "Point of No Return". I flew to another planet and got a message to start the DLC. So that seemed to work for me at least. I am not sure if I will start this now or wait for the 2nd DLC.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
There were only about four saves listed, so I went back to the earliest one. I managed to get back on the ship, but ADA said the weather was too rough to leave so I'm basically screwed!

Good thing I like this game since I'll be starting over and going back through half of it just to play the DLC! :(

Already played it through the $1 first month for Xbox game pass for PC... have not interest in playing it again.

Played the first DLC. I found it utterly boring. Just not compelling at all in terms of the story. This is partially a problem with DLC in general, but I felt like there was little purpose and the story didn't amount to much. Which is too bad because I liked the main game including the story.

Just picked this up. Downloading right now and will be ready for me tomorrow. Excited to finally play The Outer Words. :)

Back