The Outer Worlds (New Obsidian RPG)

It looks pretty damn good--I trust Obsidian, and New Vegas was one of my favorite Fallout experiences, but holy hell is the post-apocalyptic genre crowded in 2019.

Fallout 76
Far Cry New Dawn
RAGE 2
The Outer Worlds
Borderlands 3
Metro Exodus
The Division 2
Days Gone

Last edited:
-=< Faith in gaming restored >=-

I had chills watching that ish the first time.

No idea when in 2019 I assume????

Looks outstanding to me potentially. When is this coming out? A new Fallout game done better not named Fallout with some Borderlands and Bioshock elements thrown in.

Fallout 76 what?

Looks outstanding to me potentially. When is this coming out? A new Fallout game done better not named Fallout with some Borderlands and Bioshock elements thrown in.

Fallout 76 what?
After seeing that gameplay video, the Borderlands influence and aesthetics, stationary NPCs, etc - pretty unmistakable, especially the indoor areas.

Couldn't be happier with what they've done with this game-- New Vegas+Borderlands+Bioshock all dropped into a blender and then modernized.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
After seeing that gameplay video, the Borderlands influence and aesthetics, stationary NPCs, etc - pretty unmistakable, especially the indoor areas.

Couldn't be happier with what they've done with this game-- New Vegas+Borderlands+Bioshock all dropped into a blender and then modernized.

I'm just praying it won't come out as a bugfest which, unfortunately, Obsidian tends to struggle with.

giphy.gif

The premise looks interesting. I am extremely disappointed that it is first person instead of isometric.

The premise looks interesting. I am extremely disappointed that it is first person instead of isometric.
Not enough of a market. Iso's are a bygone era. PoE was great, but releasing two Iso's back-to-back = financial suicide. There's a reason Microsoft had to rescue them.

looks like it will be fun, just lil worried it will be a xbox only game now that Microsoft owns them

High hopes for this. I liked new vegas more than FO3, hope they keep the good stuff

I see the Fallout heritage for sure, but I also see the influence of Mass Effect & Bioshock. Too early to tell, but this certainly has my attention now. I don't think they could have announced it at a better time, despite the crowded genre.

looks like it will be fun, just lil worried it will be a xbox only game now that Microsoft owns them

MS owns them but this started development in 2016 and is being published and funded by Take-Two's Private Division. This will likely be the last Obsidian game without MS' influence.

Oh hell yeah, single player, unique, fresh and new IP based on proven formulas! Yes please.

This game is on my radar for sure, it looks like it hits a lot of points, my only concern is it looks to be linear rather than open world. But it could still a good game for sure.

This game is on my radar for sure, it looks like it hits a lot of points, my only concern is it looks to be linear rather than open world. But it could still a good game for sure.

I'm pretty sure Game Informer mentioned that this would not be "open world" in the same vein as Fallout, it would be more "linear". That's not entirely a bad thing in my book, but it's obviously early yet. Future info could shed more light.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Back