The Outer Worlds’ first DLC adds a new planet to the main story

Excited?

• Total voters

erek

[H]F Junkie
You ask and ye shall receive! [earlier commentary from another thread!] This is bigger than even any hardware news so far, imho!!!!!!!

Excited?

"The intention is that players will head to Gorgon in the later stages of the game, before everything is locked in for the final run through the endgame. But the perks and flaws that players can unlock on Gorgon have advantages outside of Gorgon itself. Some of them are designed to be powerful bonuses that make combat “pretty silly.”

“If you’re one of those masochistic players that loves to tackle high level content at a much earlier level, you’ll get access to that stuff much earlier.” says Hansen.

There’ll also be three new science weapons. So far, we only have details on one. The Pest Extermination Tool is a melee weapon that pulls enemies in, which is great for dealing with runners.

Peril on Gorgon will release on September 9, 2020 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC for $14.99. Players can grab an expansion pass for $24.99 which includes Peril on Gorgon and the next The Outer Worlds DLC. The expansion will release on the Switch at “a later date,” according to a Obsidian Entertainment representative."

https://www.polygon.com/2020/7/23/2...c-peril-on-gorgon-details-campaign-companions

Love the game, but was hoping for a full sequel eventually, not a DLC here and there.

Or maybe im just getting old, I only played it thru once. Started a second run but lost interest.

I wonder how does DLCs work with game pass titles? Does the pass include the DLC as well? Can you even buy DLCs for games that you acces through subscription and not actually bought?

I just read the article, this is not even a follow up to the game, it is a mid-game tie in DLC, that only makes sense if you play it mid-game, and it affects the ending of the original game. Most people have finished the game already, so how is this a good idea? You just load up a mid game save before the final mission, and do it again? Weird. Now I can confidently vote: This blows bigtime.

I found Outer Worlds a rather vanilla and overall uninspired title. That said, I applaud Obsidian for putting forth actual new IP instead of the ocean of reboots, sequels, and rehashes, and it's good to see them adding content. Hopefully, those who like the game pick this up.

The game is depressing but I think that is what the developers were going for.

I'll probably pick up the whole game some time after the Epic exclusivity expires and all the DLC is out.

Back