the OTHER right angle SATA cables

OniFactor

Limp Gawd
this is going to sound ridiculous.. but does anyone know where to find the OTHER kind of right angle SATA cables? not the usual right angle, though.. i can find plenty of those. i need it to change angles on the other axis, if that makes sense. with the cable laying flat on a desk, i want the connect to go to the left or right, instead of continuing straight, or pointing up or down...

god that sounds so convoluted, writing it out, haha, but i hope someone gets it, and can help me.. thanks guys!

hooray...! ...except.. that goes the wrong direction.. i need the mirror of that. oy. u_u

There's an adapter that other thread found. $4.25 is rather steep when you still need a cable! I'd kind of like some of these 90 deg right cables too. Obviously it can't go left because that would hit the power connector.
This was all I could find, but it's someone reselling in a thread and not a store. Pic
Item SC22. 60cm Ultra Slim SATA3.0 Flat Cable Straight to Right L Angle with metal latch - BLUE (New Product)
Connectors: Straight to Right L Angle

Last edited:
i actually need it to go "left" i guess... i need it for on the mobo side, strangely enough. my sata ports come out straight up from the board, and a couple of my current sata cables have to run "inside" of my video card's heatsink housing, which is why i was hoping to find such a beast...

those aren't it, hiodie, but thanks.. Auzner's pic is the closest to what i need, but i can't see which way the connector goes, or find a retailer..

man, whos idea was it to put SATA connectors straight out on a mobo. :-P

Oh...my bad, I get what you are asking for...yeah, can't help you out there :)

I have dozens of spare sata cables. I'll see what can be done with a knife and soldering iron. But yeah a left L probably doesn't exist since it would collide with the power connector. Usually on the motherboard end you want it straight out as the connectors are all next to each other. So you're saying your motherboard has like a right angle surface mount that interferes with your particular chassis?

Here is a couple minutes with a knife:

This particular cable just popped apart and wasn't molded together. I think your best bet will just be to do something like this. Cover the joint in hotglue, heatshrink, or electrical tape. My pins are a bit loose, but I don't need to use this cable for anything so you'll have to be more careful than I was.

Last edited:
no, they aren't right angle.. the problem is that the only pci-x slot covers the top two or three ports with my 7750 installed.. I will try to get a picture of the exact issue, later when I get home..

Back