The Original Star Wars IX Script Has Allegedly Leaked. And It's Much Better Than The Rise of Skywalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one has ruined Marvel. People are really fucking over dramatic about a single average movie (that isn’t even the worst movie in the franchise).

wish they would kill marvel...so sick of marvel movies.....and I haven't seen any of them. Just like 99% of all movies in theaters seem to be marvel related.

Screw this script. I'd like to read Lucas' original Sequel Trilogy plans.

Like, Episode 8 ruined everything. JJ should have done all three.
I loved the Sega Genesis style final boss battle. Very cool, very heavy metal.

They let Luke and Leia down with this trilogy, that's the big shame here. I bet Lucas' trilogy was all about how the Force is little bugs (which is stupid) and that he doesn't let down the Legacy characters and they get the send off they deserved.
But also the movies wouldn't be as good as Episodes 7 or 9 (unless Lucas planned the same Palpatine at the end of a giant Robot Intestine).

So really, I want to know if we lost out by not having the guy who failed us on the Prequel Trilogy, which needed redemption. Or if we lost out by getting the Joke episode 8.
Which one is the bigger loss?

So many sour fanboys and girls out there. I've said it a few times before and I'll say it from time to time again and again... suspend belief, have fun, enjoy the show. It's fricking entertainment ffs.

The problem is that this is virtually impossible due to poor writing, inconsistent characterization, canon breaking errors, and all sorts of problems with the Disney Star Wars trilogy. Sometimes entertainment is bad and the above isn't possible for some people. I didn't hate Episode 7, but The Last Jedi was simply awful. Ships start spinning end over end after running out of fuel? Leia Poppins? Come on. The movie was shit and anything that came after it could only hope to achieve mediocrity at best.

To be fair, Episode 9 tries its best running around like a chicken with its head cut off purely to undo Episode 8's oopsies.
Unfortunately, that means it needs to be Episode 8 and 9 at the same time, and it means it really needed to be a four hour, maybe even five hour movie to have fair time for everyone.

I hope George Lucas' sequel trilogy story comes out in a small detailed post like this script leak.

Screw this script. I'd like to read Lucas' original Sequel Trilogy plans.

Like, Episode 8 ruined everything. JJ should have done all three.
I loved the Sega Genesis style final boss battle. Very cool, very heavy metal.

They let Luke and Leia down with this trilogy, that's the big shame here. I bet Lucas' trilogy was all about how the Force is little bugs (which is stupid) and that he doesn't let down the Legacy characters and they get the send off they deserved.
But also the movies wouldn't be as good as Episodes 7 or 9 (unless Lucas planned the same Palpatine at the end of a giant Robot Intestine).

So really, I want to know if we lost out by not having the guy who failed us on the Prequel Trilogy, which needed redemption. Or if we lost out by getting the Joke episode 8.
Which one is the bigger loss?

Some things about his original plan are known. And frankly, I don't think it would have gone over very well. Primarily, it would have introduced the Whills. They are beings that control the Force. This quote tells us basically how that works: "The midi-chlorians are the ones that communicate with the Whills. The Whills, in a general sense, they are the Force." ―George Lucas

So, what we are talking about are something like the Guardians of the Universe in the Green Lantern comics. The Force is better off being mysterious and not some committee of people controlling things through micro-organisms. Having the Force laid out and explained with such detail would have gone over about as well as taking a shit in a punch bowl at the company Christmas party. It would have been very different in terms of tone from all that came before it, and frankly, people wouldn't have liked it. This would have created the same problems and been received as well as or worse than the Highlander 2 theatrical cut's explanation that Immortals were aliens from another planet. It's much worse than that in the details, but what that story did was eliminate the mystery that made the first movie work.

Or, things could be even worse and it could have gone over about as well as Highlander 5: The Source, which offered a different and just as retarded of an explanation. This was structured as a bad super hero film and its literally one of the worst movies I've ever watched. In any case, some mysteries are best left unsolved.

I think that the legacy characters would have been treated better and the story would have been at least internally consistent and well planned, but that it would have taken the Star Wars universe in a direction that was too far removed from what people liked and remembered or expected. What George doesn't understand is that when something becomes part of our culture, it takes on a life of its own. Sure, at the time he owned it he could have done whatever he wanted, but changing it too much would always create a negative reaction. Division of the fan base under those conditions would be inevitable.

There is also the problem that would have come from George making these films. That would have been many of the same things that were wrong in the prequels. The prequels have a good plot structure, but the issue comes down to the details. Bad dialog, stupid comedic sequences, annoying characters, and certain things that really impact suspension of disbelief negatively. Things like Anakin being way too young in the movie. Had he been 13, I think the character and story would have worked better. The immaculate conception angle was stupid and is a good example of how things could have gone wrong in a sequel trilogy by him.

I don't think they should have touched the Skywalker Saga in any shape or form with these movies. Let it end at Episode VI and be done with it. They should have stuck to doing new stories with new characters set in the Star Wars universe like we see with the Mandalorian. Of course anything they would have done would have been bad so long as Kathleen Kennedy was there to inject her political ideology into the mix. Bad writing is still bad writing and anything written by the people who were involved with Episode 7, 8 or 9 would have created a bad trilogy no matter what they came up with.

Robot head summed up one major issue with Disney star wars. It is fiction but you never really question how believable or plausible in their world, it makes sense and you have a good idea as the audience how it works.

Then Jar jar and ruin went to work. Horses in space running on the surface and the riders have no decompression suits. zero gravity, no oxygen okay cool seems legit
Didn’t they explain that by saying they were still in the planets atmosphere. I brought a flask and by the point I had finished it. This movie definitely needed it.

Also horses running on ships still pales in comparison to putting Death Star weapons on every star destroyer. ZOMG! We’re doomed. I was laughing so hard.
wish they would kill marvel...so sick of marvel movies.....and I haven't seen any of them. Just like 99% of all movies in theaters seem to be marvel related.
I don’t like it so let’s end a series. I just drove by my local movie theater they don’t have any marvel movies. Pitter patter nows your time.

I don't think they should have touched the Skywalker Saga in any shape or form with these movies. Let it end at Episode VI and be done with it. They should have stuck to doing new stories with new characters set in the Star Wars universe like we see with the Mandalorian.

This. All I wanted from a new set of movies was the Young Jedi Knights series of books converted to movies. It would have been awesome to see Jacen, Jaina, and Tenel Ka on the big screen. Lowabacca would have been cool too but I could understand leaving him out to avoid giving Lucas a conniption induced heart attack.

Killed his father in Ep. 7. Force ghosts are going to save him?

I watched 7 and was dragged to 8. I skipped 9. Vote with your wallet. Disney should have made the Thrawn trilogy instead of this rehashed, "metoo" PC crap.

I'm amused at how one of the most frightening things to you is that most of the heroes aren't white men. You do know that, ever since the start of the saga, the Rebels/Resistance were supposed to represent a more inclusive group, right? The Empire/First Order was long characterized as xenophobic (and in the original trilogy, it was all white as far as I can tell). It's just that crafting a Star Wars movie in the 2010s onward means recognizing the reality that most humans aren't white, and half of them are women.

You can certainly level criticisms at the trilogy for issues like inconsistency and retreading familiar plot paths, but "metoo PC crap" says more about your own insecurities than anything about the movies.

This. All I wanted from a new set of movies was the Young Jedi Knights series of books converted to movies. It would have been awesome to see Jacen, Jaina, and Tenel Ka on the big screen. Lowabacca would have been cool too but I could understand leaving him out to avoid giving Lucas a conniption induced heart attack.

Don't even use them, too much history and that means too many fans upset, literally make a new batch, new story, and go, its an entire universe for pete sake.

Why do you think Mando is good? all new, all fresh. They better not tie it in to much, would ruin the whole show.

I don't think they should have touched the Skywalker Saga in any shape or form with these movies. Let it end at Episode VI and be done with it. They should have stuck to doing new stories with new characters set in the Star Wars universe like we see with the Mandalorian. Of course anything they would have done would have been bad so long as Kathleen Kennedy was there to inject her political ideology into the mix. Bad writing is still bad writing and anything written by the people who were involved with Episode 7, 8 or 9 would have created a bad trilogy no matter what they came up with.

this or they should have used maybe 1/2 of episode 7 to close that part out and then just let the new characters take over. Get them out of the way and stop making them pop in for fan service.

OR

Only used Luke for the later parts and then only in some smaller part.

none of the old trilogy people should have been major characters throughout the series.

Some things about his original plan are known. And frankly, I don't think it would have gone over very well. Primarily, it would have introduced the Whills. They are beings that control the Force. This quote tells us basically how that works: "The midi-chlorians are the ones that communicate with the Whills. The Whills, in a general sense, they are the Force." ―George Lucas

So, what we are talking about are something like the Guardians of the Universe in the Green Lantern comics. The Force is better off being mysterious and not some committee of people controlling things through micro-organisms. Having the Force laid out and explained with such detail would have gone over about as well as taking a shit in a punch bowl at the company Christmas party. It would have been very different in terms of tone from all that came before it, and frankly, people wouldn't have liked it. This would have created the same problems and been received as well as or worse than the Highlander 2 theatrical cut's explanation that Immortals were aliens from another planet. It's much worse than that in the details, but what that story did was eliminate the mystery that made the first movie work.

Or, things could be even worse and it could have gone over about as well as Highlander 5: The Source, which offered a different and just as retarded of an explanation. This was structured as a bad super hero film and its literally one of the worst movies I've ever watched. In any case, some mysteries are best left unsolved.

I think that the legacy characters would have been treated better and the story would have been at least internally consistent and well planned, but that it would have taken the Star Wars universe in a direction that was too far removed from what people liked and remembered or expected. What George doesn't understand is that when something becomes part of our culture, it takes on a life of its own. Sure, at the time he owned it he could have done whatever he wanted, but changing it too much would always create a negative reaction. Division of the fan base under those conditions would be inevitable.

There is also the problem that would have come from George making these films. That would have been many of the same things that were wrong in the prequels. The prequels have a good plot structure, but the issue comes down to the details. Bad dialog, stupid comedic sequences, annoying characters, and certain things that really impact suspension of disbelief negatively. Things like Anakin being way too young in the movie. Had he been 13, I think the character and story would have worked better. The immaculate conception angle was stupid and is a good example of how things could have gone wrong in a sequel trilogy by him.

I've seen all the Highlander movies (and series) and I agree that's exactly what George Lucas' sequel trilogy sounded like.
But I always wanted a sequel trilogy with Han/Luke/Leia. Them not in it would not fit, anything...I really think we got out better the way we got it than if George made the movies. Episode 8 fucked it up, but at least we ended on point, rather than following Episode 8's fuck up, which is what the leaked script sounds like it follows.

I've seen all the Highlander movies (and series) and I agree that's exactly what George Lucas' sequel trilogy sounded like.
But I always wanted a sequel trilogy with Han/Luke/Leia. Them not in it would not fit, anything...I really think we got out better the way we got it than if George made the movies. Episode 8 fucked it up, but at least we ended on point, rather than following Episode 8's fuck up, which is what the leaked script sounds like it follows.

I really don't think Lucas would have made it better. the story may have been better but the movies would have been bad. I mean, wtf has Lucas done that was good since working on the original indiana Jones triliogy?

But I always wanted a sequel trilogy with Han/Luke/Leia. Them not in it would not fit, anything....

So did most everyone else. However, I disagree with the idea that them not being in it wouldn't fit. If it were set far enough into the future, it could have worked. Also, they had the option of recasting which wouldn't have gone well. A story with the characters aged 40 years later could have worked, but they did the rest of the movie so badly and they obviously didn't understand the original characters at all and portrayed them inconsistently and incorrectly. Hell, they flat tore Luke down and disgraced him. It was a full on character assassination and very hard to watch.

There are lots of creative avenues that they could have pursued. The fact that this is what they came up with is shameful and tells us that all the wrong people had a hand in this mess.

Just because its different doesn't mean its better. This sounds like shit too, it just hasn't been executed to appreciate the shit outcome. Ben killing Rey's parents has a lot of problems too. Like the most abusive co-dependent relationship ever. Nonsense like Force Skype and Easy Force Healing and Force Teleport could just as easily be injected into this story as well. TROS was as much a execution problem due to nothing to build on as anything else. Not sure any plot could overcome it.

Just because its different doesn't mean its better. This sounds like shit too, it just hasn't been executed to appreciate the shit outcome. Ben killing Rey's parents has a lot of problems too. Like the most abusive co-dependent relationship ever. Nonsense like Force Skype and Easy Force Healing and Force Teleport could just as easily be injected into this story as well. TROS was as much a execution problem due to nothing to build on as anything else. Not sure any plot could overcome it.

Basically. While I'm sure George would have done some things better, a new trilogy by him would have likely been received about as well if not worse.

Hell, they flat tore Luke down and disgraced him. It was a full on character assassination and very hard to watch.
They did. It was the worst thing about this Trilogy. If they hadn't done that, well...*sighs*
I don't think JJ was going to do that. Mark's interviews about how upset he was were really something too.

I can't find much fault with Episode 9 given what it had to go after. It gave meaning to things in episode 7, and you can basically skip 8 and miss nothing but Luke's awesome force projection and perfect death.
For everything episode 8 did wrong, and also it really should have happened in episode 9, Luke's death was perfect. He merged with the force, and it felt like he chose to do it before he would have really died. It was touching, but it was still stupid that Rian basically just did it because there was nothing else redeeming about Episode 8 otherwise. No emotional impact without it.

TLJ destroyed everything JJ did with FA beyond repair.

JJ tried to fix the damage but failed miserably. At least RoS is much better than TLJ but that's not saying much...

JJ did messed up too. Completely changing Leia's backstory as a Jedi when its been stablished that she didn't understand the force and suddenly she is a Jedi Master. Heck in the flashback with Luke and Leia, she looks much younger than in ROTJ. That doesn't make sense.

Hell, they flat tore Luke down and disgraced him. It was a full on character assassination and very hard to watch.

Luke's attitude was 'well, crap... the Jedi were a bunch of hypocrites who created a monster and destroyed themselves. I walked into the same trap and created a new monster, I'm not leading anyone else down that path again.' His teachings and his conversation with Yoda in TLJ made for some of the best moments in all of Star Wars, and his force projection/death was perfect.

Like I've said, I enjoyed the main story. If I have to nitpick the real weak aspect of the sequel trilogy was the secondary characters. There should have been more focus on Finn and Chewie. Poe, Rose, and Maz could all have been eliminated from the story. As I understand it Poe was originally supposed to die during the escape in 7. Maz doesn't do anything Leia couldn't have done better, though I suspect the character was created because Carrie Fisher couldn't handle a larger role. I liked the contrast between Rose's naivete and the thief (good guys, bad guys, made up words...) but otherwise she served a limited purpose in the story. If I'd written 8 I would have had Rey go to Luke by herself (with R2) and had Finn/Chewie adventuring together (with BB8 and 3P0).

The prequels have a good plot structure, but the issue comes down to the details...

Good plot structure? As in.. good exposition and rising action? Because the prequels lacked that.

Beyond that, look at the opening act of Revenge of the Sith, the tone is all over the place from slapstick comedy with R2 and the battle droids to Anakin vengefully chopping Count Dookie's head off within a span of 10 minutes. You see similar problems in the final act of the Phantom Menace. These jarring tonal differences occur because Lucas didn't have a solid conception of the overall plot during filming, and unlike A New Hope the prequels couldn't be salvaged into good films during editing.

There is no cohesive plot in the prequel trilogy beyond getting Vader in the suit. I get the impression that Lucas went into the prequels without a deep story in mind and he was trying to do something a bit abstract/emotional (it is a tragedy where we all know the ending beforehand, after all), but the difficulties created by filming with so much CGI ruined the acting to the point that even Samuel Jackson just comes across as goofy. What you're left with is a tech demo for Lucasfilm with oh-so-memorable CGI puppets like Jar-Jar and Dexter Jettster, the worst movie romance ever made, 15 minute choreographed lightsaber dance-offs, and Yoda doing video game shit.

No script could have saved this dumpster fire of a trilogy. It's almost awe-inspiring to see how badly Disney botched these movies. Sure, they made a ton of dough, but that's only because it's frickin' Star Wars; there is no other property out there that the phrase "a license to print money" better applies to.
Puhleeze. The prequels were awful and there was no Disney. And bluntly, rehash or not, TFA was better than all 3 prequels. Frankly, even Last Jedi was better than at least 2/3 of the prequels (i'd need to go back and rewatch Reveng of the Sith to compare it, but I really don't want to).

This bread needs spoilers. Not that I care about the rise of the foreskin walker awakens but it would be nice to see it and (likely) take a dump on it, without knowing exactly how bad it is first.
you mean like
this
?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back