The official Sony E3 thread. (Killzone, wipeoutHD etc)

Yeah, definitely.

It was a great conference, filled with great games. The only downside I can think of was the Star Wars PSP... I mean, who gives a shit? It's worse than the Halo 360. :eek:

But yeah, Killzone 2 looks amazing. I'm extremely mad @ G4 playing the trailer rather than the guy playing the damn game, though!!!!
Ughhh... fuckers.

Nothing is worse than the the halo xbox360.

Well I feel alot better about my PS3 purchase now. You read all these PS3 hate threads and actually start questioning wether or not you made a good purchase, but after watching that presentation I feel a lot better about my PS3. I will say this about the annoucements, I think the unreal 3 exclusive is going to sting microsoft like a bitch. But it looks like by the end of the year the PS3 will have a very solid library.

user created "environments" that people can show off to their friends? ask myspace.

Yea, but Home has too limited an audience. Anyone with a computer can access Myspace. If the only thing Myspace was useful for was showing off an environment to friends, it would be dead by now. Most people use Myspace to meet other people. That pool of people is much smaller on Home. You can't compare Home to Myspace. Home really is wasted developement. It's great that Home is free, but it will be hugely underutilized. The novelty will wear off really quick and people will do with the PS3 what they bought it for, to play the games they bought.

I do agree that this was probably the best planned out conference, but a lot of things still bugged me especially crap about pushing blu ray. Another thing, why didn't they have mgs4 as the keynote, instead of the killzone stuff?

Because Killzone is a first party AAA title. MGS4 is a 3rd party AAA title.

Well I feel alot better about my PS3 purchase now. You read all these PS3 hate threads and actually start questioning wether or not you made a good purchase, but after watching that presentation I feel a lot better about my PS3. I will say this about the annoucements, I think the unreal 3 exclusive is going to sting microsoft like a bitch. But it looks like by the end of the year the PS3 will have a very solid library.

nah, the UT3 thing will be minor. It's only *console* exclusive, and only for a short time at that. It's coming to PC at launch, and it'll sell the most copies on PC.

I will say this about the annoucements, I think the unreal 3 exclusive is going to sting microsoft like a bitch.

I disagree with this. I think if it had been exclusive to the PS3 only, it would be a major coup. The PC version though steals a massive amount of that thunder considering the primary platform for the game has always been the PC. For an FPS to be great on a console it really has to be designed with the console as the primary focus otherwise it will always pale in comparison to its PC version.

Guys, UT3 is exclusive for PS3/PC for 2007 and early 2008. It'll be on the 360 in 2008.

Either way, I would get it for the PC over the PS3.

I would get it for the PS3 over the PC since i'm oh so poor after buying a new car :(. Playing on the PS3 means that you dont have to upgrade your computers to get the optimal playing experience and since UT3 for PS3 supports KB/M, i really don't see what the point is for upgrading my computer. The only downside i see is that playing FPS on a big screen might be a little harder, but you can always hook up your PS3 to a smaller computer monitor.

I would get it for the PS3 over the PC since i'm oh so poor after buying a new car :(. Playing on the PS3 means that you dont have to upgrade your computers to get the optimal playing experience and since UT3 for PS3 supports KB/M, i really don't see what the point is for upgrading my computer. The only downside i see is that playing FPS on a big screen might be a little harder, but you can always hook up your PS3 to a smaller computer monitor.

UT3 will look better on a proper PC than the PS3, so I wouldn't say you'd be getting optimal performance. PC games that are on consoles are usually severely gimped too.

I guess, im not going to see these better graphics and resolutions since im not going to get a DX10 laptop anytime soon (i dont like desktops). I just hope that PCs and PStrees can play together.. there goes all my competition :(.

Was the best of the three conferences, but still not particularly stunning. Will probably pick up a PSP slim when they're released and maybe a PS3 next year. Had the games wowed me a little more or had they announced the rumbleaxis then I'd probably be singing a different tune.

As it stands now though, the real gold in the Sony library is 2008 (which is nice, because there will be better deals / bundles by then)

Well as it stands now I'm sure I'll have to upgrade my x1900xt to something a little more beefier to get the same performance as the PS3 version. But don't get me wrong I love sum UT on the pc but if the user mods work good with the PS3 I'll have to choose the comfort of my couch and my 65' 1080p Mitsi.;)

999_0008.jpg

Woohoo, newish PSP :D

I think it may finally be time to pick one up. 30% lighter, 15% thinner, and VIDEO OUTPUT. Watch movies and play games on tv. Bring it!!!

I am extremely impressed with Sony so far. I mean, with all the crap they've been taking from people about the PS3, this has really brightened my outlook even more. This press conference was defidently a ray of light, and reconfirmed my purchase all those months ago.Tthere are a lot of great things in store for PS3 that people without one will be crying over in the future. Now, i'm gonna go dust off my PS3, and wait a little longer. I can't wait to download the keynotes on Fileplanet. I'm gonna go download the Microsoft one.

Well as it stands now I'm sure I'll have to upgrade my x1900xt to something a little more beefier to get the same performance as the PS3 version. But don't get me wrong I love sum UT on the pc but if the user mods work good with the PS3 I'll have to choose the comfort of my couch and my 65' 1080p Mitsi.;)

UT3 + PS3 + full keyboard and mouse support + Me = possible purchase over PC version. Then again, I probably won't get it for PS3, simply because of the future mods. But, Sony did buy exclusivity rights for the PS3 version until 2008, so that could mean no PC UT3 for us pc gamers this year?

"During Sony's marathon press conference this morning, the company announced that it had locked down a PlayStation 3-exclusive deal for Midway's Unreal Tournament III until 2008."

UT3 + PS3 + full keyboard and mouse support + Me = possible purchase over PC version. Then again, I probably won't get it for PS3, simply because of the future mods. But, Sony did buy exclusivity rights for the PS3 version until 2008, so that could mean no PC UT3 for us pc gamers this year?

"During Sony's marathon press conference this morning, the company announced that it had locked down a PlayStation 3-exclusive deal for Midway's Unreal Tournament III until 2008."

Us PC users are getting UT3 the same time as PS3.

Dammit! I just posted that pic in the Killzone thread. I didn't know you posted it here. Blah.

lol

But yeah, as I said in the Killzone thread, it looks damn close (aside from the soldiers' faces and fire effects). Anyone who says otherwise is in denial.

Back