The Official RX 5300 Thread (and hopefully the only one)

Nightfire

2[H]4U
So knowing that there will be about a hundred or so RTX 3000 series threads, I figure this years lame duck should get a thread of it's own.

AMD recently released the RX 5300. Basically it is an RX 5500 with lower clocks and a paltry 96 bit bus running 3 GB of GDDR6.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wccfte...unches-radeon-rx-5300-3-gb-graphics-card/amp/

So, price is estimated at $130. Internal benchmarks show it beating a 1650 by a substantial margin, but even an RX 5500 is not that far ahead. How will it do against a $160 gddr6 1650, now with tu116?

My guess is will get murdered on anything outside of esports with that vram setup.

AMD recently released the RX 5300. Basically it is an RX 5500 with lower clocks and a paltry 96 bit bus running 3 GB of GDDR6. ... price is estimated at $130.
Hard to see who this is targeted at, kind of too expensive for spare GPU, but too slow to be really useful for gaming, no?

Maybe the price would come down?

I just can't get over the 96 bit bus. Are gddr6 bus lanes that costly? AMD should have just made the 5500 a 128 bit 8GB part with 14 GB/s memory while the 5300 could have been the same but a lower gpu clock and 4 GB of 12 GB/s memory as that stuff should be dirt cheap.

I like my RX 5700 but that single fan 7" model RX 5500 XT 8Gb is so quiet I do prefer the small package with a Ryzen 3 3100 vs my 3700x /RX 5700 Flashed in most games .

That RX 5300 3Gb would have to battle the RX 570 4Gb model at that price as many people forget that it's also DX 12 Ready .

AMD trying to up their profit margins lol. Nvidia Ampere will probably be a rather big pain for them as time goes on.

AMD trying to up their profit margins lol. Nvidia Ampere will probably be a rather big pain for them as time goes on.
This is just my opinion, I do have a funny feeling Samsung gave Nvidia a good deal to produce Ampere, this probably let Nvidia to be aggressive in pricing this time around.

This is just my opinion, I do have a funny feeling Samsung gave Nvidia a good deal to produce Ampere, this probably let Nvidia to be aggressive in pricing this time around.
Combination deal, ram plus GPU package, bulk rate. I am sure Nvidia worked a good deal there.

Not sure what Samsung and Nvidia have to do with the rx 5300. It could be a year before we see a budget Ampere card to replace the GTX 1650.

I don't know why they are not selling these at retail yet. Maybe because they have exhausted all of the N7P capacity afforded to them through their TSMC wafer agreements? My understanding is Zen 2, Renoir, RDNA 1, RDNA 2, and the PS5/Xbox Series X are all on the same 7nm node, with N7FF (7nm EUV) being used exclusively right now on Zen 3.

It would be wild, although unlikely, if RDNA 2 was secretly being produced on 7nm EUV. That contradicts what AMD said during their last earnings call, though.

Are these ever going to get into a reviewers hands? Any AIB?
Maybe? There's not much excitement for a GPU that's the slowest Navi but even slower, not with Nvidia's announcements and Big Navi on the horizon.
That RX 5300 3Gb would have to battle the RX 570 4Gb model at that price as many people forget that it's also DX 12 Ready .
It's probably cheaper to produce, and probably will have lower power requirements, but hard to say if it will really be of any value for retail purchasers. For OEMs it'll probably be a knockout.

Maybe? There's not much excitement for a GPU that's the slowest Navi but even slower, not with Nvidia's announcements and Big Navi on the horizon.

As someone who invests in both AMD and Nvidia, I find every product to be exciting if it is competitive with the competition. Nothing drags down a stock price more than two under-performing companies in a duopoly.

I'm unlikely to purchase this, but really why the bad press for rounding off the lower end of your product stack?
When I was young I bought a tnt2 m64. Not because it was fast, but because I could afford it.
Anyone buying a ryzen cpu and doesn't have the cash for "the next b step up" will buy this, or a 1030. Before this there was what an Rx 460?
Its easy to say but it's only another $50. But damn no matter how much shit I feed them it don't grow on trees.

ha the tnt2 i remember those. I thought I was hot shit when I got a voodoo banshee. Wing Commander looked amazing

I'm unlikely to purchase this, but really why the bad press for rounding off the lower end of your product stack?
When I was young I bought a tnt2 m64. Not because it was fast, but because I could afford it.
Anyone buying a ryzen cpu and doesn't have the cash for "the next b step up" will buy this, or a 1030. Before this there was what an Rx 460?
Its easy to say but it's only another $50. But damn no matter how much shit I feed them it don't grow on trees.

Everything is now at rock bottom prices in used market and Nvidia should of let AMD do it first as the pain to your our fan base can be real .

Everything is now at rock bottom prices in used market and Nvidia should of let AMD do it first as the pain to your our fan base can be real .
what does that have to do with a rx 5300?
can you get used 2060's for $150?

Also, i expect AMD wants to quit making Polaris Dies. 4 years now? not as long lived as pitcairn but still. This way they can discontinue polaris, and have a drop in replacement for their product stack.

Last edited:

Also, i expect AMD wants to quit making Polaris Dies. 4 years now? not as long lived as pitcairn but still. This way they can discontinue polaris, and have a drop in replacement for their product stack.

Yes and not everyone wants to buy used.
TY 5
There is still a large gap between igpu and dgpu, but it doesn't seem seem like either company wants to fill that gap as was the case with the GTX 1030.

Nvidia seems to be done with their tu117 as alot of their 1650 cards are being shifted to tu116. Seems like a waste but I guess streamlining your manufacturing is a bigger cost savings.

Just the talk about the 2080Ti pricing and everything must scale down , but really we never get any follow up in hardware anymore and 60 fps is 60 fps .. with that said the closest thing I have is this RX 5500 XT 8Gb and it's in PCI Express 4.0 mode on B550 chipset with the Ryzen 3 3100 auto clocking +200Mhz Boost on 20 . 8 . 3 .. I really like the 3100 @ $99 and that RX 5300 would run great with it .. but this game go's over 4Gb in 1080p Ultra would be a draw back for me .

Relive pulls about 7 fps off when running .

Back