The Official R9 270x, 280x and 290x Buyers Club Thread

I've said it since the beginning R290X will be between $699-$799 and compete with 780. Titan will still be single GPU king compared to stock 290X. People thinking less than $600 are in dream land.

I guess we're all in dream land now

I guess we're all in dream land now

As I posted elsewhere:

Well, I was wrong about the price. Impressive. Its a shame that it took AMD 9-10 months to respond and hopefully it will now bring prices down.

The Titan still beat out the 290X in tests, but the heat and noise of the 290X is pretty concerning.

People would be wise to wait, which unfortunately means waiting another few months which some people may not want to do. Also means they are going to spend more for aftermarket product.

I said screw it and ordered 2 x XFX cards.

6FhUrGm.jpg

I should see at the very least a 40% increase over my X-Fired 7970's. Just shy of $1,200 is step but I will have these at least a good year until 20nm come out.

I can also now sell my 2 x 7970's which are in excellent condition ( no dust ) hardly pushed.

I should be able to get $225 each off Craigslist.

Gotta say, mad props to AMD for keeping the price on these cards reasonable when they could have gouged us like nvidia did. I've been indifferent in the past but this has swayed me toward the AMD side of things.

Was Newegg the only one having them for sale yet? Seems like nobody else has them.

How did they -still- manage to not have enough fucking stock. I don't understand how this happens every single time a new card comes out. People want the new cards, why don't they ever have enough. argggggggggg. Also, can someone look here and tell me why the 2 different waterblocks look different?
http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g30...GA_-_Card_-_ATI-HD_Radeon_R9_290X_-Page1.html
I don't trust EK's plating, and the acrylic block looks different from the acetal.

Bought a couple XFX R9 290X last night from NewEgg. Planning on pairing them on my i5 2500K @ 4.6 GHz build (PCIe 2.0 - x16 and x8 slots) for permanent use but rotating them out with my tri-SLI Titans when BF4 spools up (and Mantle) to see who really rocks that game. I'm thinking 2x 290X will beat 3x TITANS with Mantle in the mix. We shall see.

Hrm, so I'm most likely going to buy one of these, but I guess we'll have to deal with price gouging and short supply for a few weeks... Ah well.

I was going to pass on going from 7970 to 290x. But this morning while eating my cereal I ended up accidentally (not really an accident) ordering one.

So count me in as a (hopefully near) future 290x owner.

Was Newegg the only one having them for sale yet? Seems like nobody else has them.

This is my impression as well after looking around this morning.

I'm going to really be torn between the 770 and 290 (non-x) Physx is a considerable part of PS2 & Hawken so I'm not sure I'm willing to give it up just yet.

Although if Mantle is awesome I'll probably make the jump.

Not doing anything until the reference coolers for the 290 are released and Nvidia has responded with their refresh's or price drops. Q1 2014 (Unless Maxwell is available in first 1/2 2014 which I doubt)

I was going to pass on going from 7970 to 290x. But this morning while eating my cereal I ended up accidentally (not really an accident) ordering one.

So count me in as a (hopefully near) future 290x owner.

stuff like this happens all the time. it's an epidemic running throughout the nerd community.

newegg order status still shows 'order verification'. come on newegg. give me a tracking number.

I'm going to really be torn between the 770 and 290 (non-x) Physx is a considerable part of PS2 & Hawken so I'm not sure I'm willing to give it up just yet.

Although if Mantle is awesome I'll probably make the jump.

Not doing anything until the reference coolers for the 290 are released and Nvidia has responded with their refresh's or price drops. Q1 2014 (Unless Maxwell is available in first 1/2 2014 which I doubt)

There's also lots of info on mantle coming out in november, but I wouldn't want to pass up on this holidays deals by waiting until Q1 2014, either way you choose to go.

There's also lots of info on mantle coming out in november, but I wouldn't want to pass up on this holidays deals by waiting until Q1 2014, either way you choose to go.

Logical. I'll wait for the Mantle details to surface and make a purchase during the holiday season. It's going to be either a 290 (non X) or a 770. I 'd prefer not to spend $550 but $350-$450 is acceptable.

"The Official R9 270x, 280x and 290x Buyers Club Thread "

Where's the love for the non "x" 290? Seems like a bastard child just because it doesn't have an "x" at the end of the name. It outperforms all the "x"s in the title except one, but doesn't even get invited to the "Buyers Club Thread" :(

My newegg(.ca) order is now at "Shipped". It's only the second time I've ordered from newegg.ca, IIRC their warehouse is only 6hours from where I live. So I should get it before the weekend.

nice

My newegg(.ca) order is now at "Shipped". It's only the second time I've ordered from newegg.ca, IIRC their warehouse is only 6hours from where I live. So I should get it before the weekend.

nice

Congrats! :)

Check from where it ships though. I've had orders ship overland from California, they charge the same, but damn it's looooong.

nice

unless you picked the 'egg saver' shipping method (do they still offer that?). If so, it will get routed to Dallas > Guatemala > San Diego > your destination

I was under the impression newegg canada had their own warehouse. (and only 1 warehouse)

Website product selection is limited compared to newegg usa.

I guess I'll know soon enough.

"The Official R9 270x, 280x and 290x Buyers Club Thread "

Where's the love for the non "x" 290? Seems like a bastard child just because it doesn't have an "x" at the end of the name. It outperforms all the "x"s in the title except one, but doesn't even get invited to the "Buyers Club Thread" :(
:D:D damn funny thx for laugh

Lost my natural damn mind and snagged an MSI 290X off Newegg, which should be here next week. This will be interesting, since I'm potentially exchanging one leafblower (oh, faithful but hot and loud as hell R6990) for another...

Back