The Official PS4 Thread: Greatness Awaits

Do headsets work with this thing? I tired 3 of them though the controller and none worked..

I guess that want you to buy a 70.00 headset so gay since I have like 6 pc headsets laying waste.

Just go home with mine. Update is almost finished installing. Going to check out Killzone 4 SP first. DS4 feels great so far. And I hated DS3. The update download was FAST compared to PS3 downloads.

It works with any headset.....
Just turn off the HDMI audio and under options use output as headset not sure if the mic will work don't have any games yet.

I didn't have the option under the options menu (at first) I wonder if this is what the large path was for.
It was rumored only Bluetooth headset wouldn't work.

I don't believe resale will be very high on either of these consoles. Gone are the days of crazy proprietary hardware and consoles selling for $1500 the next day. I think the most you'll see is maybe a 100 to 200 dollar profit after fees etc. Just my opinion.

I'm seeing hundreds of them going for sale between $550-600 and only a few selling at that price. I'm expecting people will get around $500-$550 for now and maybe over $600 once its closer to Xmas if stock isn't replenished by then.

Until then I will be thoroughly enjoying my system, picked her up at the midnight launch! :D
eBay gets 10% plus paypal fee's, plus covering your tax, plus paying for shipping...

Even if someone buys a PS4 off you for $600, you're pocketing less than $100.

It's not a quiet as I expected. Reading from the disc is noisy. The fan is significantly louder that you would think from this gen.

What an absolutely underwhelming console launch. It didn't even feel like anything happened today. The sad thing is the Xbone launch will probably be even worse.

What an absolutely underwhelming console launch. It didn't even feel like anything happened today. The sad thing is the Xbone launch will probably be even worse.

Well with the XO launch, XBox Live will actually work. PSN has been down for a few hours now.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/237

It's not a quiet as I expected. Reading from the disc is noisy. The fan is significantly louder that you would think from this gen.

watch the pull apart video. They are using a smaller fan in a blower setup like they use in video cards. I expected it to be loud with the design.

PSN is fucked.
I updated manually , 1.5 good to go, tried to connect to PSN, been sitting at a "Please Wait" screen for like 20 minutes, cant back out either. Sucks. Got no games to play, since Resogun is download only.... Waiting....

Doesn't do me much good if I can log in on the website if I still can't log in on my PS3 to play GTA:Online. Get off my lawn!

Responsible people with jobs are just now powering them on.

1.5 update is rocking 15k/sec for me. Only 4 more hours!!!

:(

Something's definitely wrong then. I was downloading @ 3 MB/sec. Granted, connecting to PSN was a pain. That was about 40 minutes before I established a connection.

I've come to the conclusion: Fuck EA Online. I haven't been able to connect to it all day to play BF4.

I'm

Is there something I need to do to open the disk tray?

I keep pressing the button but it just beeps three times :/

I felt like PSN ran a lot faster for me on this than it does on the PS3. Haven't seen any issues there thus far.

There is no tray, you just slide the disk in. ;)

Edit: Go figure, I guess I needed to quit the game and restart to connect to EA online.

That PS4 Wobbling/unstable video is full of shit. Mine is solid as a rock sitting on a flat surface.

That PS4 Wobbling/unstable video is full of shit. Mine is solid as a rock sitting on a flat surface.

I agree. I think that's one of several pieces of FUD that got floated out there this past week.

Mine wobbles exactly like the videos show if you press down on the front right corner.

weird, absolutely nothing on mine. Wonder if there are some units with heat issues when they were built out that warped ever so slightly.

Maybe next time they should curb stomp it while playing the game to make sure if disc moves or stays still when saving ass creed 4 mission.

wow, so it's wireless N on 2.4ghz network? i have my N network setup on 5ghz...that's disappointing. i guess i'm going Ethernet connection...:mad:

Why wouldn't you put your console on a wired connection in the first place? It's better than dealing with packet loss over wifi.

I'm enjoying mine. Knack game is not bar at all. It's a fun platformer and enjoying. You should rent it once and try it. Have not unwrapped AC yet so can't comment on it. Killzone only 1 hour or so into it and so far I am enjoying it.

Happy camper so far. Tempted on keeping the second PS4 for the master bedroom instead of returning it.

wow, so it's wireless N on 2.4ghz network? i have my N network setup on 5ghz...that's disappointing. i guess i'm going Ethernet connection...:mad:

Yeah that's how the Wii U and 360 are with the vita being 2.4 only and their pushing Remote play they kept it simple.

Back