The OFFICIAL post pics of your SFF thread...

yea np... the psu is a TC-1U40 I-STAR from rackmountnet.com I mounted it by drilling a few holes in the side of the case and then screwing it into the retaining bracket on the psu. I also needed to add a small piece of aluminum to hold the other end. I had to file the screw heads a little so that the side panel would still slide on. The psu is very sturdy... feels like part of the case. The only real drawback of how it's mounted is that it takes up 2 pci slots (basically makes the aria like a shuttle for slots). As for the wc I chose to go with the danger den ddc-12v pump because it's small and powerful and connects directly to the psu so no extra wire coming from the case. I mounted it where the card reader normally goes.. that little shelf was a nice resting place for it. Since the pump is a 3/8" fitting, I had to use a small fitting from lowes to make it compatible with the 1/2" maze 4 and radiator. The maze 4 was from my old system. I had to use the socket clamp cause the mobo didn't have any holes. The real reason I chose the aria was because of that nice 120mm opening in the back.. it fits the black ice extreme/pro perfectly... the black ice extreme normally comes with 2 straight 1/2" fittings but I needed one of them to be an elbow fitting so it would point down toward the water block and give a direct connection. I also installed a T-line fitting to allow for a fill port for the system. The hardest part of the wc setup was going from the water block to the pump.. it makes 2 90 degree turns which is hell on that tubing. I wanted the tubing flexible so it would lay flat so dual layer tubing was out of the question. I came up with using a series of clamps to keep the tubing from creasing and still allow for those 2 sharp turns. As a result there are no creases in the tubing so flow is not disturbed. The pump has quite a bit of head pressure so that T-line and elbow fitting don't really hurt flow rate either... also helps that there is very little tubing to pump through, I think maybe 2-3ft. I hope that answers your questions, sorry if it's a little long ;)

soltek-b2.jpg

sff-soltek.jpg

FullMetal said:
Nice! I am currently working on another Frag Box for me. I am water cooling it.
I like your SFF.

how are you WCing a fragbox, externally? or are you gonna hack up that nice 300$ case ;). Fill me in y0.

More soon. Sick today. I am pulling the hard drive holder out, and puting hard drive into floppy bay. then there is alot of room in front......more later...

FullMetal said:
AMS Ecube Case
P4 3.0E 800 FSB
6600 GT AGP
Ballistix 1 GB Ram
250 GB Sata HDD
DVD RW Combo drive
Front grill with Red LED Lights
Police Interceptor "sticker" off a CHP patrol car.

http://fullmetalhardware.com/archives/4.jpg

Updated 3-8-05

I added new pics, rewired whole inside and did a top hole.

http://fullmetalhardware.com/archives/sff1.jpg

http://fullmetalhardware.com/archives/sff4.jpg

http://fullmetalhardware.com/archives/sff3.jpg

http://fullmetalhardware.com/archives/1.jpg

http://fullmetalhardware.com/archives/intercept.jpg
How's that Rev. 2 cooler doing for you, my room is freezing and it is at 46c... :(

I've been a lurker here for ages, this is my first post of pics of my SFF. It is a lightly customized Monarch Hornet Pro:

Got an Athlon 64 3200+, BFG 6800nu, 250GB Maxtor SATA HDD, 1GB OCZ DDR400 and Sound Blaster Live! PCI inside. I replaced the 80mm stock fan with a blue LED job, and I replaced the carrying handle with a stainless 128mm drawer handle I found at a local hardware store.

- chadt

chadt said:
I've been a lurker here for ages, this is my first post of pics of my SFF. It is a lightly customized Monarch Hornet Pro:

Got an Athlon 64 3200+, BFG 6800nu, 250GB Maxtor SATA HDD, 1GB OCZ DDR400 and Sound Blaster Live! PCI inside. I replaced the 80mm stock fan with a blue LED job, and I replaced the carrying handle with a stainless 128mm drawer handle I found at a local hardware store.

- chadt

that's really nice dude. i like the anodized blue aluminum. how loud are the stock fans on that thing?

phoderpants said:
that's really nice dude. i like the anodized blue aluminum. how loud are the stock fans on that thing?
Well, I never even fired up the stock fans - although it was stated that they were low-noise models. If I remember correctly, it was a Panaflo, so it might be true. I never measured the decibels coming out of it now, but it is slightly loud. You can hear a constant "whooshing" sound, which I think is the sound of the air being sucked into the front grille. I removed the stock filter and the mount that held the filter in. I get better cooling and it actually sounded quieter once I removed the filter. Could be the air movement thing again...

The awesome color is advertised as "Indigo." It is some kind of irridescent blue-purple anodization. At some angles and lighting, it looks blue, while at other times, it looks purple. You probably noticed this in the two photos - one taken w/flash, the other ambient lighting.

Thanks for the comments, I think the Hornet is one of the best made SFFs out there today. I'm surprised more people don't pick one up.

Here's pics of my 3 month old SFF File server. Pardon the dust, I live in the dustiest place on Earth and the server spends its days in a cool dark corner.

server001.jpg

server002.jpg

It's made from a new motherboard, and spare parts I had lying about the house.
Athlon XP 1800+
MSI motherboard with nForce2 IGP
256MB PC2100
120GB Hard Drive
Runs Windows 2000 Server and in fact you're downloading the pics from it right now.

dsc002596iu.jpg

Shuttle SN25P, Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego, Corsair 2GB DDR Value Select PC3200 CAS3.0 Kit (2x1GB), Sapphire X850XT, Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Shuttle CR40 DVD Writer (Black), Sony 3.5 inch Floppy (Black) with Saitek Eclipse Keyboard, Razer Diamondback Plasma Mouse, Razer Exactmat, Sennheiser Headset, Logitech 2.1 Speakers, Saitek Joystick, and Hitachi 17" TFT Monitor.

The Boatman said:
dsc002596iu.jpg

Shuttle SN25P, Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego, Corsair 2GB DDR Value Select PC3200 CAS3.0 Kit (2x1GB), Sapphire X850XT, Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Shuttle CR40 DVD Writer (Black), Sony 3.5 inch Floppy (Black) with Saitek Eclipse Keyboard, Razer Diamondback Plasma Mouse, Razer Exactmat, Sennheiser Headset, Logitech 2.1 Speakers, Saitek Joystick, and Hitachi 17" TFT Monitor.

Let me guess, you play battlefield 2 with that system. :)

Nice.

Hey boatman, how's that razor optical mouse working out for you?

It looks small on that mouse pad. ^_^

The Boatman said:
dsc002596iu.jpg

whoa! i thought u cant fit a dual slot gfx card cooler card? an X850XTPE can fit in a shuttle? im thinking of buying this Shuttle Xpc Sn95g5... but do i need to change my X850XTPE? thanks :) any info would help :D

I have one but my setup isn't nice to look at :( it's sitting in my living room on a coffee table w/ altec lansing 2.1's. my dad's house is being remodelled right now and i'm living w/ my mom and I have no other room to put my puter in because she has a whole room for her work @ home thing. i'll post up shots as soon as my house is done....whenever the heck that is

Alright, here's my modded out SN45G. I got more mods in the future coming (like next week), but I figured I'd post these.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/keilbaca/Atari In PC/newfront.jpg

Yes, that's a atari 2600 cartridge, and yes that is a real live atari in the computer. The front needs a new paint job but that's in the works as well. Here's the wiring for it. http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/keilbaca/Atari In PC/IM002573.jpg

I have an older pic of when I dremeled in the fans into the comp: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/keilbaca/CIMG0799.jpg

And there's a 120mm in the back blowing out.

jEnkinsX said:
whoa! i thought u cant fit a dual slot gfx card cooler card? an X850XTPE can fit in a shuttle? im thinking of buying this Shuttle Xpc Sn95g5... but do i need to change my X850XTPE? thanks :) any info would help :D
In the SN25P Xpc, you can. the slots were reversed and are on the other side, so you ahve room to put in a dual slot :3

its a nice system to work with. had to rma my first one as the psu fan was bonkers and vibrated like those old fashion work out belts from the 50's LOL

yeah but its at the back so i dont see its a prob , and u had a fragbox2 u know theres no way i can mount a heatercore inside the case :p

the radiator? 3 screws with the swiftech mount box. one screw comes out from the top of the case ( on the top right corner of the psu) and 2 screws under the psu ( theres a "mesh" desigh under the psu with lots of holes u can use). i can get a pic if u need

condition0 said:
yeah but its at the back so i dont see its a prob , and u had a fragbox2 u know theres no way i can mount a heatercore inside the case :p

Actually.... :D

You can fit an 80mm rad on the HD cage, but thats only enough for cooling one thing, so, meh.

It 'extends' too much for my personal taste but it works nonetheless :)

yeah a 80mm rad couldnt offer a reasonable performance so thats y i went for a heatercore and im happy with the setup atm but will defo look into reduce the "extended look" in the future :p

My HTPC-SFF Silverstone LC11M.

Does that riser card support PCIe? Did it come with the case? Is the cooling and power supply adequate for your system plus the XFX? Is that a Silverstone HSF?

Sorry for all of the questions, but I wanted to get one of the cases in this series and wasn't sure if it would be enough to build a mild gaming system in.

MurphNutz said:
Does that riser card support PCIe? Did it come with the case? Is the cooling and power supply adequate for your system plus the XFX? Is that a Silverstone HSF?

Sorry for all of the questions, but I wanted to get one of the cases in this series and wasn't sure if it would be enough to build a mild gaming system in.

The original riser card that comes with the case is AGP only. The PCIe riser must be purchased separately. I used the wattage calculator (http://extreme.outervision.com) before choosing my components, and I get 307W 100% peak with my current setup in the sig plus 2xWDC2500KS Raid 0. No problem with the PSU so far. The HSF is SilverStone Nitrogon 3.0, its a bit noisy though, even with only 1 fan attached. Get a Zalman 7000b-CU, it fits the case just fine.

If you don't or just overclock a little bit, I would suggest getting a 7800 instead of 6800. I'll try to borrow a 7800GT & GTX from my friends, overclock everything and see what happen :)

Back