The *Official* Post Pics Of Your Network Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my workplace, a small university. I hope to get a SAN and a couple servers to virtualize all this shit in a month or two. In addition is a pic of our core switch, a Cat 4503 with sup IV engine, along with one of the main building's switch stack... we have about a dozen of these all over, some looking pristine and organized, others looking like crap :D

Here's my workplace, a small university. I hope to get a SAN and a couple servers to virtualize all this shit in a month or two. In addition is a pic of our core switch, a Cat 4503 with sup IV engine, along with one of the main building's switch stack... we have about a dozen of these all over, some looking pristine and organized, others looking like crap :D

pretty kickass :D

are those Poweredge 6850s on the bottom?

I know it's a bit messy :( I would love to redo our whole telco rack and core switch, but I'm paranoid about the all the fiber that's been run all over the place. I don't know why my predecessor decided to use these 25' fiber cables when the fiber patch is so close to our core. If it ain't broke, don't fix it I say.

Those Dell servers are 2900-series boxes... ideally I try to stick with all HP since I came aboard a year and a half ago, except we were forced to get those Dell servers for our voicemail system.

Anyways... I anticipate reducing the 3 server racks to 1 rack with 1 SAN and 7 servers in a completely virtualized environment. Another SAN will be located in a building across campus for disaster recovery in-case the entire building implodes... it should be fun times setting up this system :D

I know it's a bit messy :( I would love to redo our whole telco rack and core switch, but I'm paranoid about the all the fiber that's been run all over the place. I don't know why my predecessor decided to use these 25' fiber cables when the fiber patch is so close to our core. If it ain't broke, don't fix it I say.

Those Dell servers are 2900-series boxes... ideally I try to stick with all HP since I came aboard a year and a half ago, except we were forced to get those Dell servers for our voicemail system.

Anyways... I anticipate reducing the 3 server racks to 1 rack with 1 SAN and 7 servers in a completely virtualized environment. Another SAN will be located in a building across campus for disaster recovery in-case the entire building implodes... it should be fun times setting up this system :D
that should be kickass :D

Alright, here is my attempt. In the process of building a Cisco lab network, so just consider it a work in progress at the moment... I've got more equipment to add and lots of work left.

Cisco equipment (switches/routers) & Netgear switch

Linksys for home-network;

Few extra parts;

- Joey

Alright, here is my attempt. In the process of building a Cisco lab network, so just consider it a work in progress at the moment... I've got more equipment to add and lots of work left.

Cisco equipment (switches/routers) & Netgear switch

Linksys for home-network;

Few extra parts;

- Joey
most of your pictures are not working...
lol whats with that fan?

idk...extreme overclocking :p :D ;) :cool: :)

A pic of some of the new Cisco gear at work. Not in the picture are the 3 Cat 4506's and 3 3750G-48's.

@ AMD_RULES: Yeah, I've notice ImageShack having some problems. I may have to get those put up on my server instead of using ImageShack. As for the fan, it just helps to cool the routers, they tend to get hot.

Side note: I just picked up some larger 7dbi antennas for the main Linksys wireless G router. Aside from my ISP not cooperating, they work nicely. I'll get an updated pic thrown up soon.

- Joey

Nice! Why not 4507R's?

Couldn't justify the 7th slot. :(

Edit: Just remembered, it's on order for next year, but we'll be getting about $500,000 worth of Cisco gear. And we do have 4507's on that order along with a ton of 3750G's and 2960G's. Great thing about working for a school district is, that $500,000 will only cost us about $70,000 after E-Rate.

Couldn't justify the 7th slot. :(

Edit: Just remembered, it's on order for next year, but we'll be getting about $500,000 worth of Cisco gear. And we do have 4507's on that order along with a ton of 3750G's and 2960G's. Great thing about working for a school district is, that $500,000 will only cost us about $70,000 after E-Rate.

I understand if you can't justify it. It just cracks me up when my customers are like "This is mission critical, it cannot go down" and won't spend the extra money on a 4507R with redundant sup's.

I do a lot of cisco school work, e-rate is great. We just got a $1.5million deal with the City of Dayton (Ohio) Public School systems to replace/upgrade their network with Cisco gear.

Yea, it's not that mission critical for us, so no need for it. We'll have a spare sup to take out if it dies but don't really need to spend the extra money for the failover. A few of our sites have Cat's with redundant sup's.

img0566kz2.jpg

Server on top runs pretty much everything, including my newly created rather rubbish Forum. I really have no idea where half the casing went except it isn't there now. :confused: Also note the HDD.

Server on the bottom is my IPCop box.

Also ignore the messy room. :eek:

You think your server is bad :-P just wait until i get home and post mine!

Server on top runs pretty much everything, including my newly created rather rubbish Forum. I really have no idea where half the casing went except it isn't there now. :confused: Also note the HDD.

Server on the bottom is my IPCop box.

Also ignore the messy room. :eek:

That's a gateway isn't it? I snagged the P-III 550 out of there and stuck it my other gateway board inside my 97 P-II 233 Vaio box, lol. Using it as my FTP server atm

Been meaning to post the work config for a while now. Since the Monowall box is installed, its as good of an occasion as any. :)

48796625cn8.jpg

The wallpaper is off of interfacelift. ( http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/details.php?id=859 )
Thats my personal box that I've got laying in the bottom of the rack.It streams radio for the boss' tv so its all good. ;)

Thats the work setup. My home setup is some pages back: http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1030538478&postcount=1828
However, the images are dead. *Notes to rehost those

can i ask about how you got that monitor rack? did you make it or buy it?

Its made by a company called AIS. (Model: RM7109)
It takes up quite a bit of room at 9u, but it serves as a cctv monitor whenever it isn't being used to work on the machines in the rack.

Heres my home config:
flightcasepy4.jpg

Ebay works wonders... Believe that set us back $400 nib. Hell the rack, a brand new BlackBox cabinet, only cost $100. Justifying expenses is hard around here so I have to be resourceful.:D

Ebay works wonders... Believe that set us back $400 nib. Hell the rack, a brand new BlackBox cabinet, only cost $100. Justifying expenses is hard around here so I have to be resourceful.:D

you got the blackbox cabinet for only $100!!!?

Blackbox makes good cabinets, but most cost over $1k...

nice find ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back