The *Official* Post Pics Of Your Network Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ksanders2006 said:
Caaaaaabbblllee management :cool:
There was order once... :D

Zero_Distortion said:
Is that a single drive bezel occupying two 3.5" bays?

It is a rubber band thingy that absorbs the vibrations, it only uses 1 space I just gave it some room to breathe...

46 HP P4 HT 3.0's W/ 512mg - 30 in the wall driving the monitors, 16 more at four workstations with four of the same systems each driving one of four 15" HP LCD's
The flash made the wall look bad, but it actually looks very good. Black wall's just dont make for good photographs.

hpwall2.jpg

My humble little network.
NetWork1.jpg
NetWork2.jpg

One of the benefits of buying a new home. There was an option for a video distribution pack, but it wasn't worth the extra $1500.
NetWork3.jpg

Built-in signal amplifier, the cable modem is split out before the signal amp. Elcheapo 100Mbit switch.
NetWork4.jpg

Cable modem and firewall/wireless router for my notebook. The grey cat 5 is for the network and the blue cat 5 is for the phone line.
NetWork5.jpg

The tangle of power packs. and blue smurf tube if I need to expand into the crawl space (there is another that goes from the crawl space to the attic)
NetWork6.jpg

I have these in just about every room. Two RG6, 1 RJ-11, and 1 RJ-45

JustLong said:
NetWork1.jpg
NetWork2.jpg

One of the benefits of buying a new home. There was an option for a video distribution pack, but it wasn't work the extra $1500

What would that have included?

JustLong, how difficult do you suppose it would be to do that to another home? Did you do that yourself? Im considering doing the same in my home having jacks in every room with cable, ethernat and phone all nice and neet. Instead of running them on the walls in plain sight!

Sorikan said:
46 HP P4 HT 3.0's W/ 512mg - 30 in the wall driving the monitors, 16 more at four workstations with four of the same systems each driving one of four 15" HP LCD's
The flash made the wall look bad, but it actually looks very good. Black wall's just dont make for good photographs.

hpwall2.jpg
WTF is all that for?!

JustLong said:
[IMG.]http://nitsuj.org/images/H/NetWork1.jpg[/IMG]
NetWork2.jpg

One of the benefits of buying a new home. There was an option for a video distribution pack, but it wasn't work the extra $1500.
[IMG.]http://nitsuj.org/images/H/NetWork3.jpg[/IMG]
Built-in signal amplifier, the cable modem is split out before the signal amp. Elcheapo 100Mbit switch.
[IMG.]http://nitsuj.org/images/H/NetWork4.jpg[/IMG]
Cable modem and firewall/wireless router for my notebook. The grey cat 5 is for the network and the blue cat 5 is for the phone line.
[IMG.]http://nitsuj.org/images/H/NetWork5.jpg[/IMG]
The tangle of power packs. and blue smurf tube if I need to expand into the crawl space (there is another that goes from the crawl space to the attic)
[IMG.]http://nitsuj.org/images/H/NetWork6.jpg[/IMG]
I have these in just about every room. Two RG6, 1 RJ-11, and 1 RJ-45

Now thats what I'm talking about. I have to say though, for $1500 more on a 100K+ home seems like chump change. If it was like S-vid or RCA i probably would have done it, especially if it came with any kind of video system that let you watch different shows in different rooms. I mean put a computer on the end of all that and i'm sure you could do it. awesome setup though, nothing sexier than a house full of cat5e-6 :p

cybertron said:
Now thats what I'm talking about. I have to say though, for $1500 more on a 100K+ home seems like chump change. If it was like S-vid or RCA i probably would have done it, especially if it came with any kind of video system that let you watch different shows in different rooms. I mean put a computer on the end of all that and i'm sure you could do it. awesome setup though, nothing sexier than a house full of cat5e-6 :p
The house was $284k :p
The video stuff was a little box with Svid and RCA audio in and RG6 out. That transmitted on the 2nd set of RG6 on channel 3. Since I have a media center I just use MXE extenders for that purpose.

Zero_Distortion said:
JustLong, how difficult do you suppose it would be to do that to another home? Did you do that yourself? Im considering doing the same in my home having jacks in every room with cable, ethernat and phone all nice and neet. Instead of running them on the walls in plain sight!

I had it done while the house was being built so it wasn't very expensive and relatively easy. On and existing home I'm sure the cost would go way up to have it done and would be difficult. If you want the same type of thing you can go here to fine out more: http://www.homedirector.com

Looks like sky scrapers, but then you notice they are LEDs. Seriously makes me think of some movie I have seen, but can't name it.

Repuls said:
uhhhhh green fibers :eek:

Actually theyre realy unspectacular... the green ones are single mode fibers... :rolleyes:

really? all the green fiber I have ever seen is 50/125 multimode for 10GE.

oh so many great quotes from that movie come to mind
cool.gif

now if you'll excuse me, im off to hack the gibson
(read: write lame java programming homework)

PlusLabs said:
11.jpg

I guess I can show you what cars who drives to work...

are those ur cars? if so what do u do? ive always wanted a maybach for as long as i could remember, kinda my life long goal.

thanks

hmmm ...

i can't afford the Rack and Gig switch this month ... but my 3rd 1U case arrvied today :D (eBay)

EATX, 400W EPS PSU, 4 HDD bays, Slim Floppy&CD-ROM included and Rack mounting equipment ...

i'll post some pics later ;)

ne0-reloaded said:
are those ur cars? if so what do u do? ive always wanted a maybach for as long as i could remember, kinda my life long goal.

thanks

Nope, not mine.

img11059kc.th.jpg

Dual Server Box P3 866
img11065xf.th.jpg

Printer and Sub Woofer
img11073we.th.jpg

Network Patch Pannel,Router,Cable Modem (a little dark sorry)
img11082re.th.jpg

Shutle X on top of my FX53
img11094qq.th.jpg

Cobalt Qube 3 Front
img11107fi.th.jpg

Cobalt Qube 3 Back
img11126oo.th.jpg

Cobalt Qube 3 Manual
img11115zw.th.jpg

Suse Linux FTP Box

Yes, some things are sideways. Crappy cell phone cam, sorry. Im selling most of this stuff so this is probably temporary.

Rack
04-07-05_1123.jpg

Top Of Rack
04-07-05_1124.jpg

Top To Bottom / Left to Right:
8 Port KVM
APC Rackmount Surge protector
Cable Modem
VOIP Gateway
Wireless Access Point
Phone
24 Port Dlink 10/100 Switch

Middle Of Rack
04-07-05_1125.jpg

My old trusty AMD 1800+ box (20gb, 256MB Ram) Folding Box Basically
APC Back-Ups 750 (For Router, Cable Modem, VOIP, and Phone)

Bottom Of Rack:
04-07-05_1126.jpg

Trusty Proliant 6000 (3 raid 5 arrays, 4xppro 200mhz, 1gb ram, 3x750 watt PSU)

Main Rig
04-07-05_1127.jpg

Gigabyte K8N Pro
AMD 64 3200+
1.5 GB Ram (Shitty Ram, wanna trade 1gb good for 1.5 avg? :D )
120GB Maxtor
9700 Pro

Where I sit my butt down
04-07-05_1128.jpg

Samsung 171MP (With built in TV Tuner, PIP is a great thing. KVM and XBOX hooked into it)
Logitech 700MX duo
some 2.1 channel Buy.com altec lansing specials (they sound good)
Webcam (to show off my girls when i have them)

Not Shown:
4U server case (will have guts soon, my old asus board and 2500+ mobile)
Xbox
Dads computer
Brothers Computer
My Lappy

what can i say, i have a weakness for good deals, so all this stuff is in my living room :D

passport.jpg

there are 260 ports in that pic :eek:

Ok I just want to know what everyone's energy bills are like. Also for all of the people with web servers, what is your connections speed? I mean crap. My network consists of my modem, my router, and my crappy access point for when I can't connect to the router.

i dunno about where anyone else lives, but here in Ontario, it bet it would be very high. Heres my modest... and messy home network. In the fall i'll be getting a laptop so that means wireless router and i'll probably get a gigE switch so my desktop and server can talk faster to eachother.

network.jpg

I've been meaning to buy some 3ft cables for the modem, printserver, wall jacks but i cant justify the shipping cost since its only $12 for 4 cables. Until then it will remain like a birds nest.

Dephcon said:
I've been meaning to buy some 3ft cables for the modem, printserver, wall jacks but i cant justify the shipping cost since its only $12 for 4 cables. Until then it will remain like a birds nest.

just buy a spool and make cables

IIRC, you can buy heat-shrink style booties of some sort...

@FLECOM: WTF is all that stuff? some procurve's and a giant nortel thing?

I am thoroughly jealous though :D

Framerate said:
Also for all of the people with web servers, what is your connections speed?
I have a webserver, but its mostly used by myself and only a few close friends, so it does not get heavy load.
The speeds are about 4000down/384up (Kb/s) for my cable home set-up
For my school setup its about 7000down/1000up (Kb/s).... eaither T1 or T3, not sure.

Framerate said:
Also for all of the people with web servers, what is your connections speed?
Shitty Comcast, I accctually have my own forum on this damn slow connection. but I only have about 15 members. Mostly my RL Friends. But yeah my FTP maxes out @ about 50Kbps :(. But yea, FIOS is coming 15/5 :D.

network.jpg

My little network, nothing fancy. Linksys router, Linksys access point and Linksys 8 port switch with motorolla surf board cable modem.

and the single most powerful tool to any tech, a paper clip :eek:

My network consists of a cable modem, a network card going into the computer, a network card sending the internet to my computer, and a network card in my computer recieving the connection. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back