The *Official* Post Pics Of Your Network Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, I want to make my galleries big, so please do not hesitate to upload all of your computer/networking related pictures here

draconius said:
not to throw this in anyones favor
but I have the video of one of Nvidias data centers
all those sexy SUN machines with GB's of ram and 8 processors and such, as well as the racks upon racks full of 1U dual processor /2gb ram poweredge servers. its pretty kick ass looking.
hah the guy giving the tour has to yell because all the equipment is so loud:D

oh and i guess since i mentioned poweredges, i have to put a pic of some high performing basic athlons so i dont make anyone mad now :p
These are pics from a beowulf cluster"The Cube"

thecube2.jpg

damn... just.. just damn....

owned.gif

Here's my rather haphazard network. I live in a big "frat house", which isn't really a frat as my church owns it and we have about 25 UoMN students from our church living here. The network has been built in little segments over the years until I took it over about a year and a half ago and tried to instill some hardness into it.

Cable modem and 16 port switch in our office in the basement.
IMG_0950.jpg

From the modem it goes to my clark connect router (the box on the far right). Also shown are laser printer, inkjet, and fax machine. And if you can't read it, the note on the router's moniter is "Don't touch me, I'm making the internet work". To which someone added, "thanks Al Gore", and so my router was given a name.
IMG_0951.jpg

From the router, we go back to the above shown switch which serves all the machine's in our office and sends a line up to the third floor. To another switch and wireless AP which gets ethernet to all the second and third floor.
IMG_0952.jpg

And for scale, our thrid floor network hardware is placed high up to keep it out of the reach of curious fingers.
IMG_0943.jpg

Lastly is a little computer lounge I just finished building in a little nook on our 1st floor. Only spend about 300$ to get it all together, so the machines are pretty slow, but they're fine for typing papers and checking e-mail. I also managed to find the 2 most finicky wifi cards in the world to put in these machines.
lounge.jpg

Kool setup Alyosha... nice starting point if you plan on becoming a network admin or similar later on down the road.

Here's my current setup at home:

Network-2005.jpg

enforcer17 said:
Kool setup Alyosha... nice starting point if you plan on becoming a network admin or similar later on down the road.

Here's my current setup at home:

Network-2005.jpg

you can connect your receiver to your network????? thats awesome! what all can you do with it that way?

After all the photos its time for some different Stuff...

If ben working on this Render for some time now... kind of "Post Pics Of Your Modelled Network Stuff" :p

Its a Cisco Catalyst 6506 Chassis with some Line Cards and a Supervisor Engine 720...

Here we go

Back_Preview.jpg

Front2_Preview.jpg

Front5_Preview.jpg

Front9_Preview.jpg

Front11_Preview.jpg

Front10_Preview.jpg

Have Fun

Repuls

@DoMeHardR
Thx :)

@jeffmoss26
Its done in Cinema 4D...

@ikari303

Front14_Preview.jpg

Here you go :rolleyes:
Its the WS-X6802-10GE Line Card with two 10GbE SC Ports...

Have Fun

Repuls

They use one of these (different config though, but similar chassis I believe) at Quakecon for the core switch. I believe it was 1gb to each outer switch which were at the tables. Reason I mentioned that is because QC had roughly 3000 people in the BYOC, so it can handle alot more then 50, lol.

We also use that setup for larger LAN Partys...
Catalyst 6506 with Sup2 and 5 WS-X6408A-GBIC (8 Port GBIC) which connect to the Userswitches...

And yes... it can handel alot more than 50 Users :p

We also use 4000 Series Catalysts...

switches.jpg

netzwerk_6.jpg

uhhhhh green fibers :eek:

Actually theyre realy unspectacular... the green ones are single mode fibers... :rolleyes:

I'll get better pics sometime with my other cam...

The xbox

xbox.JPG

All of my networking gear...mostly old school. SMC 802.11b Router, 8 Port Hub(10mb ew), 12 port Hubstack Hub (10mb ew), and cable modem. The hubs currently are attached to my brothers game pc and his xbox ;). The Router hooks into my two servers, my main PC, and the hub over the wired network. Laptop on the wireless network. Router also serves as the networks main firewall.

Hubs.JPG

The Windows 200 Server Box. Print Server, and soon to be webserving. Only has a PIII Katmai in it, but it folds full time.

Also my laptop. PIII, used for browsing web.

server2lappy.JPG

My other server. Runs Windows XP Pro. 768mb Ram and a Celeron. Folds full time, but should be a game server soemtime soon. Probably DOD.

server1.JPG

My main rig. Oh so beautiful. 2.8P4 @ 3.4. Runs folding full time. Dual displays, 4.1 surround sound, and a 19" TV.

The monitors are a HUGE Sun, and a KDS/ Both look nice.

commandcentral.JPG

My old PC, brothers new PC. 1.3 Duron. Folds full time.
Plays CS just fine, but not much else.

pc2.JPG

Well, theres the network, Everything that needs speeds is connected right off the router, everything else connected to the hubs.

Eventually I'll get a nice switch, but money is tight now.

Will hopefully be adding more folding boxen soon.

enforcer17 said:
That's my HTPC.

You can find the case here
You were off to a good start with the naming scheme. Skyline, S2000..Integra just scrapes in. But where the hell does Civic fit in? :p

Sweet Case too. Thinkin I'll use the same for my next HTPC.

the naming convention was based on cars and how fast they were. I named that one civic cuz it's only a PII 450 MHz :p

enforcer17 said:
the naming convention was based on cars and how fast they were. I named that one civic cuz it's only a PII 450 MHz :p
ahh.. now it makes sense..

U know all you have to do is slap a NOS sticker on that PII box and you could rename it too Murcielago. :D

Update to my previous post.

Before
RackInAction.jpg

After
RackInAction-022305.jpg

From top to bottom:

Dell E173FP (temporary)
Bay Networks Baystack 350T
4 port KVM
Beige System - Bubba: 1.4ghz Athlon XP, 512MB RAM, 320gb storage
Black System - Hotep: P3 700 @ 933mhz, 384MB RAM
Compaq 1850R - Boomstick: 2x500Mhz P3, 640MB RAM, 73GB 10krpm SCSI