The *Official* Post Pics Of Your Network Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
PlusLabs said:
Haha... no... not FIOS, more like OC-3 155mbps/155mbps for $12,000 a month. :D

I just want to say one thing. PlusLabs, I hate you. :D

You better show us some more pictures when you get more equipment hooked up in there.

corran_horn314 said:
I just want to say one thing. PlusLabs, I hate you. :D

You better show us some more pictures when you get more equipment hooked up in there.
I am sure he will, he can't help but brag. (I don't see a problem with it though, since I find it fun to look at)

detroit1.JPG

detroit side campus LAN

autodiscovery/autodrawing by nortel optivity.

pp8600s for core routing, pp8300 for core distribution.

For a home network, everyone pretty much has a similiar ip address scheme...but who cares, do what you want.

@ my new job....anybody ever heard of this brand of switch before? I have _NO_ clue where it came from :eek:

Click for fullsize images...

Z3Px said:
For a home network, everyone pretty much has a similiar ip address scheme...but who cares, do what you want.

maybe for home but not for business,

it's a security risk no matter how you look at it.

rcolbert said:
And more Visio

(good Lord, I've been posting this link everywhere...)

I can only guess how many copyright violations that picture must contain :D (j/k)

Scheizekopf said:
Nice setup. Post some real pics.

So here's a few pics. (Click for larger images)

The TV itself and close up of equipment. Note that the flash washes out the picture a little:

So I took a few shots with the flash off. The pictures below are from me sitting in front of the TV with a digital camera and no flash. The video image is being presented by the Roku HD1000 from a file being read across the network stored on the file server. Full DVD quality. Note that the photo resolution has been reduced to almost 50% already:

As for the Den, please forgive the wiring mess. We just moved in before the holidays and I've yet to get all the right length cables to do a good dressing job. Note the golf ball in the background of the gamingPC was for my 206 yard hole in one!

That's about it....

Xipher said:
Do you use Minicom (like for *nix). I have never been able to figure out how the heck to get it to work for that type of thing.

Code:
minicom -s
will go into a setup mode where you enter in the baud rate, parity etc..

Save setting and connect.

When I left for college, I left my home network in a bit of disarray...its amazing how gnarly cat5 can really get :eek: (click for fullsize image)

When I was home for Christmas break, I finally cleaned everything up just a bit...(click for fullsize image)

What's up, I just setup some galleries on my site:

http://www.xipi.net/~cklim/pics/

There is a section called User Gallery where you can upload your pictures and what not.

I update them almost everyday with stuff that I find on my hard drive so check back often... :D

PlusLabs said:

There is a section called User Gallery where you can upload your pictures and what not.

I update them almost everyday with stuff that I find on my hard drive so check back often... :D

Thx PlusLabs for your gallery link.... that saved my day :D
Very nice pics... !!

I will check back often :)

What does Plus Labs do for a living to afford and need the stuff he has at home?

PlusLabs said:

That's awesome PlusLabs. Thanks for the pics. Is it okay to upload and host off your server?

Scheizekopf said:
That's awesome PlusLabs. Thanks for the pics. Is it okay to upload and host off your server?

Yeah, I don't care.

I am also in the process of mirroring the [H] gallery from some one, who shall remain unnamed at a lovely 29.9kB/s :p

PlusLabs said:
Yeah, I don't care.

I am also in the process of mirroring the [H] gallery from some one, who shall remain unnamed at a lovely 29.9kB/s :p
That's nice of you. Thanks.

PlusLabs said:
Yeah, I don't care.

HEY!! That's my domain!! :p (hardnetworking.com)

I have to admit, i think it makes them look better.

That or red, a whole stack of them! now that would just look evil! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back