The *Official* Post Pics Of Your Network Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by ipconfig /all
1_inner_duct1.jpg

300' of Inner-Duct and 10,000' of mule tape to be run to strategic locations.

2_inner_duct2.jpg

The typical installation of the Inner-Duct throughout the house.

3_riser_pole.jpg

The riser pole that connects the basement to the attic.

I like the panduit action. When I build a house I'm definately going that route. Makes things so much easier to add more later on.

yeah, definately looks like the way to go

Oh, and I think it's CONduit... unless there's some subtle difference :-p

yeah, that is conduit or innerduct. Panduit is a manufacturer of jacks, wallplates, patch panels, raceway, etc.

Originally posted by jeffmoss26
yeah, that is conduit or innerduct. Panduit is a manufacturer of jacks, wallplates, patch panels, raceway, etc.

yep, you're right. got my duct's and duit's mixed up :D

When I get a house up, I'd like to do the same thing. I'd like to put jacks everywhere known to mankind :)

Originally posted by ipconfig /all
I deal with tons of switches, routers, servers, cabling and Active Directory everyday at work. At the end of the workday, I just want to drink a few beers and not think about work. If I had to listen to the sound of equipment, I'd feel like I was still at work.

Not to mention the cost of electricty. Ouch!

could not agree more, last night i lost it, my soho router died for the last time, it ended up at the other end of the room. and i brought back up the linux coyote linux box. suffice it to say, i went on rampage ;)

Originally posted by Morpheus256
could not agree more, last night i lost it, my soho router died for the last time, it ended up at the other end of the room. and i brought back up the linux coyote linux box. suffice it to say, i went on rampage ;)
I know some really 'nice' peope that can help you... Don't be put off by their van or white uniforms.. Their really 'friendly'.. :D

Originally posted by SKiTLz
I know some really 'nice' peope that can help you... Don't be put off by their van or white uniforms.. Their really 'friendly'.. :D

I know the people you are talking about, they come over quite often.... when we go out for the evening, we are all wearing white, but they have a strange thing where they want me to get in a shirt, with backwards sleeves ? They call it the white jacket :)

ROTFLMAO! nice! yeah, i had a moment yesterday, im in the process of rebuilding my file server for a much due upgrade (i got good prices on used shit)

origioanlly p3-550 512 ram
and 5X9.1 scsi's in r5

now/soon to be when complete

dual p3 450's 512 ram
and 9X9.1scsi's in R5

just reloading the os as we speak now, 2003 runs great on this hw.

Computer Room with all most of the computers in the house:
IMG_0002.JPG

Netgear 8 port switch, router, wireless AP, intel print server and cable modem
IMG_0003.JPG

An old toshiba celeron 500MHz as a server for www.atomicfire.net
IMG_0004.JPG

3Com superstack as main switch, UPS for the file server, Compaq Proliant Server running Red Hat Linux 9.0 as file server. THe comp on the right is a stand, not being used.
IMG_0005.JPG

Just another shot - without flash with the blinking lights.
IMG_0006.JPG

A Netgear 8 port Switch + Netgear Router and AP
An old Toshiba for the server to www.atomicfire.net
Basement switch is a 3Com Superstack 8 port and file server

what camera is did you take those pics with, they are very crisp and detailed, and what are the specs on that fine dually you've built for yourself there? :D

Specs for Camera :

Fujifilm S304, Macro, no flash, 3 MegaP -> Pics shrinked down from 2048

And it took a dozen pics to get the effekt i wanted ... it needs the right angle and light to get such cool pisc - i have hundreds that look crappy from this session ...

Specs from Dually :

Tyan Thunder 860
460W WTX PSU
2*2.4GHz Xeon
4*128MB PC800 Samsung
PNY Fx5800 @ Ultra
WD Raptor for the OS
RAIDCore 4852 8 Channel RAID5 SATA Controller and 4*160GB Hitachi drives for Data :eek:

Finisched swappin cases :D

Abit IC7
P4 2.53 @ 3.0 w/ SLK900U
4*256MB Infineon PC333 @ 200 2-2-2-6 :eek:
Albatron GF4Ti4600
IBM 180GXP 80GB
IBM 180GXP 60GB
IBM 60GXP 60GB
2*Samsung 160GB in RAID1

450W Levicom PSU

3*92mm + 120mm Enermax Adjustable Fans :cool:

cube-ic7-1.jpg

cube-ic7-2.jpg

cube-ic7-3.jpg

Dually Xeon ... i replaced the annoying Intel Fans with nice YS Techs i had lying around :cool:

xeon-1018-1.jpg

xeon-1018-2.jpg

Dude, that is like the shiznet. Impressive. Where did you get that keyboard? i want A xeon

I don't seem them very often...they just come up once or twice a month on ebay...

Where do you guys buy racks? I need a 4-post rack or a enclosure (ie. cabinet) and the shipping is a KILLER on ebay (at least $120-150) and none of the sellers are close enough to me that pickup would be logical. 42u for me would be overkill, but something around 22-25u would be nice.

Got some pictures reformatted and un-uglyfyed (kinda):

This is the mail upstairs switch - Netgear 8 port switch, Netgear 4 port Router and AP, and Motorola Surfboard Cable modem and POS Intel Pro/100 Print Server:
IMG_0001.JPG

My computer workstation. Left is my computer (PIII 1GHz) with a 21-inch Sun Microsystems moniter and Acer 14 inch moniter with an IBM clicky keyboard and my modded infrared mouse. Then in the middle is my video proccessing computer (the black tower) (dually PII 400Mhz) on a POS Dell moniter, then is my laptop docking station (laptop is in my hands now) and then the network junk on the right. Directly below the network junk is the web server\FTP server\mail server\CS server\everything web server on our DMZ address running Red Hat Linux 9.
IMG_0002.JPG

Closeup of web server (Celeron 500Mhz)
IMG_0004.JPG

Closeup of my computer with ghetto front USB mod
IMG_0005.JPG

Closeup of video proccessing computer - currently dubbing Cowboy Bebop from DVD to Divx
IMG_0006.JPG

My Dad's computers - top is Shuttle XPC FN41G2 AMD Athlon XP 2500+ linux box (were working on MythTV (www.mythtv.org) and below that is his main computer with P4 2.4C
IMG_0007.JPG

My dad's whole setup with his Sun 21 inch beast
IMG_0008.JPG

Switch\router\AP\print server with lights off ooooo blinking lights
IMG_0009.JPG

Basement core switch (3com superstack) and file server (Compaq Prosignia) on fiber 100FX link to switch on a $10 APC UPS.
IMG_0010.JPG

My mom's\family computer. Very modest setup with Celeron 400
IMG_0011.JPG

LAN gaming computers. Each has CS and Starcraft on it. I bring my laptop down and we have had a few good times on this setup.
IMG_0012.JPG

The crappiest switch EVER - NEVER get this compaq switch. It crashes all the time!! Used for LAN computers above.
IMG_0013.JPG

Moving that carmen sandiego CD away from the switch might keep the crashing down to a minimum :D

Originally posted by Pixeleet
Where do you guys buy racks? I need a 4-post rack or a enclosure (ie. cabinet) and the shipping is a KILLER on ebay (at least $120-150) and none of the sellers are close enough to me that pickup would be logical. 42u for me would be overkill, but something around 22-25u would be nice.
When on eBay, check out guys who are selling racks in your area. Big plus if you own or have access to a truck. I own a truck, so it wasn't hard to go pick mine up. $250 for a brand new HP Rack without paying for shipping = teh w1n. :)

Originally posted by Blitzrommel
Moving that carmen sandiego CD away from the switch might keep the crashing down to a minimum :D

Believe it or not the switch gets too hot to hold when itsbeing used. I opened it up and it had a strip of copper metal as a heatsink. Not a real heatsink, mind you just a strip of copper. I had to take off the pastic ring around the metal compaq logo in the center to get it to work for more than 5 minutes at a time

Originally posted by SKiTLz
I see that superstack is being worked hard! :D

Hehe, it is just for people to plug into if they don't have wireless when they come over.

Originally posted by AtomicFire
Ahh nurv...is that a one-way teleco return cable modem I see?

No,it's one of those crappy Surfboard modems Charter gives you.

Believe it or not the switch gets too hot to hold when itsbeing used. I opened it up and it had a strip of copper metal as a heatsink. Not a real heatsink, mind you just a strip of copper. I had to take off the pastic ring around the metal compaq logo in the center to get it to work for more than 5 minutes at a time
Wow, kudos to Compaq for making a piece of crap like that. Considered getting one of those gigafast switches that were so hot (not literally) a month or two ago?

Lifted a 3Com Superstack a few months ago off the [H] forums. I love that switch. If only it was a little quieter, that thing is like a hairdryer when its on.

Lifted a 3Com Superstack a few months ago off the [H] forums. I love that switch. If only it was a little quieter, that thing is like a hairdryer when its on.
Yea all the superstacks I've used have been jet engines. Really not appealing for soho gurus that like silence.

We had about ten superstacks at my last lan. All stacked about 3ftf away from me.

Needless to say, even with my closed headphones I picked up my shit and moved to the other side of the room after about 15min. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back