The *Official* Post Pics Of Your Network Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by SKiTLz
Yea all the superstacks I've used have been jet engines. Really not appealing for soho gurus that like silence.

We had about ten superstacks at my last lan. All stacked about 3ftf away from me.

Needless to say, even with my closed headphones I picked up my shit and moved to the other side of the room after about 15min. :D

Suppossidly the new Superstack III's are whisper quiet. I want one of those! I could also really use trunking too, my Superstack II doesn't have that feature. =(

a preview of my upcoming project

IMG_3157.jpg

whoa momma thats a whole ton a fiber there!

The largest fiber network I've seen was at my church - they run 2 fiber lines from their chapel to the main building...

man i wanna live in the us. ebay.com has chassis galore.

Costs me like $300 after shipping taxes etc to get any U chassis to my door.

Not too sure what that chassis is though. Looks like cable rings inside the front door?

More pics. :D

Looking at it closer... I dont know what the hell it is. Looks like only about half the depth.... Then again I know as much about fiber as bush does about countries outside north america..

Trust FLECOM to make us all jealous of his fiber gizmos and gadgets :p

can't wait for more pics.

front

IMG_3158.jpg

close up of the connectors, some have caps

IMG_3159.jpg

the back

IMG_3160.jpg

oh noes!

IMG_3161.jpg

scarylaser.gif

close up of the back, Siecor label

IMG_3162.jpg

(its a fiber patch panel btw... lots and lots of SC ports :))

and it just looks sexy

Originally posted by valve1138
Looks sweet. What you going to use it for?

well, all the fibers that im going to run around the house are going to terminate in the siecor box...

plus i may take out some of the empty covers and use it as a shelf for my DSL modem or something

Originally posted by FLECOM
well, all the fibers that im going to run around the house are going to terminate in the siecor box...

plus i may take out some of the empty covers and use it as a shelf for my DSL modem or something

You only have about 10 computers, kinda pointless :rolleyes:

I would have rolled in a 340 port switch and over 100 fiber connections, but that is severe overkill

Originally posted by SupaFly99
You only have about 10 computers, kinda pointless :rolleyes:

I would have rolled in a 340 port switch and over 100 fiber connections, but that is severe overkill

then your in the wrong forum buddy :p

then your in the wrong forum buddy :p

I think I'm in the right forum... my network will blow holes in yours. But that is not what it is all about.

I think I'm in the right forum... my network will blow holes in yours. But that is not what it is all about.
let go of your epennis's boys... no need for a pissing contest! ;)

bring it :p

I have a small 1 car garage in my backyard that could easily be furnished and turned into a pc workshop....and then give me an excuse to run fiber from that to my house....hmmm

bring it :p

bia, your on :eek:

Pics comming soon ;)

PS. Should I start with my corebuilder 9000 or the 3Com 3600's? Perhaps the two quads I have?

bia, your on :eek:

Pics comming soon ;)

PS. Should I start with my corebuilder 9000 or the 3Com 3600's? Perhaps the two quads I have?
you can start with pictures so we all don't think your full of crap.

i bet there were probably about 10 people that were all excited and about to post pictures of the new linksys befsr41 that just hung themselves with it's powerbrick after looking at this thread :D

SupaFly... STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM ANY MORE AUCTIONS...

I think your addicted their mate.... :D

I dunno if theres AA like classes for this sort of thing but you should look into it... :p

Originally posted by SKiTLz
SupaFly... STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM ANY MORE AUCTIONS...

I think your addicted their mate.... :D

I dunno if theres AA like classes for this sort of thing but you should look into it... :p

LOL... I can't. I love ebay. If I had anymore money left, I'd invest it in their stocks ;)

ok i know you sold almost all that 3Com stuff in the rack, and a bunch of your dualies in FS/FT... so how about pics of your CURRENT network setup :p

oh and my camera > your camera ;)

IMG_0542s.jpg

ok i know you sold almost all that 3Com stuff in the rack, and a bunch of your dualies in FS/FT... so how about pics of your CURRENT network setup :p

oh and my camera > your camera ;)

IMG_0542s.jpg

Yes, I sold a lot of things here and there.

Also, what camera? I have the Sony Mavica MVC-CD500

The most current setup would be my last pic post. I change it more than the weather changes here.

Canon 10D

28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM

6.3Mp mmmm :D

Canon 10D

28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM

6.3Mp mmmm :D

LoL okay, you beat me there... but this is the networking forum... not the digital photagraphy ;) Show me your net ;)

LoL okay, you beat me there... but this is the networking forum... not the digital photagraphy ;) Show me your net ;)

well, its not done... like i said i am redoing a lot of it... when i start working on it i will post pics of my progress tho :)

well, its not done... like i said i am redoing a lot of it... when i start working on it i will post pics of my progress tho :)

Yeah I'm reworking my setup right now too, it's hard to keep pics up to date of the latest setup cause I'm always moving things around.

Yeah I'm reworking my setup right now too, it's hard to keep pics up to date of the latest setup cause I'm always moving things around.

ugh! tell me about it... meh... plus hopefully i might get a job soon... which means alot more duallie athlons :D

mind you that ive managed to get all that shit from just building pc's for nubs...

and i havent had a decent job in... well, ever... since its fricken impossible to find a good job down here... maybe maybe maybe i might get a job at an ecafe, but that will probably suck too as far as pay goes :(

holy shit SupaFly99, that's a hella lot of equipment, I thought I was crazy spending as much as I do on server's and network bits each month..... but you must be racking up a very large credit card bill, either that or you are on an excellent wage or the items were purchased in bulk for a discount rate ?

I have an 1850R, I much prefer pre-built server's, for example the Compaq Proliant's, instead of building your own box. The compaq's are rock solid, fast and an excellent array of management software :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back