The *Official* Post Pics Of Your Network Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by p0rt21
Whats that program?

Edit: Don't worry, figured it out :p

No delete button :(

Seti@Home hehe

you should check out the Distributed Computing forum here, and run Folding@Home much better cause IMO :cool:

Originally posted by SupaFly99
FLECOM - Get on aim... I want to talk to you about those Accellar 1200's u got :)

k - on aim

Just a beginning, Still Procuring cases.

IMG_1182.jpg

Hey Supafly99 that 3com look fimilar, tis the one u sold me.. :)

IMG_1183.jpg

the "heart" of my internet right now, still working on gettin it all into the rack, thats also where the cabinet will be when i finally get off my butt and move everything around.

its actually a pair of NCR Server Cases.. Their Currently Empty thou. On top of those is a Compaq Proliant, Duel PPro which servers as a webserver for me.

Here are a few links, pics are a little big, and don't have Photoshop installed yet, after format. Also, you need to break your neck to look at some of them.....

http://stuweb.jcu.edu/dfinucane06/ireland/hosted/IMG_0304.jpg

http://stuweb.jcu.edu/dfinucane06/ireland/hosted/IMG_0305.jpg
That pic, the screws got stripped and have yet to be replaced, b/c as you can see we forgot the cable managment :rolleyes:

http://stuweb.jcu.edu/dfinucane06/ireland/hosted/IMG_0306.jpg
RadioFrame Equipment for wireless network on our campus.

http://stuweb.jcu.edu/dfinucane06/ireland/hosted/IMG_0307.jpg

http://stuweb.jcu.edu/dfinucane06/ireland/hosted/IMG_0308.jpg
some Sun servers :)

http://stuweb.jcu.edu/dfinucane06/ireland/hosted/IMG_0301.jpg

http://stuweb.jcu.edu/dfinucane06/ireland/hosted/IMG_0302.jpg

http://stuweb.jcu.edu/dfinucane06/ireland/hosted/IMG_0309.jpg
6509 :)

TrEpIdAtIoN

that looks like a great setup, i like how you have the cables all orginized, but i do not see any labels on them, do you have a chart of the cable mapping in the room? and what do you do where you have that large of a network? It looks like a work setup, not home, just wondering, and what camera did you use for the pics, it looks great (nice crisp pictures!)

if someone had a home network such as that... umm... they must live in one hell of a mansion! :eek:

I to am interested in where you work. I'm going to guess a school? Or maybe a big office of sorts?

Yeah i am a student at John Carroll University, that is our new science center, I a sophomore now but i've work in the Tech dept. since i was 16. Those a pictures of our new science center, which was just finished this past summer. I programmed,installed,wired all that stuff. Even the people from Panduit thought I "made very good use of their rackmount equipement" when they saw it two weeks ago. I used my Canon Powershot S230 Digital Elph(i love it). When i was taking all those pictures i wasn't able to get the router for the building. A 4506 with SUP IV blade in it with like 3 blades for fiber, similar to the 6509 picture. Oh and as we wired the closets we labeld each and every port on the switches. It is all organized fairly well by CiscoWorks. So if we have anyone abusing bandwith/getting email from RIAA/MPAA we can just find them and cut them off pretty fast.

Originally posted by FLECOM
DSCN5274.jpg

DSCN5276.jpg

Hey flecom how do you like you're Accelar 1200? I'm looking to get a new switch for use at lan parties, something that has gigabit, and these seem like a pretty good buy. Anything I should be aware of while looking for one and/or when I get one?

-Matt :cool:

Originally posted by Da Fan Man
Hey flecom how do you like you're Accelar 1200? I'm looking to get a new switch for use at lan parties, something that has gigabit, and these seem like a pretty good buy. Anything I should be aware of while looking for one and/or when I get one?

its a great switch... completely worth it and able to handle everything ive thrown at it

just if you see the high bidder is FLECOM dont bid or i will track you down :eek: :cool: ;)

its a great switch... completely worth it and able to handle everything ive thrown at it

just if you see the high bidder is FLECOM dont bid or i will track you down :eek: :cool: ;)

LOL trying to get another one eh? Hmm do they even make Copper > Fiber media converters for gigabit? I saw a couple, somewhate expensive ones for 10/100...I Have CSA LAN on my existing machine and would like to use the 1000baseT speed of that instead of putting in a card that will use the PCI Bus. They dont make moduels for that switch for Gig over Copper do they?

that is the only disadvantage of the accelar, relatively low-density of gige ports, and NO copper gige at all

there are 1000SX to 1000TX media converters but they will probably cost you more than the switch rofl

if your looking for gige copper i would point you @ netgear and dell

Yeah just found a couple of the GigE media converters which are expensive as I had figured. I really like the Accelar but like you said no copper gige. Guess I'll have to either look at a different switch, leave my workstation on 100 meg copper...or buy a GigE Fiber card for the workstation instead of using my onboard CSA Lan.

Richard. Im assuming you removed my post with dead links... Sorry about that. I had to remove them temporarily because I hosted a mirror for a big file and got slammed. Going to have a hell of a bill for bandwidth costs.

Will put them back up when I change hosts. :D

cables.jpg

hub

hub.jpg

hub

wirelessap.jpg

wireless ap downstairs

router.jpg

some unused linksys router
server2.jpg

network file server

TrEpIdAtIoN-
Nice stuff, as usual. Any way I can get a tour sometime? I'm a high school student, I live in Beachwood.

The Panduit products are great, I really like their wire management stuff, I don't love the jacks though. I even saw in one pic that you get stuff from the company my uncle works for, Famous Telephone supply. Who was the datacom contractor for this job?

Jeff,

sure thing, maybe some friday afternoon or something. I'll PM you later when my classes work themselves out :)
I think it was Lake Erie Electric who outsourced to someone else ill tell you the name later but i totally forget(which isnt good cause they did a horrible job :( )

Pity I can't take pictures of where I work :( . We have the second largest network in the country (world maybe?); second only to the NSA:eek:

aww man you cant just come in here and throw that around without at least telling us where you work. we promise not to go mission impossible on you and steal your noc list :D

State Farm. THe HQ are located here as well, but the building I work in is about 1 mile south of the HQ. There's one building out of like 20 in the complex I work in (Corp. South), and one of them is the server building. There's 4 floors of nothing but network equipment: servers, switches, routers, avocents, so on and so forth. It is truly awesome working here just because the facility is amazing.

Originally posted by Pixeleet
State Farm. THe HQ are located here as well, but the building I work in is about 1 mile south of the HQ. There's one building out of like 20 in the complex I work in (Corp. South), and one of them is the server building. There's 4 floors of nothing but network equipment: servers, switches, routers, avocents, so on and so forth. It is truly awesome working here just because the facility is amazing.

So thats where all my insurance money is going to :rolleyes:

LOL

Here are some pics & specs of my home network that I installed while building my house this past fall.

1_inner_duct1.jpg

300' of Inner-Duct and 10,000' of mule tape to be run to strategic locations.

2_inner_duct2.jpg

The typical installation of the Inner-Duct throughout the house.

3_riser_pole.jpg

The riser pole that connects the basement to the attic.

4_1000ft_cat5e.jpg

1000' of Cat5e and 500' of RG6, ready to be run through the inner-duct.

5_typcl_wall_plate.jpg

A typical wall plate.

6_network.jpg

Hubble 24 Port Cat5e Patch Panel with wall bracket
APC Surge Arrest Power Strip
Telephone Bridge (inside is a cross-connect)
Arris CM450 Cable Modem
NetScreen 5 VPN Router
Netgear FS105 10/100 Ethernet Switch
Netgear FS108 10/100 Ethernet Switch

I have 16 Ethernet jacks (9 active), 4 phone jacks and 7 CATV drops throughout the house and garage. The Ethernet cable plant has been certified to 1000BaseT specifications using my Pentascanner (actually it belongs to work ;) ). I left plenty of mule tape in the walls and inner-duct so adding more cable is a snap.

My goals in building the home network was to use very little space, be very inexpensive but scalable, produce no noise, be completely hidden from sight and very low power consumption.

ipconfig /all, can you take a picture of where the telephone bridge connects to? Also how did you wire the telephone bridge?

Originally posted by ipconfig /all
My goals in building the home network was to use very little space, be very inexpensive but scalable, produce no noise, be completely hidden from sight and very low power consumption.

oh comon, that ruins all the fun!!! ;) :D

oh comon, that ruins all the fun!!! ;) :D
I deal with tons of switches, routers, servers, cabling and Active Directory everyday at work. At the end of the workday, I just want to drink a few beers and not think about work. If I had to listen to the sound of equipment, I'd feel like I was still at work.

Not to mention the cost of electricty. Ouch!

Originally posted by ipconfig /all
I deal with tons of switches, routers, servers, cabling and Active Directory everyday at work. At the end of the workday, I just want to drink a few beers and not think about work. If I had to listen to the sound of equipment, I'd feel like I was still at work.

Not to mention the cost of electricty. Ouch!

lies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back