The Official Post Pics of your Boxen/ Folding rigs/ Farms

little do I know, Now you know I type really slow. I used to type fast when I wrote a book but never published it, it has to be worked on more before I do. I stopped because I didn't have any support to continue with it, oh btw it was a scifi novel I was working on.

Oh I am sorry I was confused between who posted that picture of the computers.

Well one of my duallys was shut down today, I am having trouble with my wireless networking. If any in the [H]orde wants to help me out to find a solution to my wireless networking problem, please let me know.

BuiesCreek847 said:
Actually, that's my farm. :cool: RedShed was commenting on it. ;)

That's it's own dedicated sub-panel that's good for 100A. The 6L printer I just got for free. Works great. :)

put a few in team 33's name ;)
u_DR_K13

u_DR_K13

thread revival--

room4.jpg

various assorted stuff... the pic was taken when i got home for break, its a bit more organized now ;)

-more pics coming soon... i promise i'll put clothes on next time

marty9876 said:
Looks just like my cat, but he's a boy. Mind if I bring him over for a little "borging".

lol She is fixed and I think she Is a Lesbo! She wants to fight the guys and play with the girls.
I have 2 female cats and they b0rg all the time

DR_K13 said:
lol She is fixed and I think she Is a Lesbo! She wants to fight the guys and play with the girls.
Seems more like wasted cycles to me... but as long as they're happy it's all good. :D

DR_K13 said:

So what your saying is my male cat get's to live out my dreams huh....2/1

Ok just a touch off topic...

I'll try and get a pic of my farm up Monday if I get a chance.

marty9876 said:
So what your saying is my male cat get's to live out my dreams huh....2/1

Ok just a touch off topic...

I'll try and get a pic of my farm up Monday if I get a chance.

Preferably with cats in it....

Cell phone pic of farm #1. Now on farm #2. Few less boxes, all units in "backwards", much easier to cable. Cleaned up the power somewhat, quit daisy chaining surge strips(bad idea). I've got boxen all over the place, this is just most of them.

I've got ~15 400mzh boxen planned for in about a month. Not sure if they are really worth the time but... I don't pay the power bill so. All these come and go, 2.4 gzh celerons on all of these. Edit: the 400's I get to keep. Might try one of those diskless Linux server deals since my cluster idea will go belly up.

I have no clue how to post a pic, here goes.....

farm.jpg

I've never thought to put in a machine backwards for better access to cables. Duh...

What a great idea.

agrikk said:
I've never thought to put in a machine backwards for better access to cables. Duh...

What a great idea.

And old monitors make great step stools... note the one on the floor.

marty9876 said:
And old monitors make great step stools... note the one on the floor.
Just make sure they aren't the old-style really curved ones... broken glass does not a great stepstool make :(.

couple (crappy) pics i took today:
beat this!:
13_athlons.jpg

unfortunately, these are all the motherboards we have that work: (anyone got a dual AMD board they want to send us?)
3_good_mobos.jpg

the hub(10mbit) that the farm is connected to:
10mbit_hub_of_doom.jpg

we were upgrading chips today (.9 ->1.2 - didn't all work:() and saw this:
love_that_TIM.jpg

squish_tim.jpg

clean_cpu.jpg

our fileserver (and 100mbit switch and circuit breaker box - note that it is open. it gets a lot of use)
fs_and_circuit_breakers.jpg

and last, a table of crap that was, at one point in time (probably) considered top of the line.
table_o_stuff.jpg

that's all for today.

Okay here's my mess:

Guest Room - (Scene of the subject of this thread Sister-in-law's threat to science )
Compguest.jpg

Laptop - Nice little HP Athlon XP-M 3000+ (I like the wide screen and great speakers)
Compportable.jpg

Garage - The red thing's my baby (Chrysler Crossfire)
Compgarage.jpg

Edit for:

Hito Bahadur said:
Garage - The red thing's my baby (Chrysler Crossfire)
Compgarage.jpg

Can you see out the back of that thing? Every time I see one Iwonder about that.

Spectre said:
Can you see out the back of that thing? Every time I see one Iwonder about that.

Not to well, but the side mirrors have almost full coverage behind. It just takes a bit to get used to using your side mirrors as your primaries. It has almost as good visibility as my Minivan.

Hito Bahadur said:
Not to well, but the side mirrors have almost full coverage behind. It just takes a bit to get used to using your side mirrors as your primaries. It has almost as good visibility as my Minivan.

Took me a while to get used to having more than 1 side mirror :D My Impala only has one. My newer car has two....and most of the time I still don't use the one on the passenger side.

Spectre said:
Took me a while to get used to having more than 1 side mirror :D My Impala only has one. My newer car has two....and most of the time I still don't use the one on the passenger side.

The good news is that, while slow, the human mind is trainable...

Spectre said:

I went from a car with two to a car with one and have never really used the passenger side mirror again even if I was in a car with them. The day I made my first payment on my current car, it got hit and busted the passenger side mirror. I went and bought a replacement mirror but have never put it in since I never really use it anyway.

These are my UD rigs.

farm1.jpg

The black case is the rig I just put together. Nothing special, P3 700@933 w/ 384mb PC133.
The smaller case on the bottom right is my server (mail, file, etc.), which is an Athlon XP 1600+ at stock w/ 512MB PC2100.
The big case on the bottom left is my main rig which has all the fun stuff in it. A64 3000+ @ 2200mhz, 1gb ram, 6800GT.

farm2.jpg

This is by my bed since I can't sleep without some sort of fan going. Athlon XP-M 2400+ @ 1.8ghz, 512MB PC2100.

my boxen are the only inhabitants of that basement, im sure they dont mind it too much. besides, i wouldnt be surprised if its a bit cleaner now. i only have time to visit once every few months :rolleyes:

Cleaning up the farm shed (i.e. garage). I'm getting ready to move. The good news is I found a CD-rom or 2 I didn't know about as well as 2 powersupplies. Even an old Geforce 1 Videocard. Unfortunately, in the new place I have to pay for electricity. I'll post pictures of the new farm when I get everything set up.

cleanup.jpg

Actually, I have 6 desktops at home, so not a good excuse.

I want to do an integrated desk/workstation using some Aluminum stock for frames and lexan for panels. I'll probably do a multi-computer case as a starter. And it'll be watercooled (one of my systems current is).

img01683bp.jpg

This is only half of my garden. The tower on the left is my main rig, A64 3500+, under the desk is my old P4 2.4, and off to the side is my P3 866. My wife's box is the only one and it just sets off to the right of everything in the pic.

One pic:

sweet_case_small.jpg

Each box described here

Around 18GHz in total

(Been a while since I have stopped by the [H]ard|Forums, axe this post if even mentioning AnandTech is a not kosher...)

dhslammer said:
One pic:

Each box described here

Around 18GHz in total

(Been a while since I have stopped by the [H]ard|Forums, axe this post if even mentioning AnandTech is a not kosher...)

I hope not. Anandtech is a good site. Nice rigs by the way. Pentium M's kick butt on Gromacs cores.

I'll get better pics sometime with my other cam...

The xbox

xbox.JPG

All of my networking gear...mostly old school. SMC 802.11b Router, 8 Port Hub(10mb ew), 12 port Hubstack Hub (10mb ew), and cable modem. The hubs currently are attached to my brothers game pc and his xbox ;). The Router hooks into my two servers, my main PC, and the hub over the wired network. Laptop on the wireless network. Router also serves as the networks main firewall.

Hubs.JPG

The Windows 200 Server Box. Print Server, and soon to be webserving. Only has a PIII Katmai in it, but it folds full time.

Also my laptop. PIII, used for browsing web.

server2lappy.JPG

My other server. Runs Windows XP Pro. 768mb Ram and a Celeron. Folds full time, but should be a game server soemtime soon. Probably DOD.

server1.JPG

My main rig. Oh so beautiful. 2.8P4 @ 3.4. Runs folding full time. Dual displays, 4.1 surround sound, and a 19" TV.

The monitors are a HUGE Sun, and a KDS/ Both look nice.

commandcentral.JPG

My old PC, brothers new PC. 1.3 Duron. Folds full time.
Plays CS just fine, but not much else.

pc2.JPG

Well, theres the network, Everything that needs speeds is connected right off the router, everything else connected to the hubs.

Eventually I'll get a nice switch, but money is tight now.

Will hopefully be adding more folding boxen soon.

Whats folding, im reading through this forum and im very interested in knowing what all this folding is that you guys are chatting it up about

Back