The Official Post Pics of your Boxen/ Folding rigs/ Farms

DR_K13

2[H]4U
I thought It would be cool ( and FUN! ) for everyone to show off their Boxen/ Farms /Rigs ( what ever you want to call them ;) ) To promote folding.
Post only Computers that have F@H installed on them

red Xs will get your thead closed. :D
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is my home setup, these do not include Folders I have at work or other b0rgs

the one on the left runs the Graphical client ( to wow people /get them interested in folding)
I drop it into the system tray 99.99% of the time and use Electron Microscope to monitor all 7 clients I have at home

All other boxes are running Linux clients
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Home Desktop

network1.jpg

part of my farm

kittah%20001.jpg

05rack%20008.jpg

Packtard%20002.jpg

Packtard%20001.jpg

bodega- Is that a dell dimension 4100 you have there? I have 2 borged :cool:

close :rolleyes:

one is an old dell rx350 with some slight hardware changes. still with the 350 p2 cpu.
the other is an old dimension case but inside it has a 2.8/533 p4 with 512mb of RAMBUS!@!!!@!!. now it also has a 9700pro as well as some other goodies :)

yup, I have one too.
I keep mine to sorta pay tribute to the first computer I used for Distributed Computing, my old dimension 4100 called the "Tank"
This one has an A7N8X Deluxe/2400-M 35w combo in it and is my primary machine.
The main power button was replaced with simple switch to turn it on, and the reset botton now houses the power on LED.
The HDD was moved under the DVD burner to allow an 80mm intake fan. The rear has a 92mm fan to exhaust along with a Purepower 420w PSU.
I topped it off with the shittiest wiring job I could muster :p
The case is rather short front to back and narrow... No room for the top mounted 120mm fan it deserves. My office is roughly 21*c and the processor is running a nice 37*C :eek: under full load. I installed an SLK900A with a tornado at 7v. I'm sure I can muster some more out of it now that its running nearly 18*C cooler than it was using the DP 102LE.

dimension001.jpg

Ahhhhh the garden. Taken 10 minutes ago or so.
garden001.jpg

this has actually been done a few times... I'd be surprised if it was stickied.

i can oc that 6800gt a bunch further with that pci exhaust fan there. the heat would sort of get trapped under the card

And what a fine choice you made, sir. Takes advantage of unused machines and room... nice borg ;)

I wish I could convince the State of WV to fold for the [H]orde... God knows that (at least here at the Division of Highways) the PCs are not being used that much... Freecell and web-browsing don't take up many cycles... even my PC (which is borged) at work only does "light" microstation work... never seen it peak above 5%.... well, except when we were playing around with animations a few months ago :D But even so.... There's 14 PCs in my office alone (Bridge dept.) most of which are new P4 2.66... there's at least 50-75 in the other building and that's just one District office... There are 10 districts (I'll admit we're one of the largest (population-wise))... I don't think anyone would ever go for it though... The state is trying to cut back so much on money they've given us the lovely "if you're not going to use your computer for more than 8 hrs, turn it off" rule of thumb... bullshit, I'm using my PC to fold for the [H]orde!! I'd love to Borg the whole state.. hundreds of PCs all folding for the [H]orde.... lovely thought, ahhh but to dream.... oh well...

I don't yet have a farm to take pictures of... Just 4 PCs (all listed in my sig.) and they're all in seperate rooms/buildings... 2 at work, 2 at home.... but I have plans to buy/build some PCs, hopefully soon... maybe then I can post some pics of the farm....

Anybody need a "down and dirty" excel sheet with ALOT of different configs for processors(XPs, Semprons, P4s, Xeons,etc,etc,etc)?

Keep on Folding!!

Here's a pic of the server room I put together a while back for a contract gig I did. They ended up with a stack of 2.8gig machines that they weren't using, so I started them up folding.

I fold for someone I know who has since died of cancer, and I told this company that, so they've left the farm intact. Right decent of them, I think.

folding_farm.jpg

In fact, every machine in the server room is folding, including the dually 3.06ghz servers...

servers_one.jpg

It's to bad they keep cleaning out the old "Show Us Your Farm" threads along with all the other old posts! :(

My little farm! :D

FAH_Farm_12.JPG

FAH_Farm_13.JPG

FAH_Farm_14.JPG

FAH_Farm_15.JPG

If you see red x's, it's only temporary, I'm in the process of switching from Comcast to Verizon FIOS 15/2 service. As soon as I get the pictures moved over to the Verizon site they will reappear.

ChelseaOilman
u_chelseaoilman.gif

MATTRESS said:
what does borg mean

Borg means to run folding@home (with permission) on a computer that you do not own using your own folding nick. Borged computers can be those of family, friends, your work place, customers, schools, etc.

BuiesCreek847 said:
Here's most of my heap ~
Where did the fire extinguisher go that you used to have. Looks like you moved it a little further away from your setup. ;)

ChelseaOilman
u_chelseaoilman.gif

ChelseaOilman said:
Where did the fire extinguisher go that you used to have. Looks like you moved it a little further away from your setup. ;)

ChelseaOilman
u_chelseaoilman.gif

LOL! Yeah, moved it 4 feet or so to the right (of that shown in image), with the laser printer being installed. :D

Farm@1118.jpg

Now that is dead friggen sexy... ;)

My garden is looking more like a collection of few potted plants, lol.

my main computer (athlon xp 2000+ at 2174mhz)
orchard01.jpg

left computer is a gateway p3 800 eb and the right one is my dual processor pentium 233mmx file server
orchard02.jpg

some random p3 1GHz computer that my dad brought home (under the monitor), trying to convince my dad to let me borg his athlon xp 1800+ but its not working so far.
orchard03.jpg

OSUguy98 said:
I wish I could convince the State of WV to fold for the [H]orde... God knows that (at least here at the Division of Highways) the PCs are not being used that much... Freecell and web-browsing don't take up many cycles... even my PC (which is borged) at work only does "light" microstation work... never seen it peak above 5%.... well, except when we were playing around with animations a few months ago :D But even so.... There's 14 PCs in my office alone (Bridge dept.) most of which are new P4 2.66... there's at least 50-75 in the other building and that's just one District office... There are 10 districts (I'll admit we're one of the largest (population-wise))... I don't think anyone would ever go for it though... The state is trying to cut back so much on money they've given us the lovely "if you're not going to use your computer for more than 8 hrs, turn it off" rule of thumb... bullshit, I'm using my PC to fold for the [H]orde!! I'd love to Borg the whole state.. hundreds of PCs all folding for the [H]orde.... lovely thought, ahhh but to dream.... oh well...

I don't yet have a farm to take pictures of... Just 4 PCs (all listed in my sig.) and they're all in seperate rooms/buildings... 2 at work, 2 at home.... but I have plans to buy/build some PCs, hopefully soon... maybe then I can post some pics of the farm....

Anybody need a "down and dirty" excel sheet with ALOT of different configs for processors(XPs, Semprons, P4s, Xeons,etc,etc,etc)?

Keep on Folding!!

I know the feeling. There are thousands of systems in my building just being wasted. I've only been able to borg my own but can't get any other systems borged. They range from PIII 700 up to PIV 2.8's. If I was able to borg just this building there would be no one who could touch me. Just do the math of say 1000 700mhz PIIIs. And that isn't actually close to what there is in the building. Hell, I'd be happy borging just my sections systems. That would be about 25 PIII 700's although they only run about 8-10 hours a day. Still, it would be nice. :(

This is an older picture, but it shows roughly what my computer looks like (my main rig that also folds)... unfortunately I have photos of only one of my 3 rigs folding. No farms here :( Back when I used to be working on distributed.net, I had my whole high school borged... 210 machines ranging from 500MHz to 3GHz folding almost at 100%, 24/7. But then one day the admin proxy went down and it caused massive errors/lockups due to it being not able to find the admin proxy... I had promised the pen-pushers that it wouldn't ever cause any noticeable difference or slowdown to the computers, and when they basically froze up due to the admin proxy being down I got a rather harsh phone call to remove it all immediately. It was fun while it lasted, and now I'm down to just the boxes at home. :(

Anyway, here's my rig. Ignore the mess and the second power supply powering the numerous fans - Aussie summers suck ;)

desk.jpg

some cool pics .. I'll get some pics of my machines ... one is 200 miles from the rest tho :)

I've since removed that wire fan grille, replaced the Corsair Proseries with some more regular 2x 512mb Corsair XL modules, and changed the heatsink that sits ontop of my 9700's voltage regulators. Specs in sig.

side.jpg

_Korruption_ said:
I've since removed that wire fan grille, replaced the Corsair Proseries with some more regular 2x 512mb Corsair XL modules, and changed the heatsink that sits ontop of my 9700's voltage regulators. Specs in sig.

side.jpg

I love those corsair ram sticks Oooooo blinking lights!!!!
:D

u_DR_K13

DR_K13 said:
I love those corsair ram sticks Oooooo blinking lights!!!!
:D

u_DR_K13
lol, I'm trying to sell that stick now that I've got my 2x 512MB sticks of Corsair XL. :D

Hey redshed, nice set of computers, naked boxen at its finest. Also nice placement of them, near the circuit breaker box, I would like to point out in that picture, the hp laserjet 6l sitting on the shelf, I got the same exact one, but I gutted it and made it into a computer.

mine looks as stock as you can get, but how many people out there can say: Well my Hp laserjet 6l runs windows 2000 quite well.

Well this week, I am taking pictures of my farm of pc's. Most are multiprocessing computers, and all the duallys are in the basement. All except the hp laserjet mod which is my gaming lan computer and my p4 ht machine is upstairs. I'll try to line up my computers for a family reunion. They might not all work some of the time, but they will try their hardest to fold.

Scorpionjwp said:
Hey redshed, nice set of computers, naked boxen at its finest. Also nice placement of them, near the circuit breaker box, I would like to point out in that picture, the hp laserjet 6l sitting on the shelf, I got the same exact one, but I gutted it and made it into a computer.
Actually, that's my farm. :cool: RedShed was commenting on it. ;)

That's it's own dedicated sub-panel that's good for 100A. The 6L printer I just got for free. Works great. :)

Back