The Official Post Pics of your Boxen/ Folding rigs/ Farms

Thanks, I only have one thing that I dont like. The battery life sucks donkey ass. The wieght isnt as bad as people make it out to be. 9lbs. All the stuff I carry around with me ends up making the case over 20lbs. So the extra 2 or 3 lbs. doesnt make a big difference. The brick must weigh like 2 pounds though. The battery life only gives me about an hour an a half between charges.

Yeah, THere are a few ways to remedy that. You can get a P4 northwood proccessor and extend your batt life that way, or buy the secondary battery which doesn't have the sub and give you around 2 hours. (sorry for getting off topic here)

crappy pix, but this is it.

My network Diagram, yes 1337.
net0.jpg

My workstation, again 1337.
net1.jpg

My network switches and my 2 naked clients.
net2.jpg

Another view of clients.
net3.jpg

I'll post better pics when I get my camera back :rolleyes:

Well, thought you all might want to see a small *cough* failing *cough* farm...

DSC01342.jpg

Duron 800 (512m pc133:cool: )with a really loud hsf I just bought

DSC01343.jpg

mom's compsuck 2600+ with 512 megs of ram.

DSC01344.jpg

the faceless one is my a64 2800+ with 1gig ram... notice mr. duron is mounting miss 64bit :eek:

DSC01345.jpg

Inside my ipcop box, p3 500, 128m pc100/133, 2 new nic's from the egg

DSC01346.jpg

It wouldn't be a p[H]arm without a switch and some spaghetti!

I haven't been able to find my camera in a while, but i have a pic from March sometime of the farm:

farm1.jpg

L to R: p3 933, dual p3 1.0, 2.0a, p3 733. on top: 2.8b, 330.

didnt show up on picture day: 244's, 2500+, 3.2c
without necessary hardware: p3 550, 2x18 xeon, 2x2.4xeon.

usually when i recieve hardware i just set it up folding, but i really need to start selling some of this stuff. thinking of doing some sort of 50k+ or 100k+ only thing ;)

Here is some softcore p0rn for you.
server5.jpg

Updated a little since last year.
New things are the Dell SC420 server, which is my personal server.
And a Dell XPS_T800r 800mhz computer which up until a few weeks ago, was my main rig (5 years of dell goodness :rolleyes: )
LOL
Bottom right is a P3 450mhz @ 504mhz
Bottom left is a cheap P2 350 @ 333mhz.

Soon I might be getting my uncles old computer because he just got a new one, although it won't be much... maybe just a p3 450.

Every little bit helps.

~Towert7

Tanky said:
My lonely little HP boxen....

http://www.ddisource.com/matt/hpa810n.JPG[IMG][/QUOTE]

Good start... But I think you can fit a few more in there :D

My Compaq/HP Boxen at work
bofficebnrm.JPG

Ignore the one facing backwards, oh and there is another behind the chair. Some people should recognize whats on the flat panel even though its blurry...

:eek:

There for a second I thought those were shots of my cubicle hell! The plain gray walls... the drabness... so cold now....

Yeah I could stack them up, but I like to keep them on their side so I can slide them in an out as needed. Good eyes Moose, actually the newest ones we have are the dc7100s (3.2ghz and my pc is a 3.6ghz) This is kind of a new company so everyone has these fancy-looking chairs, I like mine, mostly...

-joeb0b

We just started ordering the dc5000s....not a bad little rig...althouhg it is minus an AGP slot. :confused:

Do they come with floppy drives? My boss ordered these 7100s without floppies a few users have asked; I just said use the cd-burner but i got a floppy for myself atleast. Still... I was also surprised to find these have SATA drives in them which is kinda cool. In general i like these lil SFF guys so much easier to lug around when one dies and what not. One can pop off the top and replace the HD with not much effort either.

-joeb0b

joeb0b said:
Do they come with floppy drives? My boss ordered these 7100s without floppies a few users have asked; I just said use the cd-burner but i got a floppy for myself atleast. Still... I was also surprised to find these have SATA drives in them which is kinda cool. In general i like these lil SFF guys so much easier to lug around when one dies and what not. One can pop off the top and replace the HD with not much effort either.

-joeb0b
Yeah, they came with floppys...not sure why. No one uses them.

You obviously don't RAID much. This is after all the [H]orde. Raiding should be normal. Press F6, yadda, yadda, insert floppy with drivers. One box requires 3 such floppies. In a civilized world these drivers would be included, or read from a USB drive. Nope, no floppy, no HD's detected by windows. Toss 7 raptors in the same box, and try installing windows without a floppy drive.

Leadman584 said:
You obviously don't RAID much. This is after all the [H]orde. Raiding should be normal. Press F6, yadda, yadda, insert floppy with drivers. One box requires 3 such floppies. In a civilized world these drivers would be included, or read from a USB drive. Nope, no floppy, no HD's detected by windows. Toss 7 raptors in the same box, and try installing windows without a floppy drive.

unless you run a farm of naked boxen :D with foldserver. then you only need one HDD :D

Leadman584 said:

If I was going to be building a RAID, I would be using a floppy....but these little SFF PCs don't need them.

KodiakStar said:
unless you run a farm of naked boxen :D with foldserver. then you only need one HDD :D
Jeez, you're really pimping the fold-server today...
Leadman584 said:
Toss 7 raptors in the same box, and try installing windows without a floppy drive.
*cough* slipstream *cough*

I built a custom Windows cd that has drivers for every sata controller in the house (ich5 and sil3114), automatically enters the cd-key, and generally doesn't suck as much as normal. And now I don't use it... linux++

Hey Mage, honestly that stupid ass fold server deally of yours...works.

[H]OldMarty has been going for ~2 months with out a hicup. Not sure if it's actually working but.... Yea, that 300 bucks of PSU/HSF/RAM we dumped in there did not hurt either.

Well, it's doing something...

Damn thing gets more PPD than I do. And I haven't touched it for weeks now.

Speaking of not touching things for weeks, I have done no work whatsoever on 1.1 since like May. Stupid 9-5. At least it pays the bills...

unhappy_mage said:
Well, it's doing something...

Damn thing gets more PPD than I do. And I haven't touched it for weeks now.

Speaking of not touching things for weeks, I have done no work whatsoever on 1.1 since like May. Stupid 9-5. At least it pays the bills...

I just don't know what to do now that I can't give you a hard time about it not working.... It's not folding fast enough- fix that!!!

Thanks to Marty's insanity I've added two baby crappers to my farm.
They should be folding by tomorrow evening.

Franky:

and Thermy:

:D

gigabyte1024 said:
Thanks to Marty's insanity I've added two baby crappers to my farm.
They should be folding by tomorrow evening.

Franky:

and Thermy:

:D

What the hell did you do to my boxen? They didn't look like that when I shipped them.....I think.... Geez they should have been plug and play, mostly. I'm doing way too much work on these, from now on I'm just gonna dump a few in a box and ship them out... j/k :D

Thermy- I've never seen something like that. I told you that thing was built like a brick sh*t house. Was that the 63# shippment... yikes. The thing has a small house furnace fan for a CPU cooler.

marty9876 said:
What the hell did you do to my boxen? They didn't look like that when I shipped them.....I think.... Geez they should have been plug and play, mostly. I'm doing way too much work on these, from now on I'm just gonna dump a few in a box and ship them out... j/k :D

Thermy- I've never seen something like that. I told you that thing was built like a brick sh*t house. Was that the 63# shippment... yikes. The thing has a small house furnace fan for a CPU cooler.

Yup. That was the 63# shipment. :eek:
I had to lighten the load on Franky, he didn't need those PCI slot, or the floppy drive, or the IDE cables, or the side panel.

I'm about to lighten the load on Thermy, well except for the furnace part, I don't want him to melt!

Thanks again Mary, you da queen!

/n

gigabyte1024 said:
Yup. That was the 63# shipment. :eek:
I had to lighten the load on Franky, he didn't need those PCI slot, or the floppy drive, or the IDE cables, or the side panel.

I'm about to lighten the load on Thermy, well except for the furnace part, I don't want him to melt!

Thanks again Mary, you da queen!

/n

I give up. I put all that crap in there.... I even try and spray some canned air in these, some I say. These things get pretty bad, I seem to be missing about 6 cans of shop use air someplace...

I hope they fold well for ya. :confused:

workstation.jpg

my new case and desk. just thought i would show off..
dont mind the cd drive or the thing above it.. used parts from my old
mod.. just havent decided how i will make this one look yet.

KodiakStar said:
workstation.jpg

my new case and desk. just thought i would show off..
dont mind the cd drive or the thing above it.. used parts from my old
mod.. just havent decided how i will make this one look yet.
So, that is where all the masterbation happens, huh? :p

gigabyte,

You need to clean the heatsink in the second pic....looks dusty.

AtomicMoose said:
You need to clean the heatsink in the second pic....looks dusty.

That's the way it arrived from Mary.
Ya know, crappers aren't clean when they're borged,
but I think in some small way that maybe't Folding helps to clense their soul... :confused:

:p

gigabyte1024 said:
That's the way it arrived from Mary.
Ya know, crappers aren't clean when they're borged,
but I think in some small way that maybe't Folding helps to clense their soul... :confused:

:p

You should have seen it before I shipped it. About 4 inches of "Moose Poop" on it. A little dust never killed a boxen,,,geez wussys.

Bump for all our new farmers/gardeners. :D

Back