***The Official "Post good deals for the [H]orde" thread***

Anyone think $31 is worth it? I am willing to do it if people are interested.

Not really. I have a couple 350 VAs and they didn't have enough juice for my computers. They're currently backing up things like my DirecTV boxes and router. I think it's better to buy a single, more powerful unit and hook up multiple systems to it.

Not really. I have a couple 350 VAs and they didn't have enough juice for my computers. They're currently backing up things like my DirecTV boxes and router. I think it's better to buy a single, more powerful unit and hook up multiple systems to it.

Correct, this is mostly to be hooked to the router/modem/switch and other low-power devices. Sunin bought a 1500VA UPS and this one can handle 2-3 systems without problems.

Anyone interested in these?

APC 350 VA UPS and Surge Protector - Top of page

Price is $19.85. Shipping is $19.50 for one and drops the more you add.

I can probably get these from them I would think for $20-$22 since I have an account with them and I can do Will Call. I figure I can send them USPS Flat Rate for $8.95. Anyone think $31 is worth it? I am willing to do it if people are interested.

These are refurbs with Brand New Batteries.
I noticed they did do larger sizes, 1400 & 2200 VA. Would you be able to get a price on these? These would be sufficient for farm use.

Newegg has MSI P31 Neo's for $39.99 with $1.00 shipping here

Gigabyte GA-P35-S3G P35 board for $59.99 here

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L P35 All Solid Capacitor Mobo for $69.99 with $1.00 shipping here

I noticed they did do larger sizes, 1400 & 2200 VA. Would you be able to get a price on these? These would be sufficient for farm use.

The 3000VA one would be great too, that puppy maxes out a 15amp circuit with just 1, so would be great for most farms! I'd be interested in one for around $200...

Otherwise I'm waiting for the refurb's on two more of the Cyberpower 1500va/900w jobbers those for $83 was almost like stealing! Except legit :p

Otherwise I'm waiting for the refurb's on two more of the Cyberpower 1500va/900w jobbers those for $83 was almost like stealing! Except legit :p

Do you think we'll see those again? I've been googling high and low to no avail. I'm going to need 4 here shortly and I'd REALLY rather not pay $180 per.

Anyone interested in these?

APC 350 VA UPS and Surge Protector - Top of page

Price is $19.85. Shipping is $19.50 for one and drops the more you add.

I can probably get these from them I would think for $20-$22 since I have an account with them and I can do Will Call. I figure I can send them USPS Flat Rate for $8.95. Anyone think $31 is worth it? I am willing to do it if people are interested.

These are refurbs with Brand New Batteries.

They have some good prices.

What do some of the bigger units cost? (I see that you have to call them on some items.)

Ok, I got my boards. Obviously these were never opened by newegg because the original RMA is in the box, as per newegg return instructions.

previous owner said he no longer needed it and didn't use it. However, it has been played with because the 8-pin cpu extension is installed(needed to clear the heatpipes).

Do you think I should email the original owner and ask if there were any issues with the mobo?

Ok, I got my boards. Obviously these were never opened by newegg because the original RMA is in the box, as per newegg return instructions.

previous owner said he no longer needed it and didn't use it. However, it has been played with because the 8-pin cpu extension is installed(needed to clear the heatpipes).

Do you think I should email the original owner and ask if there were any issues with the mobo?

Wow to me that would be a huge privacy issue... really not cool they left that in there and didn't even open it.

This is what scares me about buying openbox motherboards.

Both boards are DOA. :(

Both boards are DOA. :(

I know this might be off topic, but has anyone else had issues with tyan rma? I've contacted them twice with no response. I need a board rma'd so i can get more dual core folding action going. at this rate, it'd be faster to try and buy a new one!

They have some good prices.

What do some of the bigger units cost? (I see that you have to call them on some items.)

I only got the email on these. Usually they aren't the cheapest, but the products are great. I really like their server shelves. I have quite a few of those.

There are a few UPS deals in here. Mostly instant savings. I think the UPS that Sunin is using is on sale $30 off in here. Check it out.

Newegg Promo Page

The prices on these have fluctuated a LOT over the last 3 weeks. There were as cheap as 174 with free shipping from buy.com as early as last week. Now they are on "special" for a HIGHER price. Damn!!! I need to pick up 4 of these and frankly I was expecting them to go down in price.

Edit: The price with shipping is ~$206 per. At Buy.com they are $185 with free shipping. So, go to buy.com for this one boys and girls.

On a somewhat related side note... one of my 4 preferred vendors ClubIT has gone out of business! I bought several things from them over the last 5 years its a shame to see them go. Well more business for Newegg, Mwave and Zipzoomfly! :)

linky

And NOW fry's B&M

$179.99 for Q6600 & ECS G31T-M Motherboard (B&M ONLY - 1 DAY ONLY) ***HOT!***

note - when I searched on deals this thread did not show up,

linky

And NOW fry's B&M

$179.99 for Q6600 & ECS G31T-M Motherboard (B&M ONLY - 1 DAY ONLY) ***HOT!***

note - when I searched on deals this thread did not show up,

Keep the Quad and chuck the board :p

I wish there was a Fry's here. Closest one is in Georgia...:(

Fry's is having a one-day sale today, with some pretty good deals.
page 1 <- all sorts of stuff.
page 2 <- notebooks, input devices, furniture
page 3 <- desktops, monitors, projectors, video cards, printers
page 6 <- CPU/mobo combos, networking, memory, drives, etc
page 8

On page 8, they're selling a 1500VA UPS for $80 AR. That's about half the normal cost.

I checked about that UPS appears not available for sale online.

Back