The Official Newegg Black Friday Thread

Man nothing on there really exciting, maybe the SSD's. Most of it looks like meh deals on crap they have overstock on. Yay Newegg! :rolleyes: Thanks OP for the effort.

Yeah, I'm looking for price drops on high end cases and components.

Most of this stuff is bottom of the barrel, items that go on sale every month.

Alot of these deals are broken/no longer available or they have yet to update their prices. Pretty crappy on Newegg's part. More like a "serverbuster" sale.

Well they are out again, I grabbed 3. Prolly shouldn't have, but you can never have enough drive space.
Last year I almost built a computer off of black friday, i just have to add in that they could have done alot better. Not just on Newegg, but everywhere in general.

I got the 750gb for $60 and the LG 21.5in monitor for $99 last night. The site was very slow and losing my cart and taking forever to sign out. Then suddenly, it fixed and was going super fast. Took me about a half hour though just to order those two things. Oh yeah plus I got the 10% bing on both.

I grabbed this also as I have my W7 still sitting on my shelf waiting to be installed..Well,heres the motivation..:)

It's going to be the perfect drive. My Windows7 partition takes up only 18.5GB right now and it's not like I did anything to trim it down. :D I can't wait.

So pissed off right now. I was 2 minutes late in ordering the Acer netbook. My brother was able to get one though.

i cant wait to get my 640. ive got W7 waiting on it ;-) im also going to be getting the CM HAF 922 for my brother for christmas. looks like a decent case.

So pissed off right now. I was 2 minutes late in ordering the Acer netbook. My brother was able to get one though.

I scored it: They still had the barebones Zotac for $150 AMIR ($200 outright) and the Asus for $249 last time I checked.

Yep.

"The 10% Bing Cashback has ended as funds have run out. However we still have a lot of great Black Friday deals and bargains that you don't have to camp out, line up or fight over two deals per store! Happy Shopping and Happy Holidays!"

I'm SUPERPISSED at Newegg. They advertised a $59.99 GPS and it never went on sale. I stayed home to grab it but it never showed. Email said 11/27 6am PST Superspecial TomTom GPS for $59.99....

<EDIT> ok let me rephrase it....it SUPPOSINGLY was on sale and showed up as "SOLD OUT" immediately after 6am PST...i mean....a couple seconds after 6am....they must've only had one unit or something...very lame.

Last edited:
I'm SUPERPISSED at Newegg. They advertised a $59.99 GPS and it never went on sale. I stayed home to grab it but it never showed. Email said 11/27 6am PST Superspecial TomTom GPS for $59.99....

<EDIT> ok let me rephrase it....it SUPPOSINGLY was on sale and showed up as "SOLD OUT" immediately after 6am PST...i mean....a couple seconds after 6am....they must've only had one unit or something...very lame.

Are you sure? I got up early (early for me, anyway) to snag one and it looked like it was in stock for several hours. I remember thinking I should have slept in longer if it wasn't going to sell out immediately...

couldn't help it, i just picked up the cooler master HAF 922... would have bought more if my paycheck wasnt screwwwwed cuz of rent...

Just missed that alpine thing by a bout 20 seconds. It would've been worth it just for the iPod touch. If bluetooth would've worked too ... SHOOT, that would've been cool. Oh well. Newegg's already taken way too much of my money so far! :rolleyes:

Are you sure? I got up early (early for me, anyway) to snag one and it looked like it was in stock for several hours. I remember thinking I should have slept in longer if it wasn't going to sell out immediately...

100% sure. It even came BACK in stock later and i was able to order it just to receive an email saying that the item i ordered wasn't in stock...hahaha...not.funny.

not an official black friday deal. But it's a very good combo deal

Lian Li PC-P80 + intel ssd g2 160 gig

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.295533

you're basically getting the case for $24 bucks.

sell the case for $275 and you got a g2 160 gig for around $300ish

I've officially decided that I'm stupid. :rolleyes:

I read this and immediately thought, "Oh, that G2 is still too rich for my blood, I'll wait until SSDs are cheaper."

Meanwhile I'm sitting here with a GTX 295 which you pay $500 for to get you a few frames per second faster over much cheaper single or even dual card setups. Granted, I've had it for a long time now, but still ... a good SSD is the most substantial performance upgrade you can buy, and the benefits show across the board for every app installed on it, such as Adobe CS4, your OS, and your favorite games.

We humans can really be irrational and illogical at times.

I've officially decided that I'm stupid. :rolleyes:

I read this and immediately thought, "Oh, that G2 is still too rich for my blood, I'll wait until SSDs are cheaper."

Meanwhile I'm sitting here with a GTX 295 which you pay $500 for to get you a few frames per second faster over much cheaper single or even dual card setups. Granted, I've had it for a long time now, but still ... a good SSD is the most substantial performance upgrade you can buy, and the benefits show across the board for every app installed on it, such as Adobe CS4, your OS, and your favorite games.

We humans can really be irrational and illogical at times.

I want to see how something like Oblivion all modded up with a 25+GB folder performs on an SSD.

Awesome combo deal there on the SSD + case. I went for the 80gb intel ssd the other day with 10% CB. Like sirkronan said I was really reluctant to spend the money even though it will be by far the biggest upgrade possible.

I bought a HAF 932 for $85 after rebate. I told my friend about it and he got 2 :p

I finally got my Bing to show up when I picked up 2x 640GB Black's... but it showed up for 2% when it should have been 10%.

Newegg is aware of the problem and made a post on their blog stating not to worry and it will automatically be changed to 10%. I hope this is true and not a pain in the ass to get resolved.

Video Cards

* HIS H467QS1GH Radeon HD 4670 1GB Video Card for $65
* PNY VCGGTS2501XPB GeForce GTS 250 1GB Video Card for $90
* Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual TV Tuner Card for $100

notice the great deals on those high end gaming GPU cards on that list ?

I've been viewing the GTX 1660 Ti's on the Egg since this past Thursday and it seems to me that Newegg's idea of a Pre-BF deal is to offer a $20 MFG rebate which, after postage and all that well, you might get back $15

I have yet to find a store that is discounting the RTX/GTX16 series cards to BF prices

Last edited:
I made it about halfway through that list before the lightbulb went off in my head. I was thinking they were doing the worlds biggest flea market bf promos. Haha.

Yea, real Black Friday deals are as dead as this 10 year old thread.

Anything that I was remotely curious about now seems to be no longer available :/

I used to buy all of my parts from NewEgg but real sales there now are getting to be rarities.

/adding state/local sales tax last month now means that I might as well just go to my local MicroCenter instead

I see that they started BF deals today instead of Thurs/Friday. Sold out on several Ryzen chips. The 3800x deal looked pretty good.

Back