cageymaru

Fully [H]
MSI has officially released the product page for its upcoming 7 nm AMD Radeon VII 16G card. The MSI version of the Radeon VII will feature a boost clock of 1750MHz, base clock of 1400MHz, and 2.0 Gbps memory speed. As with all Radeon VII cards, 16GB of HBM2 memory will be available for gamers and content creators alike. 8K resolution and VR content creation is now available to the masses. MSI will support Radeon VII with its MSI App Player and MSI Afterburner applications. The 7 nm AMD Radeon VII releases on February 7, 2019.

World's First 7 nm Gaming GPU. 16GB HBM2 memory and 1TB/sec memory bandwidth. Powered by 7nm technology, Radeon VII has 45% more memory and 66% more memory bandwidth than other the competitive gaming GPUs in its class, delivering vivid gaming visuals in up to 4K and virtually limitless content creation in 8K, VR and more.

I really like the look of the card cosmetically. I have no interest in one, but I hope we see more cards with that simple aesthetic.

The 20 series FE cards look nice as well.

I look forward to the reviews, but I am content to wait till the 3000 series CPU's are released before I upgrade.

AMD : this compares to a 2080.its faster in some games, slower in others.

Literally everyone: I WONDER IF IT WILL BEAT A TITAN RTX!?

AMD: we've priced this to compete with a 2080, nothing more.

Leterally everyone: OH MY GOD WILL AMD TAKE THE PERFORMANCE CROWN???

*sigh*

Anyone have a link to any articles talking about the 16GB of VRAM having special use in engineering / rendering rigs? An old IT friend said that our Architecture department has an RFP in for 24 Radeon VII cards.

Anyone have a link to any articles talking about the 16GB of VRAM having special use in engineering / rendering rigs? An old IT friend said that our Architecture department has an RFP in for 24 Radeon VII cards.
Links?
You can just start any cad software...

Reactions: Zuul
like this
The current rumours are that the first wave of Navi cards are going to be BELOW the RVII in performance.
I have heard the same thing. Approx 1 year for high-end Navi. Nvidia's extreme pricing has allowed this very expensive card to manufacture see the light of day, when it wouldn't have otherwise.

I'd like to see Nvidia counter with a GTX 2080 and 2080ti equivalent. They've already shown they have Turing without the RTX dead weight with the 1160.

I'd like to see Nvidia counter with a GTX 2080 and 2080ti equivalent. They've already shown they have Turing without the RTX dead weight with the 1160.
why would they? they would likely have to use the same die as the rtx just to turn parts of the chip off. only way this makes sense is if yields are bad. Why sell a chip for $700 when you can get $1200 for it?

*sigh*

Let me guess, idiots from reddit or wtftech?

why would they? they would likely have to use the same die as the rtx just to turn parts of the chip off. only way this makes sense is if yields are bad. Why sell a chip for $700 when you can get $1200 for it?

Because nobody's buying the 1200 one. Nvidia admitted rtx sales have been poor. They could use chips with dead rt cores, or produce a chip without them entirely like the 1160 is.

app-player-mb.jpg

So uh, what game is that guy even playing? Also, not a VII in the computer. Is that an LCD on the front of the monitor? wut is this

Last edited:
Not going to happen. Non RTX is low end only. Nvidia is all in at this point.

*sigh*

A girl can dream goddamit!!

*snip*

So uh, what game is that guy even playing? Also, not a VII in the computer. Is that an LCD on the front of the monitor? wut is this

It seems that part of the page is in relation to MSI's partnership with BlueStacks for playing Android/Mobile games on Windows... so ostensibly that's some mobile game? But I don't recognize it myself, and yeah, what a weird way to set up the shot...

Well you can tell he is a serious gamer because he is streaming...

He looks like a douch because this is what pc gaming is for so many people these days. Just another way to be an attention whore.

Hint to everyone like him: you are not going to be famous. You will not make money playing your stupid games. Nobody cares. Put your webcam away or go back to using it in chatroullete with other dudes like webcams are supposed to be used.
You are sucking up bandwidth for vain stupidity.

Because nobody's buying the 1200 one. Nvidia admitted rtx sales have been poor. They could use chips with dead rt cores, or produce a chip without them entirely like the 1160 is.

Some do, but the RTX2060 may bring up the sales, it's not a bad product.

Nvidia is now plagued with all of the vega issues, huge die's, expensive memory, architecture that excel at stuff hardly any game use :)

Edit:
It's usually ATI\AMD's task to make stuff way before it's needed

Literally everyone: OH MY GOD WILL AMD TAKE THE PERFORMANCE CROWN???

*sigh*

Wow; I can't believe how everyone is flipping over this and no REAL benchmarks yet. I expect good performance but I don't expect to best Nvidia's finest.
I generally buy AMD but I'm in no way a AMD FanBoy. Dollar for performance is what drives my buying decision. And I guess unless you have money to burn most are the same.

Depending on performance gains seen in benchmarks, I may move from my Vega 64 to an VII!
Having 16GB would be really sweet and probably the most "future proofing" you can purchase for components these days.

I cannot even imagine a 32GB GPU at some point.
Ah, technology. How I love thee.

Depending on performance gains seen in benchmarks, I may move from my Vega 64 to an VII!
Having 16GB would be really sweet and probably the most "future proofing" you can purchase for components these days.

I cannot even imagine a 32GB GPU at some point.
Ah, technology. How I love thee.
I can. This was $450

Maybe if it was priced right, I honestly haven't read much on AMD cards in a while, but they always seem to price their cards at nearly nvidia levels but with far less performance most of the time. I don't get it?

Maybe if it was priced right, I honestly haven't read much on AMD cards in a while, but they always seem to price their cards at nearly nvidia levels but with far less performance most of the time. I don't get it?

They are generally a lot lower and their entire setups with processor freesync etc.. as a whole could save you big bucks compared to Nvidia.

Tain't nobody gonna mention the power? 300Watts for 7nm! No way. Must be the 16GB of RAM?

I could stream myself gaming in 8K and 100mbps if there was a web cam that supported that, and a game i like to play
BUT ! i would rather cut off my own legs with a spoon, and i firmly believe that people watching another person playing games and that person can make good money on that is a big sign on how sick the world have become.

I could stream myself gaming in 8K and 100mbps if there was a web cam that supported that, and a game i like to play
BUT ! i would rather cut off my own legs with a spoon, and i firmly believe that people watching another person playing games and that person can make good money on that is a big sign on how sick the world have become.

Capitalism bruh, if you're upset over people getting paid to stream games, boy let me tell you, some people get paid to do....much worse to themselves.

It's just another form of entertainment, like sports. Or simply scripted television shows. Or if you want to really stretch, even racing and golf.

It's as valid as any other form of entertainment that has spectators - the people watching find value, and other people find ways to sell it or profit.

Back