*** The Official [H]ard SuperPi Challenge ***

cornelious0_0

[H]F Junkie
Well here we are, I'm at it again. ;)

This time around "we'll" be looking at SuperPi times, from 32M test runs only. SuperPi's 1M test is a speed-test to see how fast your computer can "grab" Pi to 1 million decimal places, but doesn't leave a lot of room for variance in the scores. 32M on the other hand takes FAR longer to complete (just over 20 minutes on my 3.4E @ 4.18GHz) and is a better test of your systems stability...which also leaves a LOT of room for differences in ppl's scores.

All that I require/request if you're interested in taking part is that you post up a screenshot of your desktop after receiving your time (not the score summary screen afterwards), so we can get a visual of the result. The screenshot must include CPU-Z, WCPUID, or clockgen running alongside SuperPi...so that we can see a little "proof" if you will, about your clocks.

Have fun everyone, let's see what you can do. :cool:

[H]ardForum SuperPi 32M "AMD" Top 10

1: Gundamit - 21m 20s - A64 Opteron 148 @ 3.50GHz
2: Sucka - 21m 22s - A64 FX-57 @ 3.46GHz
3: James Earl Ray - 22m 58s - A64 FX-55 @ 3.30GHz
4: gjwild - 23m 34s - A64 Opteron 148 @ 3.06GHz
5: jikdoc - 23m 39s - A64 FX-55 @ 3.21GHz
6: mike.elmes - 23m 47s - A64 FX-55 @ 3.20GHz
7: centvalny - 23m 52s - A64 FX-55 SD @ 3.12GHz
8: tsuehpsyde - 24m 05s - A64 Opteron 144 @ 3.10GHz
9: dnavarro - 24m 06s - A64 FX-55 @ 3.14GHz
10: snakebiteuk35 - 24m 17s - A64 FX-55 @ 3.28GHz

[H]ardForum SuperPi 32M "Intel" Top 10

1: hipro5 - 19m 57s - Dothan 780ES @ 3.70GHz
2: BitchBreaker - 21m 33s - P4 570J ES @ 5.40GHz
3: rwilso101 - 24m 28s - P4 560J @ 4.62GHz
4: deachus - 24m 51s - P4 ??? @ 4.18GHz
5: uclajd - 25m 13s - P4 3.2E @ 4.45GHz
6: Slacky - 25m 41s - P4 550 @ 4.41GHz
7: ryuji - 25m 54s - P4 506 @ 4.40GHz
8: Agr3sive - 26m 13s - P4 560 @ 4.28GHz
9: cornelious0_0 - 26m 43s - P4 3.4E @ 4.32GHz
10: EnderW - 26m 51s - P4 560J @ 4.30GHz

Make sure you stretch the SuperPi window down an inch or so, as the default 32M seems to cut off the 25th reading from the window, and starting now I'm only going to be accepting results with screenshots taken immediately after the test was run, with all 25 readings on-screen.

To take a screenshot of your result press "Prt Scr Sys Rq" which may be wording slightly differently, but it's typically about the little batch of keys including Home and Insert. After you take the screenshot with the "Print Screen" key, load up MSPaint, and select Edit -> Paste. Save the picture as a JPEG and you'll be ready for the next step. 1st Class PC's is quite possibly the best Image hosting service I've found, with VERY leniant rules and limitations on your uploads....it's a great candidate. Once you have uploaded your picture you will be given a link to your image enclosed within two tags.....highlight/copy that entire line, and paste it into your post.[/SIZE]

Nothing more to it boys and girls, now get goin. :p

[URL=http://superpi.radeonx.com/super_pi_mod-1.4.zip]Here's[/URL] a download URL for SuperPi, now get at it and show me what you've got. ;)

This modded version of SuperPi originated over at XS, so stop over and [URL=http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=54389]pay your respects[/URL] if you want. There's a fair bit of basic info on the program "revision" in that thread at XS, but essentially its a revised version of the original SuperPi that displays ms time calculations and employs some nice anti-cheating. Because this is based off the original "version" of the program, I'll be accepting only pics from this version.....as it's kinda hard to pass off an older "patched" version of SuperPi, as it doesn't/didn't provide the same time display and such.

Hehe, yeah...thx bro....now set aside 15-20 minutes of your time and run through 32M. :)

I will be tonight.

James Earl Ray said:
You know I was kidding! :D

Kidding about what? I didn't take offense to anything you said....just egging you on to come away with both top spots. ;)

1M Super Pi...

with my wimpy XP 2500+ @ 2.3GHz, 46s is the best i can get...HEY, I'M ON THE TOP 10!!! WEE :D

EDIT: My bad...didn't see the note about CPU-Z...so I re-did it with CPU-Z in the background...and for anyone that is wondering, my icons and task bar are on my other monitor :D

where can i get the newest version of super pi? this is the kind of thing you should have in the first post. :p

Nice to see a decent showing on the first night.....now some of you gotta get goin' on 32M so James isn't the only one there. :p

GeniusInABottle said:
where can i get the newest version of super pi? this is the kind of thing you should have in the first post. :p

Yep, you are right. I found it in a couple of seconds with our best friend, Google :cool:

Para

Mine was with dual opteron 250s (I know its not dual CPU supported, saying incase u needed) @ 2588.2mhz

here's 1m@25sec. Still workin' on 32m :D
superpi3300.jpg

I get the NO SQRT message lots of times, dont know whether its because I've got my clock too high though...

I'm going to edit this again assuming Corn hasn't read this thread yet...and will be the last time I edit this post, promise :)

40s on 1M, 36m 28s on 32M (going to make another image like the one below to show truth of bench :))

*deleted, removed image*

I'm going to recommend corn make all submissions show THIS output instead of just the main results window...because anyone can edit the .txt in the program's folder and say they got 1s for 32M :p Now we wouldn't believe that, but say you're trying to one-up someone, pretty easy way to OC the crap out of ur processor just to boot to windows, then open CPU-Z, and show the 'edited' results...

My 2 pennies.

hardocp.jpg

ironically the raptor drive i bought to speed up my pc limits my fsb overclock =(

37 seconds Athlon 64 3200+ @ 2500mhz

I got no where to host the screenshot though..

Corny, where's my score? 31s I told you!

Put my name up there for now, screencap tomorrow when I get home. You can trust me :)

Damn my HP set up can only do 1M in 46 seconds..I feel so slow :)
Here's my proof.
I never knew I had a prescott...

1M@42s i really need to get that geil golden dragon to up the fsb...
ryuji2.jpg

I just got my new Dell 9200 in the mail yesterday so I thought I would give SuperPi a run through.

2.0ghz Pentium M
1gig RAM

I was pleasantly surprised by the 41 seconds.

SuperPi -- 41 secs

Looking at how things are turning out it looks like that the 1M Top10 might not have been a good idea. As very soon people are going to start coming in at the exact same times, and before you know it half the list will be ppl with the same time, and other's with the same time won't be able to get listed.

I'm editting the first post from here on in to only allow 32M results....as its more of a true test of your system, requiring a good 20+ minutes of computation...and the results will differ enough to have a "proper" Top10 listing.

Sorry about all this, but the 1M Top10 is no more....so everyone (who has the time) get on over and run some 32M through and get listed.

:cool:

32 minutes, 18 seconds

supi.JPG

[EDIT:] Re-ran and got about 20 secs lower if it is going to make much difference... I have a feeling I will be raped pretty hard here shortly.

36m 28s on 32m

*deleted, removed image*

Will run test again and show the actual output for proof if need be.

Back