*** The Official [H]ard SuperPi Challenge ***

damn...I'd love to try phase change on one o' them pres-hots, but vapo units r expensive... Hope u get the parts u want and show us what they can do :)

RollerX said:
damn...I'd love to try phase change on one o' them pres-hots, but vapo units r expensive... Hope u get the parts u want and show us what they can do :)

So do I bro.....so do I. ;)

Hmmm..... I've dropped to 7th... Time to up the bus speed and reaffirm my standing. :D

PsycoGeek said:
Hmmm..... I've dropped to 7th... Time to up the bus speed and reaffirm my standing. :D

Re-affirm away.....I'm just chillin' for tonight, I might try and get back in the freezer tonight though, seeing as I got my DX8 partition up and running for 3DMark2001....and might be able to hit 30k tonight.

If I have time I might give SuperPi a few runs, but it's not really high on my list of priorities right now. ;)

PsycoGeek said:

You will never beat the <4ghz scores! BWAHAHAHAHAAAA!

Uh... I mean, good luck. :D

Sc4freak said:
You will never beat the <4ghz scores! BWAHAHAHAHAAAA!

Uh... I mean, good luck. :D

You are correct... but I've entered the 4ghz arena. Not a real big gain, or displacement of anyone, but then again, I haven't done the VTT or core voltage DROOP mods yet either. ;) I really don't think I need the VTT mod because I'm not exceeding 2.9v on the mem, but the core droop IS holding me back. I plan on fixing that soon, so stay tuned.

super_pi_2.jpg

the foray into the 4ghz + range is temporary until I get the droop mod done. Voltage is climbing too high for comfort, and the mod should stabalize it considerably, and let me go even higher (hopefully to 270mhz FSB +, with the mem still at 1:1).

Congrats on the 1GHz overclock bro.....I'm also looking at doing the droop mod with my MAX3, be sure to PM me and let me know how it goes if you get it done in teh next while.

Okay let's see

3.4E @4097mhz
DFI 875P-T 11/30 bios
2x 512MB OCZ PC3700EB @ 241mhz 3-2-2-6

SuperPi non-patched
superpi-32m_twk.jpg

SuperPi patched
superpi-patched_32m_twk.jpg

Thanks for actually showing the difference between the two.....even though the patched score isn't getting posted up. ;)

People here are on the honor system to use the unpatched version of SuperPi.....and since I have no way of checking which they used it's on you guys to be honest.

oh i thought the patched version counted hehe .. of well have to clock higher then :D

eva2000 said:
oh i thought the patched version counted hehe .. of well have to clock higher then :D

Go for it bro......but again, I'm putting people on the honor system when it comes to these times, and trusting them to do the right thing and use the non-patched version....just to try and level the playing field.

cornelious0_0 said:
Go for it bro......but again, I'm putting people on the honor system when it comes to these times, and trusting them to do the right thing and use the non-patched version....just to try and level the playing field.

easy solution for prescott users require they post both patched and unpatched times to be listed ;)

eva2000 said:
easy solution for prescott users require they post both patched and unpatched times to be listed ;)

There's a thought, I'll go edit the first post.......mind serving me up a link to the patched version though....I'm to lazy to go grab it myself this morning. ;)

pi final.JPG

pi final 2.JPG

It was to hot today to run at 4.2 so this will have to do untill i get my new water pump in from germany. yay for me making the list :)

patched pi.JPG

patchedpi2.JPG

thats the patched test,got in a hurry and dident read the rules :( but im still making the list right?

Nice. How much of a time difference is there between the Patched and Unpatched version of SupeerPi?

Enuff to say its cheating for us pressy guys! im happy he made us show patched and unpatched times..not every one is honest!

BitchBreaker said:
Enuff to say its cheating for us pressy guys! im happy he made us show patched and unpatched times..not every one is honest!

True, there's always one or two "bad apples"....even in a forum like this. ;)

Damn right..ohh and BTW..if i dont sell my phase change gear and i do build it i just want u to know (AMD guys) that i will be gunning for top score..if all else fails dont think i wont Liqued Nitrogen this chip and phase change my NB just to pull a 5ghz oc and stroke some 32m super PI!.. :p

superpi32mwcpuz.JPG

just did 32m at stock speeds. not a great score, but i will try some overclocking later :)

Kueller said:
Could I get my 27:57 3000+ score put up please?

Sry bout that bro.....keeping the three different Top10 threads up to date while working on my own posting leaves me a little forgetfull from time to time.

Anyone else, if I forget to get your score posted up and its been more then 24 hours since you posted it.....please PM me and let me know.

Well guys, I finally got some new times for ya.....memory was at 1:1, 2.5-4-3-5 for each run.....

unpatched Pi 32M: 26m 43s
norm_pi.JPG

patched Pi 32M: 25m 18s
patchd_pi.JPG

An end result of about a minute and a half cut off my time from the patch.....and my 1M went from 30s unpatched, down to 28s with the patch....which is usually how it ends up, about 2s difference is about average for 1M.

uclajd's score is somewhat reasonable.....because he's running a 3.2E at a much higher fsb then I am, along with 100Mhz extra ontop of that.....

However, I'm very tempted at this point to call Sc4freak's time into question. It makes sense in the sense that his DDR2 is clocked MUCH higher then mine, but I'd like to either see some Sandra memory scores from him at those clocks.....or a patched and unpatched comparison of his 32M.....because even with his DDR2 at 630MHz DDR, the fact that its still running at CAS4, and the fact that his cpu is 300Mhz behind mine still makes me think twice about it.

I'm not trying to play the bad guy here, it's partially my fault for not requiring patched and unpatched submissions from the start.....but because I'm using a seperate partition for these tests that IS as tweaked as you can possibly have XP, I'm using my setup as somewhat of a baseline for comparison with other times, and right now there are a few that aren't chiming in with me 100%.

Any people that have *** pending *** next to their time in the first post from this point on are required to supply me with a patched and unpatched screenshot at those clock rates to "clear" their time.

I'm not entirely sure if I have the patched or unpatched version if SuperPi. How can I check?

Sc4freak said:
I'm not entirely sure if I have the patched or unpatched version if SuperPi. How can I check?

Double back to the first post of this thread......download from both of the links I have supplied. Create two seperate Super Pi folders, and apply the patch to one of them. That way you can run it using the two seperat EXE's and get different results.

Post back when you've got both results so we can see. ;) Or jsut PM me the two pics and I'll update the list one way or another.

Hi Cornelious, and everyone else who may read this, do you think the new "J" processors will be much better oc'ers than the normal 5xx E0 stepping processors?

Cuz I got another water kit and am wondering if I should:
1. Get a 3500 winnie and hopefully get to about 2.8-2.9 range
2. Get a normal E0 stepping 3.2E and get above 4ghz
3. Wait for the new J 3.2

Thx!

RollerX said:
Hi Cornelious, and everyone else who may read this, do you think the new "J" processors will be much better oc'ers than the normal 5xx E0 stepping processors?

Cuz I got another water kit and am wondering if I should:
1. Get a 3500 winnie and hopefully get to about 2.8-2.9 range
2. Get a normal E0 stepping 3.2E and get above 4ghz
3. Wait for the new J 3.2

Thx!

If those are your three options I'd say FOR SURE.....go for the 3500+ winnie and see how high you can reach. It IS true that the J's seem to be MUCH better overclockers then the previous 5xx models.....but that being said, once the clock rates of an A64 start to scale up towards 3GHz, it takes a bit more then a 1GHz raw, clockrate advantage for a P4 to stay ahead....and after awhile, that "advantage" that's needed almost doubles.

If you get a decent 3500+ and have a well enough setup h2O loop running, you SHOULD be able to hit 2.8 - 2.9 without TOO much trouble.....that's assuming you get a decent chip. One thing's for sure, I'd take a 3GHz A64 over a 4GHz P4 ANY day.....the only reason I'm hanging on is because I might be picking up a Vapochill LS at the end of the month, and a month or two after that I have things ALMOST sealed so that I'd be picking up a 570J E0 Engineering Sample......that's a 3.8Ghz Prescott that has a VERY strong rep of hitting damn near (if not just past) 5GHz on Phase change or better cooling.

You have my opinion, out of those selections I say go with the 3500+ as your chances of an overall faster system are MUCH higher.

thx cornelious! I wish I had the money for phase-change cooling too :( Hope everything goes well with the 570j and vapo... hope to see some awesome OC's from you 2 months from now :D

RollerX said:
thx cornelious! I wish I had the money for phase-change cooling too :( Hope everything goes well with the 570j and vapo... hope to see some awesome OC's from you 2 months from now :D

Me2 man........me2. ;) :D

Back