*** The Official [H]ard SuperPi Challenge ***

Heres mine on my P4 4.15ghz, going for 4.25ghz later, wish me luck :D
Screen.JPG

Here is mine,I believe this is correct for what I should do.I hope this puts me in the top ten!I will be getting faster memory shortly,right now all i can run my mushkin at is 245 1\1 at 2.5-4-4-6

:D

benchmark1.JPG

Dj_ said:
Heres mine on my P4 4.15ghz, going for 4.25ghz later, wish me luck :D
Screen.JPG

Nice processor there buddy...And you have a half-naked guy for your wallpaper :eek: :p :D

jamezzz122 said:
Nice processor there buddy...And you have a half-naked guy for your wallpaper :eek: :p :D

Oh very funny, How many people do you see surfing in a suit and tie :D

cornelious,

Maybe you could extend the lists to top-20 or top-25? It would encourage more participation, IMO.

BTW, I am getting my modded board back on Thursday, so expect a faster run. :D

Thanks ice weasel, def on water, though ive seen some people on xtreme systems getting clocks like this and some even higher on air, though thats pretty rare. Just built it so wanted to try and get on the list while its still pretty high end :p

system specs:
A64 3200+ @ 2.75ghz (10X275) stepping: CBBFD week :0441 RPMW
1gig ocz 3200 el plat rev 2 @ 275 2.5,4,4,10 2t
epox 9nda3+
evga 6800gt @ 440mhz 1.14 for gaming
120 gb 8meg seagate hd
80 gb 8meg seagate hd
nec 3500a 16x dvd burner
cm stacker case

Cooling:
DD RBX w/ # 5 nozzle
polarflo TT gpu block
DD laing d4 12v pump
DD double heatercore
2 120mm panaflo L1A's
custom shroud
DD hdpe bay res

cornelious0_0 said:
Weird, I never noticed it before....and now you've got me wondering.

Maybe you could go straight to the source and email AMD about it, and see what is exactly effected in/by the different Brand ID's.

The only thing i can put it down to is that the CPU Z they are using has a different code at the bottom left to the one im using i have downloaded another CPU-Z and the BRAND ID code is the same now 36.

snakebiteuk35-CPUZ.jpg

uclajd said:
cornelious,

Maybe you could extend the lists to top-20 or top-25? It would encourage more participation, IMO.

BTW, I am getting my modded board back on Thursday, so expect a faster run. :D

Seeing as I've also got the [H]ard ARC and [H]ard ORB to look after I wanna keep it to a Top10, just for simplicity.

Luciferin's score is beating mine on the AMD side, I should be in 5th place.

OCZ memory seems to work well with AMD machines.

Frank Castle said:
Here is mine,I believe this is correct for what I should do.I hope this puts me in the top ten!I will be getting faster memory shortly,right now all i can run my mushkin at is 245 1\1 at 2.5-4-4-6

:D

... Dude.. what is wrong with your brain. You need to post a screenshot of the Pi calculation FINISHING. Not of the results screen.

WHY CAN'T PEOPLE READ?!?!?! GOD DAMMIT.

*asplodes*

Hi guys. I just finnished a record time of 23min 01 seconds but can't seem to find a way to post a screenshot. :confused: How??
Never mind, I didn't read the first page.

mike.elmes said:
Hi guys. I just finnished a record time of 23min 01 seconds but can't seem to find a way to post a screenshot. :confused: How??
Never mind, I didn't read the first page.

Ohhh.. you're SO lucky you edited that. The wrath of cuddles was about to be unleashed ;)

Ran again and chopped a minute off on a different type of bus (DL380 G3)

If you guys want, I can run this on the mother off all X86 Based HP servers and show you how bad they suck...

DL740

20 GB ram in that guy :eek:

32_2.jpg

new run, upped clocks a bit

Damn you snakebite, beating me :p dunno if ill be able to coax much more out of my sys

27.47.JPG

luciferin, I got pretty much the same watercooling setup as you, what kind of temps are you hitting at idle and load with it at 2.77ghz and is it stable in programs besides superpi?

Wow, incredible score luciferin.
Seems the faster memory speed makes a big differance.
Wish I could try some OCZ in my system, but oh well. Maybe when that FX57 comes out and I decide to upgrade my CPU/memory.

guerillah, havent really tested it much at 2.77, just tried it for the superpi run, day to day have been using it at 2.75. At 2.75 it has been stable in prime for long periods of time at least a few hours, and has also been stable in vampire bloodlines. Usually load on it has been around 52-54C when priming but there are a few things i want to do this weekend to see if i can bring the temps down a bit, for some reason small foamy air bubbles (happened when i added a bit of water wetter) will not come out of the loop so im gonna drain and see if i can get rid of them, hopefully improve temps some. The bubbles are driving my temps up, it used to idle in the 30's and after the water wetter/foam it has been idling in the 40's. How about you, what are your temps looking like? also whats your max clock and what week was your proc if you know it?

NoGodForMe, if you want to see some crazy mem timings check out xtreme systems forums sometime, some of the guys over there have mem at 300 2.5,3,3,10 etc. I agree though, mem does seem to affect pi times by a large amount, it would be nice if the 9nda3+ would do 1t which would prob help scores a bit. I also tried loading at htt 305 3,4,4,10, which got into windows but crashed almost right away, would have been nice times if it had worked though.

p.s. dont want to seem like im pimping xtreme systems, but i check threads there a lot, some crazy overclockers over there

JamesEarlRay, def agree, for example your nice clocks on that fx ;). There just seem to be an unusually large group over there with cascades, something i wouldnt even contemplate building cuz of the possibility of blowing yourself up :eek: Def a little bit crazy

Luciferin said:
guerillah, havent really tested it much at 2.77, just tried it for the superpi run, day to day have been using it at 2.75. At 2.75 it has been stable in prime for long periods of time at least a few hours, and has also been stable in vampire bloodlines. Usually load on it has been around 52-54C when priming but there are a few things i want to do this weekend to see if i can bring the temps down a bit, for some reason small foamy air bubbles (happened when i added a bit of water wetter) will not come out of the loop so im gonna drain and see if i can get rid of them, hopefully improve temps some. The bubbles are driving my temps up, it used to idle in the 30's and after the water wetter/foam it has been idling in the 40's. How about you, what are your temps looking like? also whats your max clock and what week was your proc if you know it?

At 2.71 ghz at 1.5V, I idle at about 33C, and load at 42C in prime95. The computer is stable in everything at this setting. This is 1 loop with cpu and 6800GT in it. I have water wetter and distilled water and luckily have not experienced the same problem you have. Are you using any kind of a divider to get your FSB that high?

Thx for the great showing so far you guys....this is turning out to be a great little thread so far, and I'll keep going as long as you do. ;)

To the person who commented on the screenshot method being lame....would you please specify? If you think having to take screenshots at all is lame then I don't know what you'd recommend, because although I'd like to, I CAN'T go on ppl's word here, or we'd have scores jumping by a few seconds when people "update" them, just to stay in the lead.

However, if you disagree with the TIME in which you have to take the screenshot (with the "finished" window on the screen then you need to think about something. Letting people take screenshots of that comulative result window means as little as not requiring pics at all.....because the numbers/time in that result summary screen can be easily edditted, and have next to no credibility.

I don't mean to sound like a hardass here, it's just that this is (I feel) the best way to get things done.

I'm completely open to suggestions though, if someone honestly thinks they have a way to make the thread any better or more accomodating...just let me know, and I'll at least give it some though.

Haha, nice bro....reminds me when I was still pushing my rig on this DFI board and managed to hit EXACTLY 82,000 in Aquamark3. :p

James Earl Ray said:
Dude you rock. :D Lets see some 3D benches!

No kidding, it's nice to finally see a 6800U owner hit a nice clock like that with an FX-55 around here....show us what you got, and hurry back over the the ARC and the ORB. ;)

EDIT: Man, I've already got my VERY capable OCZ PC4000EL memory, I really wish I had the cash to switch to an FX-55 and pick up a Vapo....being 19 sux. :(

Guerillah said:
At 2.71 ghz at 1.5V, I idle at about 33C, and load at 42C in prime95. The computer is stable in everything at this setting. This is 1 loop with cpu and 6800GT in it. I have water wetter and distilled water and luckily have not experienced the same problem you have. Are you using any kind of a divider to get your FSB that high?

I assume you mean divider on the ram or maybe htt multiplier? the ram is running 1:1 275 @ 2.5,4,4,10 (tccd chips) and htt multiplier is 3x. What can you get that chip to @ 1.6v and what week is your chip, if you know. Mine is a 0441 RPMW, cbbfd stepping. Im def. annoyed about the foaming and am gonna get it out this weekend, and also check a few other things to hopefully bring temps down a bit.

centvalny said:
I'm thinkin jump to red ship. Green one kinda out of gas :D

Let me know when/if you do decide to make the switch...and I'll hold my breath that you get an XT-PE that overclock as nice as mine, as I've got nothing but good things to say about my card hitting 650MHz /w 1.62v and nothing but the pencil mod done to the card.....and my load temps are still a tad high, so I'm pretty sure that with h2O and 1.75v or so should get me to my goal of 675MHz.

It's such a fun ride on the red rollercoaster right now, won't you join us? ;)

I bested my old time by 87 seconds, with stock FSB and a x14 multiplier (2860.3 mhz). With the x13 multiplier, 210 was the best FSB I could manage (2734.8 mhz). It wouldn't even post on x15. I'll have to admit, I was hoping to get a bit more OC out of this. Don't guess I should complain, though...the FX-55 is fast as damnit from the factory.

SuperPi_2860.JPG

I'll have to admit, I was hoping to get a bit more OC out of this. Don't guess I should complain, though...the FX-55 is fast as damnit from the factory.

No kidding, and with so many [h]ardcore oc'ers low on money like myself....it's pure torture to hear you guys saying how you wish you were getting more out of your FX-55's. :rolleyes: :p

cornelious0_0 said:
Let me know when/if you do decide to make the switch...and I'll hold my breath that you get an XT-PE that overclock as nice as mine, as I've got nothing but good things to say about my card hitting 650MHz /w 1.62v and nothing but the pencil mod done to the card.....and my load temps are still a tad high, so I'm pretty sure that with h2O and 1.75v or so should get me to my goal of 675MHz.

It's such a fun ride on the red rollercoaster right now, won't you join us? ;)
Prolly so :D Its kinda lonely being green at ARC and ORB nowadays ;)

Back