*** The Official [H]ard SuperPi Challenge ***

n64man120 said:
j/w wuts doubled caps and mosfets?

Just what it sounds like, although I would like to know how it's being done and who's doing the mods.

Not ALL s478 boards can handle OC'd Presy setups....but many still can, and the MAX3 is one of them so far...all it really needs is the VTT and vdimm mods to be good to go for extreme OCing.

EDIT: I realise that this is more of a lengthy test and not a LOT is going on right now, but can we please try and keep this thread on topic for the time being? At least until the two Top10's are filled. :)

cornelious0_0 said:
Not ALL s478 boards can handle OC'd Presy setups....but many still can, and the MAX3 is one of them so far...all it really needs is the VTT and vdimm mods to be good to go for extreme OCing.)
With all due respect, none are really equipped for it due to power, heat, and droop issues, and the Max3 is one of the worst:

(MAX3) is the weakest of all of them. It only supplies 75 Amps continuous, where the IC7-G supplies 105 Amps continuously. This is only due to the fact that Abit fitted one powerfet per phase on the MAX3, and two per phase on the IC7-G. Probably they did this just to accomodate all the extra gizmos of the MAX3. Source
For the seminal thread on this issue, (and the supreme experts on this issue) see here, just so we don't hijack this one. ;)

But I will say, when I get the modded board, if I run 1.7v through this puppy with no droop, I'm going for 24 minutes. ;)

NOTE: 1M TEST HAS BEEN DROPPED. WE DON'T NEED ANYMORE KTHXBYE ;)

Anyway, yeah spin very nice...I plan on getting the same heatsink (XP-120) with a panaflo since that's what's recommended...I'd like to just get another fan like the back of my case has (aspire 120mm blue led fan), but I doubt it would do as good a job, plus I'd have to rig the connecter :p

uclajd said:
With all due respect, none are really equipped for it due to power, heat, and droop issues, and the Max3 is one of the worst:

(MAX3) is the weakest of all of them. It only supplies 75 Amps continuous, where the IC7-G supplies 105 Amps continuously. This is only due to the fact that Abit fitted one powerfet per phase on the MAX3, and two per phase on the IC7-G. Probably they did this just to accomodate all the extra gizmos of the MAX3. Source
For the seminal thread on this issue, (and the supreme experts on this issue) see here, just so we don't hijack this one. ;)

But I will say, when I get the modded board, if I run 1.7v through this puppy with no droop, I'm going for 24 minutes. ;)

I'm just acting/speaking based on the facts that my DFI is having major problems with the 3.4E. I dont believe it's a voltage issue with the board however.....because it seems alot of ppl/boards have been/were having compatibility issues with the 3.4E SL7E6 D0 that I've got. If I can come across a fix for my board then I would prefer to keep it, but the fact of the matter is that right now my board is not capable (one way or another) of more then 4.13GHz, and HeavyH2O was doing 4.25GHz on his MAX3, and didnt even get to try for more because of his ram.

The MAX3 may or may not be the best s478 board around, but my point stands that between it and my Lanparty board for the 3.4E the MAX3 IS the better choice.....unless I can get "around" my issues with the DFI.

K, please no more of this in here, I appreciate your concern, but this thread is already going much more off topic then the ARC and ORB did in their first few days, and I want to start this thing out better then this.....

ryuji4.jpg

new

sabrewolf732 said:
Is that all I need :confused:
yes.. perfect.. now lets educate the idiots that dont realise that someone can modify results tthe other way

ryuji said:
yes.. perfect.. now lets educate the idiots that dont realise that someone can modify results tthe other way

erm sorry, can you change your thing to the new one I posted? forgot to edit aim names out :p

ryuji said:

I agree, but not lets be TOO rash.....I simply won't post the times up until they catch on. ;) :p

haha, you just BARELY fit it in the window.....at least I can read it.....good stuff. ;) :D

EDIT: Now we just need some more Intel scores up, don't wanna have the AMD start cycling scores out before "we're" even full on our side. :rolleyes:

Hehe, oh well....at least the fastest Intel time is a BIT ahead of the top AMD by James....just by a tad....and I know his FX is doing more then 3GHz, so I guess it doesn't count for THAT much. :p

superpi2.jpg

31 minutes, 16 seconds, EDIT: ah crap, I didnt see that you wont be taking them like this now :( Guess I gotta rerun the damn thing over again.

Guerillah said:
31 minutes, 16 seconds, EDIT: ah crap, I didnt see that you wont be taking them like this now :( Guess I gotta rerun the damn thing over again.

At least you noticed.....I thank you for that.

Thx for the participation....but if you have any fellow [H]ard buddies running Intel rigs tell 'em to get over here...I dont care WHAT the times are, but we need some more Pentium times up there. :p

Here you go cornelious0_0... put my name on that list for the P4's bro.

super_pi.jpg

Excellent, thx for the Intel scores you guys.

Oh, and snakebiteuk35, read the first post again.....you have to drag the window down a bit.....cus there's a 25th reading that it does....which is your actual time.....so it'll be a minute or so longer then the 28m 18s pic you posted.

i dont think ill make it into top 10 but heres mine..

hardocp2.jpg

too bad the raptor is my boot drive.. if i can get 250fsb i bet i can get near 33min....

overall pretty impressive for a athlon xp IMO

Alex41290 said:
dude...you have an FX-55...AT STOCK :eek:

:p....OC the living crap outta that thing...get watercooling or a Prommy, jeez...when you have a "higher being" like that, you hafta take advantage of that..

good luck! and nice time!

LOL i will overclock it when i get a vapochill ls i can run it at 2862 at 1.500V :D

I have also noticed that when reading other people's CPU Z with FX 55 CPU's i see that it says BRAND ID 36 but my says BRAND ID 9 why is mine different to the others FX 55's brand id's

Also has my score been accepted now ???

how do you take a screenshot of your desktop, I must have pressed every button, where does it save it to, got 28mins on my 4.15ghz P4

I have a screen shot of my results, but how do I post them?

32m 04s for 32M on an Intel P4

Stinky

Thats what I wanna know too, got the saved image but when you press insert it comes up with img or something like that. I apolagise for being a noob :D

Back