*** The Official [H]ard ORB ***

cornelious0_0 said:
Haha, nice.....just barely, nice to see ya out. :cool:

I'm sure it's going to last a long time :rolleyes:

...countin' down the days before people start getting 7800's :(

oh well....I took a screen shot :D

EDIT: Oh man.....top 10 on the [H]ard ORB, AND "gawd" status!!!!!! I don't think this day can get any better!!!!!!

sarbz said:
EDIT: Oh man.....top 10 on the [H]ard ORB, AND "gawd" status!!!!!! I don't think this day can get any better!!!!!!

Haha, nice....soak it in bro.....

I'm just over 100 posts away from my goal myself. ;)

Will be fitting the NV5's to the Ultras at the weekend. Wonder how much more leg room there is in these babies :)

OT: is there a list of forum ranks and number of posts? I hadn't noticed mine changing until you mentioned it!

Will be fitting the NV5's to the Ultras at the weekend. Wonder how much more leg room there is in these babies

Should hopefully work out fairly well for ya...let us know. See what your temps are like and let me know if you want me to do my mods to the NV5 that I did with mine to help out my temps another 8C or so on load.

is there a list of forum ranks and number of posts? I hadn't noticed mine changing until you mentioned it!

I don't believe there's a list of anything...but I'm going for 10k pretty soon, and the last "title" is at 16xxx posts...when you get to make your own "title".

yang88she said:
sorry, 7856 here

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=975429

wow cornelious, I just realized how close our clocks were as (cpu and gpu) I'm sure you can out bench me if you tried, plus your using old drivers :D

What the heck? Check out my old intel setup: http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=738975

and compare it to yours. That really baffles me. My stats were almost identical, and my score is a LOT lower.

Edit: Ok, here are my CPU scores. There was definitely somthing wrong with my setup. I refuse to believe that the Prescott could beat the northwood so badly in 3dmark05. I had 2 different 3.2ghz prescotts and they both benched the same (or slower) since my northwood would clock higher than them. :confused:

wow cornelious, I just realized how close our clocks were as (cpu and gpu) I'm sure you can out bench me if you tried, plus your using old drivers

I'm not sure if you're a little newer around here...but I haven't had that 3.4E / X800XT-PE setup running for a LOOONG time. :p :(

cornelious0_0 said:
I'm not sure if you're a little newer around here...but I haven't had that 3.4E / X800XT-PE setup running for a LOOONG time. :p :(

yeah i just noticed your sig, sorry it's been a rather slow day haha, need to OC/kick start the brain today

yang88she said:
yeah i just noticed your sig, sorry it's been a rather slow day haha, need to OC/kick start the brain today

Haha, not a problem.

We'll see where I am at the end of the year.....if I can get the job I'm looking at then I'm ditching this A64 for a P4 840 3.2GHz Extreme Edition Dual Core, Asus P5WD2 955X board, and 2x1GB of Mushkin PC2-6400 DDR2. :cool:

cornelious0_0 said:
Haha, not a problem.

We'll see where I am at the end of the year.....if I can get the job I'm looking at then I'm ditching this A64 for a P4 840 3.2GHz Extreme Edition Dual Core, Asus P5WD2 955X board, and 2x1GB of Mushkin PC2-6400 DDR2. :cool:

"daaaaaaamnnnn!!!!"

those duel cores are nice, some reviews are saying those duel cores OC rather well, but the ram...wow that's some crazy speeds :drool:

'grats on the first 7800GTX score uploaded onto any Top10.....lookin' pretty good. :cool:

Now move on and get scores "in" for 3D01 and 03...and stop and hit up the Aquamark3 Top10 while you're at it. :D

cornelious0_0 said:
'grats on the first 7800GTX score uploaded onto any Top10.....lookin' pretty good. :cool:

Now move on and get scores "in" for 3D01 and 03...and stop and hit up the Aquamark3 Top10 while you're at it. :D
Enjoy it when it last :D...I'll be back with the same monster and a little upgrade on cpu ;)

centvalny said:
Enjoy it when it last :D...I'll be back with the same monster and a little upgrade on cpu ;)

comin' forward with a nicer SD FX-55 at -90C or have you gotten yourself a 57? :D

Just decided to include PCMark04/05 results.....gonna email kyle right now about getting the thread(s) put on the front page for some more action.

cornelious0_0 said:
Just decided to include PCMark04/05 results.....gonna email kyle right now about getting the thread(s) put on the front page for some more action.

let's start

PCmark05 = 5,009
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?pcm05=21327

pcmark05_452-1210_5009_tn.jpg

cornelious0_0 said:
Should hopefully work out fairly well for ya...let us know. See what your temps are like and let me know if you want me to do my mods to the NV5 that I did with mine to help out my temps another 8C or so on load.
cornelious I am having problems with the NV5's. I used to get about 54 idle and 68 load with the stock coolers and now I'm getting 63 idle and 82 load. I had far HIGHER temps the first few times I installed the NV5's but I redid the AS5 a few times and made sure I had complete contact, now the temps are better than they were but still not up to snuff.

Any ideas? I assume that the MX1 paste isnt any better than AS5?

I have ordered 5 new Panaflo's for my Lian-Li PC60 today, 4x80mm for intake and exhaust and 1x120mm for the cpu (to replace the ystech noisemaker).

eva - 'grats on the first PCMark05 score and your #1 spot. :D

starfury - quick question/idea before I run off to work, you aren't leaving that "X plate" on the back of the card during the NV5 installation are you? I HAVE seen some NV5's in the past that were simply NOT going to be capable of decent contact...

cornelious0_0 said:
thanks wonder how long i last until X2 and P4 systems start popping up heh

cornelious0_0 said:

starfury - quick question/idea before I run off to work, you aren't leaving that "X plate" on the back of the card during the NV5 installation are you? I HAVE seen some NV5's in the past that were simply NOT going to be capable of decent contact...
You mean the default x plate? No I removed that like I was supposed to andf fitted the xplate which came with the NV5's. They are rev 2's remember.

Maybe I have just been unlucky. 2 hours of BF2 and I get up to 82C (430/1.11). It's not THAT bad but I was hoping for better obviously.

starfury6 said:
Maybe I have just been unlucky. 2 hours of BF2 and I get up to 82C (430/1.11). It's not THAT bad but I was hoping for better obviously.

That's all I can think of.....no other reason why your temps would be THAT bad with it if you're sure you're getting good contact.

Fitted all 5 of the new Panaflo fans and also redid the AS5 on the NV5 AC Silencers.

Card 1 now idles at 60C and is full load for over an hour of gaming at 75C.

Much better. Now to get some new 3dmakr numbers for you...

3DMark01 23,983
3DMark03 15,731
3DMark05 7,157

All scores in sli @ 548/1100.

Is there an update I'm missing for 2k1, as the scores for 03 & 05 scaled almost 90% in sli, but 01 only increased 11% over 1 card?

canislupy said:
3dmark05: 8956

Nice score, and an amazing OC on the 7800. Is it pretty stable there? I haven't tried anything above 500/1300, which seems stable.

kmeson said:
Nice score, and an amazing OC on the 7800. Is it pretty stable there? I haven't tried anything above 500/1300, which seems stable.

Not fully stable there. I have to blast the AC, and even then I was only able to run it a few times at those speeds. All air colling, nice loud fans help. :D

I only OC the GPU for benches though, so I'm not sure where my stability point really is.

Why have so many people been posting their compare links wrong?

Usually I would have fixed it for ya, or found it myself but my efforts have proved to be fruitless.
Here is what a compare link looks like:
ttp://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=749630

Back