*** The Official [H]ard ORB ***

WTF, why am I the only one with the 6800 in the top ten, where are all the Ultra people?

boostieboy said:
WTF, why am I the only one with the 6800 in the top ten, where are all the Ultra people?

What tweaks are you running? Im running same driver as you, faster cpu and higher 6800 clocks at 475/1.26ghz with pretty much every XP service disabled (not a fresh xp install tho this is my main partition) and I get almost 200 marks less than you... http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=118775 6800s SUCK for 3d05 :rolleyes:

Cornelious maybe there should be a separate nvidia list for 3d05?

aoc007, your score is actually abnormally low.....my P4 was clocked at 264fsb for 3.69GHz, with my memory at 1:1 2.5-4-4-7, and my GT only clocked at 440/1200 and you're less then 100 points ahead of me. Give me a 3.9GHz P4 and a 6800 @ 475 core and I'd be clearing 6k easily.

What drivers are you using for that 5800 score?

cornelious0_0 said:
aoc007, your score is actually abnormally low.....my P4 was clocked at 264fsb for 3.69GHz, with my memory at 1:1 2.5-4-4-7, and my GT only clocked at 440/1200 and you're less then 100 points ahead of me. Give me a 3.9GHz P4 and a 6800 @ 475 core and I'd be clearing 6k easily.

What drivers are you using for that 5800 score?

66.70 from guru3d... just used driver cleaner to clear my previous 61.77 the other night. This is on my everyday partition Im too lazy to create one for benching I'll do that when the fx-55 and dfi 939 and I get mine, but I did disable shitloads of services, maybe bloated registry from all the programs I have installed? Also I dont run 1:1 but cpu doesnt seem to matter much in 05.

cornelious0_0 said:
Good stuff bro, ya just made it. :p

Not many ultra's up there :)

After I flashed my card with the extreme bios I was only tring to push the core and ram. But it has artificats so I stopped. Then yesterday I started upping the ram only. It's completely stable up to 1290 no artifacts.

Doom3 timedemo is really impressive:

1280x1024 high detail 8xAF = 92fps
1600x1200 high detail 8xAF = 84fps

btf said:
Not many ultra's up there :)

After I flashed my card with the extreme bios I was only tring to push the core and ram. But it has artificats so I stopped. Then yesterday I started upping the ram only. It's completely stable up to 1290 no artifacts.

Doom3 timedemo is really impressive:

1280x1024 high detail 8xAF = 92fps
1600x1200 high detail 8xAF = 84fps

That is impressive.....I really want to still make the switch to A64 for the gaming performance.....I can crack 80fps in 1280x1024 with my sig system and the card clocked a BIT lower.....but seeing those kind of numbers done at 1600 res is pretty nice.

I know it's been done, but anyone seen any screenshots of ppl pushin 100fps at 1600x1200 High yet?

Hopefully someone here can lend me a hand.
I'm having an odd error installing 3dMark05.
After I go through the first few screens, I come to the "what directory would you like to install in" screen (or a similar name), and it defaults to the Windows directory and the install size is 0MB.
That obviously isn't right.
When I hit next, it instantly goes to the finished screen.
When I uninstall, it zips through the uninstall, literally finishing in under a second.
I've tried deleting all associated 3dmark05 registry entries manually, but still no luck.

Has anyone else run into a problem like this or know how to fix it? Nothing like this is posted on futuremark.com, unfortunately.

rtierney said:
Hopefully someone here can lend me a hand.
I'm having an odd error installing 3dMark05.
After I go through the first few screens, I come to the "what directory would you like to install in" screen (or a similar name), and it defaults to the Windows directory and the install size is 0MB.
That obviously isn't right.
When I hit next, it instantly goes to the finished screen.
When I uninstall, it zips through the uninstall, literally finishing in under a second.
I've tried deleting all associated 3dmark05 registry entries manually, but still no luck.

Has anyone else run into a problem like this or know how to fix it? Nothing like this is posted on futuremark.com, unfortunately.

Sounds like the file you have is corrupted, have you tried downloading it again?

btf said:
Sounds like the file you have is corrupted, have you tried downloading it again?

yep, twice.
this all happened when i installed the patch for the latest version of 3dmark05.
as soon as the update finished, the program never worked again and it's been that way since.

:mad:

rtierney said:
yep, twice.
this all happened when i installed the patch for the latest version of 3dmark05.
as soon as the update finished, the program never worked again and it's been that way since.

Were you using a cracked or non-legit serial by change? I've heard of the patch having direct effects in relation to the ability to use nonlegit serial numbers.....just a thought.

Oh, and Gundamit.....'grats on the new score. :cool:

boostieboy said:
Because you guys are "optimized" for AquaMark and 3D Mark 2003.Futuremark's got to pass it around to the different GPU mfgs ya know.

haroldmeyer said:
Because you guys are "optimized" for AquaMark and 3D Mark 2003.Futuremark's got to pass it around to the different GPU mfgs ya know.

Haha, funny.....but obviously not true. ;)

"We" don't actually hold a big lead in 3DMark03.....not if you're looking at the upper upper end of scores on the ORB, all voltmodded/phase change cooled X800XT's. :p

It's alright though, I'll take Aquamark3 over 3DMark anyday...still my favorite benchy. ;)

cornelious0_0 said:
Were you using a cracked or non-legit serial by change? I've heard of the patch having direct effects in relation to the ability to use nonlegit serial numbers.....just a thought.

Oh, and Gundamit.....'grats on the new score. :cool:

what? me? no way :eek:

any idea on how to reverse whatever applying the patch did so i can go back to normal 3dmark05? or atleast get it to install at all?

Update tomorrow after I OC my processor, I'll also hit #10 I think in 3D03. Big epenises are fun

Good stuff joe, and yeah.....they kinda are aren't they? :p

any idea on how to reverse whatever applying the patch did so i can go back to normal 3dmark05? or atleast get it to install at all?

Hmm, other then uninstalling, and doing a registry/file cleaning in safe mode afterwards I have no idea what you might be able to try, I've honestly never heard of that happening before. :confused:

IceWeasel said:
anyone still pay attention to this thread??

It seems like it's been quite on and off lately.....after the initial hubub over 3DMark05 died down the thread really did quiet down. I dont' want to say it's a problem, but the thing is that the thread is a sticky.....so its not something that ppl see bumped to the top of the list every few days.....it's always there, and gets passed over quite frequently.

Unless I can coax Kyle to give me some more front page pimpin' I dunno how much traffic is gonna be comin' through here on a regular basis.

The top ten list from the video card thread!

I just found this OFFICIAL ORB thread! I can't believe I missed it for so long.

I have been maintaining a list of 3DMark05 scores over in the video card thread for a few weeks. I have 161 total scores right now. Here are the top 10 that I have collected from there.

James Earl Ray--------7,034----X800 XT-PE----660/610
Bomber--------------------6,908----6800 Ultra
FragMagnet--------------6,879----X800 XT-PE----629/609
mopey----------------------6,847----X800 XT---------648/590
mjl---------------------------6,822----X800 XT-PE----604/626
Rof_Imao------------------6,600----X800 XT-PE----600/617
Outcompute_123-------6,534----X800 XT-PE----644/607
Maxx------------------------6,347----X800 XT-PE----559.3/609
PureBoo Yah------------6,338----X800 XT-PE----565/585
joecuddles----------------6,263----X800 XT-PE----569/589

cornelious0_0 said:
It's alright though, I'll take Aquamark3 over 3DMark anyday...still my favorite benchy. ;)

I'll have to agree with you on that...

and to the post above...holy chit....660 on the core :O!!! that is freakin crazy! next thing ya know we'll be running 1GHz on the core...te hehehe

Alex41290 said:
I'll have to agree with you on that...

and to the post above...holy chit....660 on the core :O!!! that is freakin crazy! next thing ya know we'll be running 1GHz on the core...te hehehe

Well, ppl are already at about 850 or so.....not gonna be possible for 1GHz with these cards though.....not when you consider everything that's happening to hit 800 and above.

mentok1982, if people want their scores submitted to a Top 10 then get them to come post in my thread, which HAS been in place for a good while. I apprecaite what you're doing for the forum by having such a massive collection of scores, but that's what the REAL ORB is there for, for mass comparison.....I just want to show some of our home grown greats.

I agree with you on all counts. Some of these guys had proof and some did not. I will see if I can get them to post here.

mentok1982 said:
I agree with you on all counts. Some of these guys had proof and some did not. I will see if I can get them to post here.

Thx, I need a little bit more to do around here every night while I'm waiting for my heatercore to show up. ;) :p

Back