The Official [H]ard|Gaming Minecraft Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
the spring water is blue and has bubbles coming off it. When you get in it you take damage.

are you sure about taking damage in spring water? I thought that I read it was supposed to heal you.

Edit: babyblue showed me the water that she was talking about and it was the liquid poison. That stuff hurts you and gives you nausea.
The light blue water with bubbles, called spring water, heals your health bar along with your hunger bar.
The brown water is sewage and that stuff acts the same way as the poison.
I think those are all of the new liquids.

Last edited:
Babyblue: I walked into your place this morning to place a linking book to my home and discovered a mess in the room with your machines (near your wheat farm). I am not sure if you did that or if something else blew up (maybe a machine?) but the water from above is flowing down now and one of your chests must have blown up since items were everywhere. I picked up everything that I saw floating and put them all into the 2 chests that are left in that room. Not sure what happened but I did not try fixing anything just in case you wanted to see for yourself.

Also I put the linking book to my place inside your secret room.

Nk, when we update to 1.6, can we get a mod that has spells like Ars Magica? That was pretty fun to cast spells onto mobs.

Nk, when we update to 1.6, can we get a mod that has spells like Ars Magica? That was pretty fun to cast spells onto mobs.

Maybe. I removed Ars Magica last time because the Ars Magica brand of wisps were spawning out of control in some places and messing up the server.

Just throwing this out there.

How would people feel about going back to a pre-existing modpack to cut down on setup hassle and increase ease-of-use for recruiting new players?

Probably go with FTB Unleashed pack.

If it would cut down on issues and have more documentation available I'm all for it. And I do plan on returning once we upgrade to 1.6, might be able to bring a few people with me too :)

If it would cut down on issues and have more documentation available I'm all for it. And I do plan on returning once we upgrade to 1.6, might be able to bring a few people with me too :)

Cool. I am not sure when FTB will be updated to 1.6. I sent a PM to LOCO LAPTOP to see about getting us a new thread and stuff whenever we re-launch. Dudewth has been missing for a long time now and since I'm paying out of pocket to run the server I might as well make it official. I'll also be running a Starbound server whenever that comes out...

I like the idea of going back to using a pre-made pack. Easier for updating so you wouldn't have to keep distributing a newer version of the modpack every time a single mod gets updated. Like Slacker said, there would be a single wiki site with information on all of the mods so you do not have to go find what you need somewhere else.

The Unleashed pack seems promising after skimming through the list.

I like the idea of going back to using a pre-made pack. Easier for updating so you wouldn't have to keep distributing a newer version of the modpack every time a single mod gets updated. Like Slacker said, there would be a single wiki site with information on all of the mods so you do not have to go find what you need somewhere else.

The Unleashed pack seems promising after skimming through the list.

Yeah it looks pretty comprehensive. I'd turn on BiomesOPlenty which is disabled by default, but other than that, it looks good. I don't know how long it would take to update to 1.6. But the upside to waiting for 1.6 would be getting Xycraft back.. we'll see how things go over the next couple weeks I guess.

Yeah it looks pretty comprehensive. I'd turn on BiomesOPlenty which is disabled by default, but other than that, it looks good. I don't know how long it would take to update to 1.6. But the upside to waiting for 1.6 would be getting Xycraft back.. we'll see how things go over the next couple weeks I guess.

Also maybe turn on Nether Ores so we can mine in the nether since there is not much else to do down there.

Yea I never got into Xycraft so that part does not get me excited but the horses and donkeys in 1.6 do :D

Coming soon to Hardcraft, Talent25's Donkey Show.

LMAO, and now I will need to get someone to be the main attraction....
"Presenting, the Star of Talent25's Donkey Show, Jackass (insert name here)!"
How about arr4ws? I think he would be a good fit :p

LMAO, and now I will need to get someone to be the main attraction....
"Presenting, the Star of Talent25's Donkey Show, Jackass (insert name here)!"
How about arr4ws? I think he would be a good fit :p

Hahaha. poor arr4ws.

Since the only worldgen we are waiting on really is Xycraft, and it has retro worldgen whenever it gets updated, there's a good chance a current FTB Unleashed server could be updated to 1.6 without making a new world. But since there's no confirmation of that, I don't know...

Since the only worldgen we are waiting on really is Xycraft, and it has retro worldgen whenever it gets updated, there's a good chance a current FTB Unleashed server could be updated to 1.6 without making a new world. But since there's no confirmation of that, I don't know...

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ftb-ultimate-and-other-older-modpacks.26786/
"FTB Unleashed. (1.5.2) This is our new feature pack and is intended to provide an all round gaming experience that provides something for everyone. It is intended that worlds created in this pack will work with the 1.6 update although this is dependant on mod updates."

so... It should work

Okay, so we'll go with a 1.5.2 Unleashed world and hopefully it'll upgrade nicely to 1.6 packs when available. The optional mods Biomes O Plenty and NetherOres will be enabled.

I'm currently trolling through seeds trying to find us a nice starting area. Anyone who wants to install FTB Unleashed and roll through some seeds and give suggestions is welcome to. Once we settle on a nice seed, I'll create a new thread and we'll get the new map up pretty quick.

If you're gonna test out seeds, be sure to enable Biomes O Plenty and select the Biome O Plenty world type when you create the world.

Last edited:
I'll be checking on this thread. I've just been waiting for a new world to be generated then I'll hop back into Minecraft. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back