The Official [H]ard|Gaming Minecraft Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
RedPower 2 is out! Fuck yeah!

Apparently only for 1.4.6, though, while most other mods are 1.4.5 still...LOL.

Still..very excited. My 1.5-week vacation starts tomorrow and I'd love to get some FTB going at long last.

Sucks that it happens right around the holiday. A lot of modders will probably be busy with the holidays. Only thing really missing now from what we're used to on Tekkit is an updated Equivalent Exchange.

I won't be able to check if things are updated, so let me know here when I should look to update the server. I'll be out of town for about a week and a half after christmas as well so I won't have access most likely.

I won't be able to check if things are updated, so let me know here when I should look to update the server. I'll be out of town for about a week and a half after christmas as well so I won't have access most likely.

If you're thinking of going to FTB, it will probably be sometime after the holiday when they release a version that has RedPower2 included.

EDIT: And just like that I am proven wrong. They have released a Mindcrack FTB pack which has pretty much all the mods we would want on 1.4.6. After the holidays you could look into what it would take to convert over to FTB if you want because it looks to have all of the mods we would want.

Last edited:
I'm gonna probably be doing the Direwolf20 pack. GregTech looks kinda meh.

They are apparently coming out with an "Ultimate" pack but everything I want is in the DW20 pack anyway (other than EE3 which is not released yet, but will most likely be added to the DW20 pack).

Me and Lotheron put together a custom FTB-esque pack we've been using. It's really not all that hard to do a custom pack.

I'm gonna probably be doing the Direwolf20 pack. GregTech looks kinda meh.

They are apparently coming out with an "Ultimate" pack but everything I want is in the DW20 pack anyway (other than EE3 which is not released yet, but will most likely be added to the DW20 pack).

I didn't like GregTech at first either, but it has grown on me. The extra challenge is nice, however I do think setting it to easy configuration might be a bit better. I think I like the Mindcrack pack better than the DW20 pack.

GregTech for added challenge in Mindcrack.
Advanced Solars (MC) is better than Compact Solars (DW20)
Mystcraft is not in Mindcrack which is probably better for lag reasons.
Mindcrack has Twilight Forest which is just a lot of fun.

I do find GregTech more appealing these days, he's added a lot of features to amke up for his crazy recipe ideas.

I have mixed feelings about GregTech...it has some cool end-game stuff but I don't care for the extreme basic recipes. Probably there is a way to just disable that but I already started a DW20 world and I don't want to start over for the worldgen. :D. Might add it and use Mystcraft down the line.

I do find GregTech more appealing these days, he's added a lot of features to amke up for his crazy recipe ideas.

I have mixed feelings about GregTech...it has some cool end-game stuff but I don't care for the extreme basic recipes. Probably there is a way to just disable that but I already started a DW20 world and I don't want to start over for the worldgen. :D. Might add it and use Mystcraft down the line.

So here is how I feel about the harder recipes for macerator and renewable energy. A lot of this was shaped from the experience on the Tekkit server. Basically on the tekkit server it took a couple of hours of playtime to get a darkroom and 1 of each resource and then the game was over. I could build whatever I wanted, the game had become creative mode for all intents and purposes. Part of this was EE2's mess, part of it was the cheap power generation.

The harder recipes in gregtech make the game much more survival to me. A macerator is a hugely powerful tool, double resources and all. Having it cost 3 diamonds isn't really that crazy for me. Additionally making the renewable and unattended sources of power harder to obtain slows down the rate of power generation some. It makes you rely on other mods in the pack. Maybe you will make a tree farm from Forestry now to get charcoal to run your power generation.

I played with Gregtech on easy mode (basically disables the hard macerator recipe) for awhile and I think the changes it makes to solar and other renewable power is absolutely spot on. It doesn't really hamper you that much and it leaves the part of minecraft that I love, gathering resources and constantly working to that next thing, in the game. Without it the game becomes a bit stagnant, you always have resources and power and spend your time arranging them to craft things. With Gregtech you spend more time breaking up the crafting monotony by gaining resources.

That's my 3 cents at least. I know some might not like it, but I encourage you to try it out for a bit on single player. Even the harder macerator doesn't slow things down that much... I mean you only need to make 1 and it doesn't really take that long to find 3 diamonds.

I've been playing a lot of the DW20 pack lately (like, staying up till 4 AM playing :p) and so far I haven't found the macerator or anything else to be grossly overpowered. The little device you can make with the water mills and a retriever/filter/deployer setup would be the most OP thing so far IMO. Also, there is an exploit with blaze powder/rods and the macerator and EE transmutation stone where you can basically generate 5 blaze powder for every 2 you get. You use up durability on your stone, but it's extremely minimal.

I might add GregTech later down the line and make a MystCraft age for the worldgen or something. Some of the high-tier stuff sounds cool, but right now I'm having more fun not worrying about industrial centrifuging everything. I will also say that so far diamonds have been extremely rare for me. I've been playing for dozens of hours and have found maybe 20 diamonds total. With all the worldgen of the mods it seems like diamonds are all that much more rare. I made a IC2 Miner and got a few diamonds, but mostly copper and iron. Started a quarry going, but I need better fuel production to keep it at max speed.

Also, I'm not sure if GregTech changes the recipe for it, but the Thermal Expansion pulverizer is better than the macerator anyway.

Just a random update since no one is posting much...on my own game I've gotten a Nether lava pump system going, so EU is not much of a problem anymore. Also got my quarry going full speed (my base happens to be near a gigantic ocean, so I can quarry without tearing up the landscape) and got something like 50 diamonds from a full run. Sorting systems are so easy now with an RP2 Sorting Machine and barrels. Just got an Ender chest on the input and move the quarry when I need to.

Also, Thermal Expansion machines are AWESOME.

Need to get into bees now...I love this mod pack, there's so much to do.

I wouldn't mind changing from Tekkit to FTB as long as it is a more current version of minecraft. The new stuff that is being added to vanilla sounds interesting.

I don't know if this would be of any interest or welcomed, but I figured I'd offer.

For a long time, I ran a decently sized Minecraft community. 20-30 online players, etc. Built the website with sync'd user accounts, donations, etc... I wasn't really able to remain super active, and eventually the community fizzled out. Problem is, I invested heavily in my server room here at home to handle that and some other projects.

So, if you guys were interested in running a public or large Minecraft server, I have a 32GB ivy bridge i7 server, dual fiber internet, and high uptime (SMS alerting for server room and Minecraft itself goes to admins, checked externally and internally).

In 2012, I think the only outage we had as a nationwide routing issue affecting Verizon and Level 3 due to a bad BGP update taking down Juniper routers.

So anyways, if you guys want to work on a public server or use me as hosting, feel free to PM. I don't know what you guys use or are paying for, but I'm already paying for the resources to heat the room... :/

Yeah the dynamap is still flacking out. I will admit that I did not check logging it into the server.

Miss you guys!

I have this world downloaded from somewhere but never played on it, and I spent some time walking around thinking it might be an area of the hardcraft I played on.

It's clearly in the hashmang era, can anyone name the world? I only have two pics available at the moment.

[edit] Whoa, full-sized pics. Removed the IMG tags. And make that three pics.

http://i.imgur.com/RkR7QrH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZkUpfHA.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fdoHUmP.jpg

Miss you guys!

I have this world downloaded from somewhere but never played on it, and I spent some time walking around thinking it might be an area of the hardcraft I played on.

It's clearly in the hashmang era, can anyone name the world? I only have two pics available at the moment.

[edit] Whoa, full-sized pics. Removed the IMG tags. And make that three pics.

http://i.imgur.com/RkR7QrH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZkUpfHA.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fdoHUmP.jpg

That picture of Gir... I have seen that in one of the worlds that I downloaded as well but it had other art in that area as well. I thought someone said that was Soulseeker's? not sure if that was his name

No huge lava based structure?
I think I only played one map of Hash's that I didnt build something on.

My tree tower. Right where was my forest shrine that i burned down and crashed the server in the process.

Memories!

Say what?

Those screenshots are from the original [H] MC server run by SulSeeker I believe. The files are still up on my web server to download.

That's probably where I got it from; you linked to it in a post on this thread or the other big hardcraft thread. I wasn't clear what I mean by calling it your 'save'.

Fucking arr4ws!! :p

There doesn't seem to be much in the world that I haven't seen already but it's been fun exploring.

I keep getting the feeling that the Langoliers are going to show up any minute and devour this dead world.

Fucking arr4ws!! :p

There doesn't seem to be much in the world that I haven't seen already but it's been fun exploring.

I keep getting the feeling that the Langoliers are going to show up any minute and devour this dead world.

One railways lead to my home from the hashmines. I have a rollercoaster there. Found it?

Are you still running the Minecraft server? The status has been showing as: Server Down for awhile.

One railways lead to my home from the hashmines. I have a rollercoaster there. Found it?

Yes I did!

Does anyone have a link to the map I had my castle on? I'd like to roam around that for awhile.

Is there not an active server up atm?

I dunno about Hardcraft. Me and Talent have been playing on my server with some other guys, but we're kind of in a lull atm since we're waiting on a mod update to reboot our map and concentrate on a community focus. Everyone ended up too spread out this time.

If Hardcraft is dead I have no problem turning my server into Hardcraft whenever we reboot our map. We use a custom modpack with weekly updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back