The Official [H]ard|Gaming Minecraft Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
The nightly buids now are a lot more important though. the Mod devs can now depend on them for quicker and better management of broken plugins.

The nightly buids now are a lot more important though. the Mod devs can now depend on them for quicker and better management of broken plugins.

Good point. The weekly builds, after the API is implemented, will give developers a constant preview of upcoming API changes so they can have them ready by the time the official version goes.

Half blocks are really nice along with the other changes.

Has any decsion been made on what seed to use?

Not really a redstone expert but I just tried some of that and it works like in the video.
The ability for redstone to travel up a block but not down is huge. Plus with Glowstone acting like glass it doesn't cut off the signal if placed over the redstone.

How do you get the half blocks to go on the top half? Everything I tried didn't work... running 1.2.2.

Try placing the half block on the under side of a block above where you want it to be. Kinda like how you place upside-down stairs now.

The ability for redstone to travel up a block but not down is huge. Plus with Glowstone acting like glass it doesn't cut off the signal if placed over the redstone.

Yeah if that's how it behaves on all blocks, it's going to break a bunch of stuff for sure lol

Try placing the half block on the under side of a block above where you want it to be. Kinda like how you place upside-down stairs now.

You can place stairs upside down??? My mind = blown.

Dudewth:
once all of the plugins are updated and we are ready to update, can you post a day and a time or something of when you will update the server? I actually want to start on a fresh map when everyone else does, not later once people have had time to build stuff already. Also this would be interesting if a bunch of people all start at the same time then you have to survive together and make a mad dash to wherever you want to build.

Dudewth:
once all of the plugins are updated and we are ready to update, can you post a day and a time or something of when you will update the server? I actually want to start on a fresh map when everyone else does, not later once people have had time to build stuff already. Also this would be interesting if a bunch of people all start at the same time then you have to survive together and make a mad dash to wherever you want to build.

Yes I can do that. I will most likely restrict the server so only I can get on while I'm testing new plugins and then will post a day that it will go "live."

Hi everyone. Since the server is dead running version 1.1 I am going to upgrade to version 1.2.3. Keep in mind, there will be almost NO plugins running. It will basically be vanilla. No /spawn, /home, /warp, etc. We will use the "arr4ws" seed (let the jokes begin!) for the map.

We might restart the map once we go official depending on how the building goes and if anyone is an idiot. I will be doing this tomorrow, Sunday, so stay tuned until then.

Last edited:
We will use the "arr4ws" seed (let the jokes begin!) for the map.

Ok then.
I refuse to play on the map because it's a bad seed. :D
The last thing we need is more of arr4ws "seed" running around.

I could've sworn that I was going to think of more...

In case anyone wants/needs to connect to/maintain multiple versions (1.1, weekly snapshot, 1.2, etc.), I've found the Minecraft Profile Manager to be a pretty handy little program. After you create your profiles, you can copy your existing Minecraft directory/saves in if you want to replicate what you have now.

I hear the "arr4ws" seed drops you into the middle of nowhere in French Canuckistan.

Hi everyone. Since the server is dead running version 1.1 I am going to upgrade to version 1.2.3. Keep in mind, there will be almost NO plugins running. It will basically be vanilla. No /spawn, /home, /warp, etc. We will use the "arr4ws" seed (let the jokes begin!) for the map.

We might restart the map once we go official depending on how the building goes and if anyone is an idiot. I will be doing this tomorrow, Sunday, so stay tuned until then.

Thanks for the heads up

Dude, you have a time figured for when your gonna do this? I would like to join up and play a bit too.

Dude, you have a time figured for when your gonna do this? I would like to join up and play a bit too.

Probably 3-5pm unless I have to go out. Then it'll be later like 9pm. I'll keep the thread updated as I figure it out!

im using Uzor profile manager , works well.

to keep the current 1.1 , just create a folder in the profiles and move the .minecraft folder there.

If anyone is curious what our new world is going to look like, I have a Dynmap running of a test world on the same seed here. The flat map should be fully rendered soon. 3D Map will take longer. This is a 4k x 4k map, so lots of room.

Any chance the vanilla server will be up today? I'm itching to build :p

Yes, but it'll be later tonight. My computer is in pieces atm and I don't want to do all the server stuff on my laptop. I'm trying my best to get the computer up and running soon!

If anyone is curious what our new world is going to look like, I have a Dynmap running of a test world on the same seed here. The flat map should be fully rendered soon. 3D Map will take longer. This is a 4k x 4k map, so lots of room.

The isometric render is done if people want to take a look at the seed we'll be using in greater detail.

Yes, but it'll be later tonight. My computer is in pieces atm and I don't want to do all the server stuff on my laptop. I'm trying my best to get the computer up and running soon!

My mom could assemble watercooling faster than you!

Hrm. I don't know how/if it would be possible but what if we were to have a world map like the one from Supreme Commander <looks up a picture link. Awwww you need to register for imageshack now? That's super serial lame.>
eh, the map itself is here http://supremecommander.filefront.com/file/World_Domination;79976

Obviously not so big (that's 20km x 20km which is just MASSIVE)...

I went off on a tangent here. The map made from "arr4ws seed" looks nice :). I especially like how there's more than one area of snow unlike the last map. Then again, 1.1 added more snow and froze my moat :(.

(Edit) I especially like how that dynmap is set up. Has it been updated to look like that or did you modify it to look like that?
+1 to the my mom could put together watercooling faster than you/build a computer faster than you/why is your computer in pieces anyways?
(Mostly because she'd have me do it)

Last edited:
(Edit) I especially like how that dynmap is set up. Has it been updated to look like that or did you modify it to look like that?

There are settings. You can set the maps to very low res, low res, or high res. It's set to Low. Plus I turned Smooth Lighting on. Default is very low.

Yeah watercooling is tricky business sometimes. Oh, be sure to set dynmap to lowres instead of very low. Looks much better.

Will do. I'm deleting the old plugins now and dynmap is literally taking >5 minutes to delete. It creates SO many files it's ridiculous.

Also, I got all the issues resolved with regards to getting stuff installed. Now I think I'm short a couple of fittings and I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to get the back panel on with all these wires. :eek:

I'm testing the few plugins we'll be running and will post back here again when it's open to the public. Shouldn't be too long unless there are some major bugs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back