The Official [H]ard|Gaming Minecraft Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all Pirate Bay builders; The law came through town.

Signs have been placed where needed, and structures have been removed for infractions against the Pirate Bay Builders Code(tm).

Also, arr4ws, I like the tweaks to the boardwalk. I'm going to expand on what you did a bit.

wonder how are the chicken of the sea doing

The chicken of the sea was removed.

1. makes no sense for a pirate themed area
2. broke the rule of "do not build in the bay without asking me first"

Oh Nick , i want to add some more details on the area... some waterwork maybe under your staircase?

The staircase leading up to the Fortress? You can go ahead and remove the staircase if you'd like. I'm having trouble getting it to fit where I need it, and still lead up to the correct height. I'm thinking I'll make an entrance to the fortress from the tunnel just to the left of that area.

I'm scared now, I am going to check and see that my Pirate hideout is still there even though I'm at work. I think I was following the rules...

Edit: Ok my place is still there. Nick just so you know I was just doing the outline in stone, I am going to add wood pillars and accents to it once I get home tonight. I still have a few plans that I need to get worked out on how to accomplish for the pirate theme also.

I'm scared now, I am going to check and see that my Pirate hideout is still there even though I'm at work. I think I was following the rules...

Edit: Ok my place is still there. Nick just so you know I was just doing the outline in stone, I am going to add wood pillars and accents to it once I get home tonight. I still have a few plans that I need to get worked out on how to accomplish for the pirate theme also.

Sorry to scare you! I just don't want the pirate bay to turn into a ton of smooth-stone builds and nothing more! Hence why I put smooth stone on the "restricted" list :) But continue building! Please!

What the FUCK happened to my bunker?

I'm missing obsidian walls and floors, at least one chest is flat out GONE, another has been unprotected.

I'm rather pissed. WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?

My sugarcan farm under the bunker is completely trashed.

I want some fucking answers.

Last edited:
I like that you came back and bolded the last line.

Have an admin check, they can check information on blocks. Maybe they can find out who destroyed them.

Also, where is your bunker located?

Its underneath my home near the spawn.

Actually, the bolded part was there to bring with, the edits were for capitalizing. :)

But the point remains: I want some fucking answers. I want to know why the sugar cane farm under my bunker that I logged out last night is completely trashed. I want to know why one chest is completely gone and another is now unprotected. And I want to know why my obsidian walls and floors have holes in them when they didn't when I went to bed last night.

Sandman is not a very happy camper at the moment.

EDIT: Issue is being resolved. May I suggest Arr4ws not being allowed near lava controls ever again? :D

Last edited:
Its underneath my home near the spawn.

Actually, the bolded part was there to bring with, the edits were for capitalizing. :)

But the point remains: I want some fucking answers. I want to know why the sugar cane farm under my bunker that I logged out last night is completely trashed. I want to know why one chest is completely gone and another is now unprotected. And I want to know why my obsidian walls and floors have holes in them when they didn't when I went to bed last night.

Sandman is not a very happy camper at the moment.

EDIT: Issue is being resolved. May I suggest Arr4ws not being allowed near lava controls ever again? :D

should i summon a //hsphere 10 89 or a //hsphere 89 10

Nick i would like to redo the area near the warp. My vision is some kind of plaza with building around . I would have to destroy the current warp building. It would give more space to build around the bay for now.

Hit me back!

I've never really been happy with the community center, so feel free! I'll move the rule board to a temporary spot tonight.

Thanks Arr4ws!

I've setup a small sugarcane farm in the middle of the desert (you can see on the map where the lines of water are coming out from the pool), feel free to farm it, just make sure you replant!

I can' get logged in anymore. Tried rebooting, updating java,flushing java temp files, removing and reinstalling Java, connecting to other servers, I just can't connect anymore. WTF?

All it does is hang at "Logging In......" Then eventually says Took too long to log in or end of stream.

What's the deal with this server in terms of item spawning and world edits. Honestly, and without to wanting to stir up shit, zexx doesn't really have the best track record of being responsible, I am surprised to see him on the admin list.

Either way though, do people (or admins?) spawn blocks and make world edits at leisure or are blocks farmed by legit in-game methods by all?

...also getting end of stream error.

What's the deal with this server in terms of item spawning and world edits. Honestly, and without to wanting to stir up shit, zexx doesn't really have the best track record of being responsible, I am surprised to see him on the admin list.

Either way though, do people (or admins?) spawn blocks and make world edits at leisure or are blocks farmed by legit in-game methods by all?

To my knowledge no items are spawned. In fact, we've even made a good will area in the town next to spawn. People drop off items and pick up items at their discretion.

Just because Im crazy about lava does not mean im irresponsible, but hey, whatever.

You wont be seeing me on much until the map gets expanded a bit.

were a corrupt server... so expect ''some'' corruption!

I can' get logged in anymore. Tried rebooting, updating java,flushing java temp files, removing and reinstalling Java, connecting to other servers, I just can't connect anymore. WTF?

All it does is hang at "Logging In......" Then eventually says Took too long to log in or end of stream.

Are you trying to connect in fullscreen? I can never get it to connect when I have the game in full screen. I always have to go fullscreen after I connect, otherwise I get errors.

End of stream usually means the server is offline, though..

Either way, it's working for me right now.

Just because Im crazy about lava does not mean im irresponsible, but hey, whatever.
Maybe my comment was misdirected but if memory serves right you brought the original Hardcraft to its knees by detonating like 40k of (spawned) TNT? If that wasn't you then I apologize.

EDIT: Hashmang's server that is what I mean by "original".

Maybe my comment was misdirected but if memory serves right you brought the original Hardcraft to its knees by detonating like 40k of (spawned) TNT? If that wasn't you then I apologize.

EDIT: Hashmang's server that is what I mean by "original".

That must have been Ziggbie filling up the giant pit with TNT.

scatastrophe.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah that was it, sorry Zexx, confused you with Ziggbie, both have Zs and all. My apologies.

Can an admin please give me rights in the nether? I need some glowstone, and for some reason I can't do anything in the nether even though I have build rights?

LOL thats the 2nd time someone has confused me with Ziggbie and his fuxkup, he was much more crazy than I am.

Zexx

So...I'm playing 1.9.4pre and it includes the enchantment table, which allows you to turn xp into upgrades for armor/weapons/tools. Well faced with the daunting task of killing stuff to get XP, and slightly inspired by a friends arena idea, I made my first XP grinder. :)

It's pretty simple, it's just some spawners in a room w/a wooden gate at the door. Stand one block away and hack to your hearts delight and gain XP like mad.

xpgrinder.png

They can't reach you at that length, and the wooden gate doesn't flush precisely with the steel bars and kind of "floats" between them, and the xp balls(?) can fly through the sides of it. Works very well, I can get about 10 levels in ~10 minutes. To the best of my knowledge there's not currently any way to automate the killing of the zombies, but I'm looking into it.

Good times. :)

CleverGirl.jpg

Pretty neat actually. What do the upgrades to tools do? Make them last longer and such?

Just fyi to you corrupt admins... :D

I removed some chests in my home that nkd helped setup as dropchests before players had permission to set them up. If there's logs about me breaking four chests that don't belong to me that's what they were.

rmd: corrupt player. :p

Pretty neat actually. What do the upgrades to tools do? Make them last longer and such?

There are tons. Armor that deflects arrows or saves you from explosions, swords that light opponents on fire, picks that are crazy fast (I can clear a 100x100 room in the nether in under a minute), and there's one enchantment called silk touch that will let you harvest spawners with enchanted picks (on a 100% stock server). Cool stuff so far. I've been having fun with potions as well. My favorites so far are the ones that let you run a lot faster for 8 minutes, and the one that makes you immune to fire damage. That one really helps out if you say..want to build something in a lava pool. You can swim in the lava if you want with it.

pick1.jpg

pick2.jpg

Another guy wound up with a sword that could 1 shot kill spiders.

Last edited:
Here's a video clip of an Efficiency II pick on Netherrack. Again, this is a 100% stock server 1.9.4, outside of a mapping addon.

Video Link (4.7MB)

It's actually too fast for careful work. IIRC, that was only an L15 enchantment as well. It's pretty darn fast on cobble as well, but just unreal on nether. :p

Oh, and just for kicks, here's a rollercoaster Phandalyon made: http://www.newoldie.com/minecraft/phandcoaster.wmv

Last edited:
"Armor that saves you from explosions"

I think Sandman will like that.

Wow. Do those require JUST leveling, or potions too? And how long do the enchantments last?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back