The Official [H]ard|Gaming Minecraft Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were having a discussion about Modred's jail for unruly bar patrons, and the question came up: who built Hashcatraz on Hashland 1?

jail1.png

jail2.png

jail3.png

Last edited:
hashcatraz was one of the most well done built on any server i played. Seriously.

Hashcatraz was built by Dudewth. And it didn't get the attention it deserved. That's for sure.

^amen. It was across the lake from my place, and it was very cool.

On a side note, where are all the animals on the server. I don't see any anywhere. hard to collect wool/milk

On a side note, where are all the animals on the server. I don't see any anywhere. hard to collect wool/milk
Check inside caves and crevices... I always find a few in there trapped as they don't despawn anymore. Once the server gets to a certain point no more will respawn. Also keep in mind in 1.8.x the respawn rate is 400x slower than in 1.7.3.

As for wool I got a crapton just exploring abandoned mineshafts and collecting all the cobwebs.

Wait... animals won't spawn at all, period, ever, after a certain point? Even after a server restart? That seems like a serious flaw in logic on Mojangs part.

Wait... animals won't spawn at all, period, ever, after a certain point? Even after a server restart? That seems like a serious flaw in logic on Mojangs part.
I meant when there's a certain number of animals already spawned. There's a limit to how many animals there can be in a given area before they'll start spawning again. I wonder if that chicken coop is affecting things... :D

well bravo is going to kill 3/4 of my chickens, see will that help with missing animals.

There's a bug in the animal spawning code in 1.8.1. There will be a lot when the map is created, but once those are killed off, they respawn much more slowly than they used to. This has been fixed in 1.9.

Also, the dudewth.dyndns.org url is broken. mc.hard-gaming.org is still working.

Last edited:
There's a bug in the animal spawning code in 1.8.1. There will be a lot when the map is created, but once those are killed off, they respawn much more slowly than they used to. This has been fixed in 1.9.

Also, the dudewth.dyndns.org url is broken. mc.hard-gaming.org is still working.

mc.hard-gaming.org is the permanent link from this point on. Look at the OP post, it doesnt even list dudewth.dyndns.org anymore.

mc.hard-gaming.org is the permanent link from this point on. Look at the OP post, it doesnt even list dudewth.dyndns.org anymore.

Ah, I see.. Makes sense I guess.

On a different note, dudewth, it would be awesome if you would enable scrolling in the dynamic map chat. To enable it, you just have to uncomment the "scrollback: 100" line in the dynmap config and set 100 to however many messages you want to be saved in the scroll box.

ah. so it wasnt the chicken problems?

We were having a discussion about Modred's jail for unruly bar patrons, and the question came up: who built Hashcatraz on Hashland 1?

[IMG]
[IMG][/QUOTE]Oh wow! I don't have many screenshots of Hashcatraz. Do you have any more? I'd love to see them.

[quote="arr4ws, post: 1037935417"]hashcatraz was one of the most well done built on any server i played. Seriously.[/QUOTE]

[quote="NickTheNut, post: 1037935467"]Hashcatraz was built by Dudewth. And it didn't get the attention it deserved. That's for sure.[/QUOTE]

Thank you gents. Appreciate it, means alot coming from you two.

Here are the only screenshots I have:

My original mockup:
[IMG]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q293/enigma1406/hardforum/2011-01-04_150637.png

Outline:
2011-01-05_012333.png

Fence up:
2011-01-05_031434.png

Some buildings up but I had much more done after this:
2011-01-07_142215.png

Wow. Awesome to see the schematics/build in progress.

Yep! I have more screenies. I had planned to make a post called "Escape from Hashcatraz", but then that patch came about (1.2? 1.3? 1.4? lol) and we ended up rebooting the map and all that, so I never got around to posting them.

Right side entrance

jail25.png

Left side automatic doors

jail3.png

Stairs to the warden's room; doors on left and right to cells

jail4.png

Warden's room (Did you get a chance to finish it before the reboot?)

jail5.png

A row of cells, likely on the left side of the jail (if you were standing at the entrance)

jail65.png

Cells on the second floor, probably on the jail's right side

jail6.png

From the other side of the iron doors. There's no getting out!

jail9.png

Right side exit out into the courtyard

jail7.png

Cows!

jail75.png

The courtyard is very dangerous. Ladders to guard tower.

jail85.png

Very.

jail8.png

I scramble up the ladder in the previous screenie and...

jail10.png

I somehow managed to survive that encounter, and walk out onto the roof/guard tower complex.

jail12y.png

Another one of them, stuck on a fence.

jail13.png

Jumping off the roof to make my escape! Note: This escape required the assistance of a block.

jail11.png

Nice! Thanks for posting those.

I did have more done before we rolled the new map. I had finished the dining hall (where those skeletons were) and the building labeled processing/boathouse. I don't remember if I finished the warden's office though. If I did it wasn't much more than a desk and some chairs. I think I was working on the prison guard barracks when the server had to be updated.

i think we need a new Hashcatraz... so many corrupt players need to do some time behind bars.

There's also an island near the mouth of Pirate Bay (outside the current world boundaries). I would pull it up on the dynamic map, but it's borked.

Hey Ya'll, I haven't been around in a while (even when I was here last time I wasn't around long), can I get some of them thar build privileges on the new server so that I can play too?

player name is the same as forum name

Lassiterb has been added, uvbeenzaned is lassiterb's nephew, who has not been added, I will let a higher admin decide if he should be added or not.

Zexx

What happened to my tower near piratebay?

My guess is Crayoneater took it down.

Crayon, you are getting dangerously close to The Pirate Bay with your god awful floating walkway. Not only that, but you've most likely bulldozed someone else's build, AND you're going right above someone else's build site (dreams). Stop, right now.

I'm not an admin, but if you come any closer to The Pirate Bay I will tear your walkway down. I will protect Pirate Bay at all costs! YAAAAAAAAR (seriously, don't come any closer).

On a related note, Arr4ws, Illustrial, or whoever it is, please do NOT cover up the space above the Visitor Center. For what feels like the millionth time! My only request when I allowed the center to be built there was for the space I had dug out to remain open. It's been filled in twice now. Twice I've opened it back up. If it happens a third time, I'll burn that building to the ground!

And on another related note, I moved the rule board into the visitor center. Can an admin please move the Pirate Bay spawn to the interior of the Visitor Center, facing towards the front desk (so they see the signs about both the jobs and the rules). Thank you! :D

I also took some screenshots. The Pirate Bay is really shaping up! Thank you everyone for contributing!

The rule board.
mc-piratebay-01.png

Arr4ws ship, and Insomnibyte's Giant Gate in the background.
mc-piratebay-02.png

Modred's funky Corruption Pub (is that the name? my mind is drawing a blank). Thank you Mod for tweaking it!
mc-piratebay-03.png

Another view of Mod's Corruption Pub.
mc-piratebay-04.png

Insomnibyte's Giant Gate, and SandMan's tower.
mc-piratebay-05.png

The Visitor Center, and above that the Stronghold's towers.
mc-piratebay-06.png

Findarato's Brothel. Findarato, can you please extend the balcony so the support beams aren't in the middle of the boardwalk? And instead land on the cobble on the far end of the boardwalk? Thank you!
mc-piratebay-07.png

A view from the Gates
mc-piratebay-08.png

Another view.
mc-piratebay-09.png

I'm not sure why your throwing me in this mess, I have done nothing to/with the Visitor Center....I did, however start clearing out an area at Pirate Bay that arr4ws pointed out for me, last week, to build but went on later that day and someone had built on it, so I gave up even thinkin about building there.

I wanted to build an ARRRRRby's at the bay but never seemed to think there was a spot someone else wasn't building on.

The bridge looks great but I worry about the ship being able to pass under it :)

ADX321

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back